Now that we aren’t on Twitter

BJ8649

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6700-8834-6214
Could be nice. Iirc only high tier roller rn is vroller and even thats only bc one or few jp onetricks made it work. Having more roller representation at the top would be nice
Dynamo could be a cool mid-backline support imo. Ideally if it was good:
itd have enough kill power to make short and mid range weapons respect it more. And itd have enough long range paint to paint from far away in the face of splatlings or chargers. And maybe it could have enough mobility to make it more flexible than the other backlines? Like liter, vcharger or even pencil (after it gets nerfs)
Hell i'd probably add some extreme strengths too, like vertical flick being 2 shot minimum and having scoped liter range, or making rolling being able to destroy bombs, or making the ink coming out from flicking being able to block shots

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
Hell i'd probably add some extreme strengths too, like vertical flick being 2 shot minimum and having scoped liter range, or making rolling being able to destroy bombs, or making the ink coming out from flicking being able to block shots
that's, a little much....

Yonbon

Inkling
I love vanilla honestly, I've really grown to love the kit and play around it (this was supposed to be a reply to another reply but I don't know how to use forums lmao)

blu_aaa

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2473-2014-2344
And people are civilized here

On the recent months I’ve seen a lot of general distaste to Dynamo Roller, specially after getting buffed

the “public opinion” of dynamo seems to have gotten worse with people wanting it to be nerfed so they don’t have to fight it instead of just learning the matchup
View attachment 8337

what do y’all think of dynamo potentially reaching a high tier weapon status?
Or just being good lmao
I think it has potential if it keeps getting good buffs like the one we got recently, hits are mostly consistent and now you have to respect its kill range more than pre-buff. I think its a pretty fair weapon to fight if it were in the higher tiers, its slow and has counterplay ppl just need to how to play around it instead of being salty

BJ8649

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6700-8834-6214
map dependency, mechanical demand, needs a coordinated team willing to play around it and not everyone wants to be the side character in some carbon one-trick's game.
rip alliance rogue they were the one team who did and now they gone

Kizaco

Inkling
NNID
Kizaco
I think the reason people don’t like weapons like dynamo is that they don’t like having AOE weapons that are good. I’ve talked to a few people who were in the dynamo hate camp and they generally sounded like they didn’t want an AOE weapon to be good because “it didn’t take skill”. As for me I love to see it, dynamo is cool :)

blu_aaa

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2473-2014-2344
And people are civilized here

On the recent months I’ve seen a lot of general distaste to Dynamo Roller, specially after getting buffed

the “public opinion” of dynamo seems to have gotten worse with people wanting it to be nerfed so they don’t have to fight it instead of just learning the matchup
View attachment 8337

what do y’all think of dynamo potentially reaching a high tier weapon status?
Or just being good lmao
I think it has potential since it can actually kill more often than before if ppl are within its range, I think if they were to improve its paint I think vdynamo would be another good cooler option to play with (if they nerf pencil anytime in the future ofc). We need more weapons in this game to be good and I think dynamo is a prefect candidate for that.

BJ8649

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6700-8834-6214
vflick is kinda good for dynamo actually. it needs it in its current state. just give it like, minimum 55-60 damage and we're big chilling
its so slow though 😭 like maybe make it a bit faster too
Lord knows it needs all the help it can get in a meta where pencil is the only support/backline/both

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
Whats everyones thoughts on ideal weapon comps? like, not whats good right now but what you would want to see be viable?

Personally, I've always liked some level of variety and that sorta "rock paper scissors" gameplay, I'm still coping that Jr will be good in a comp eventually

BJ8649

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6700-8834-6214
I think the reason people don’t like weapons like dynamo is that they don’t like having AOE weapons that are good. I’ve talked to a few people who were in the dynamo hate camp and they generally sounded like they didn’t want an AOE weapon to be good because “it didn’t take skill”. As for me I love to see it, dynamo is cool :)
I personally dont like fighting dynamo cos getting upclose is pretty hard sometimes but it could just be a skill/weapon issue (i play splat brella)

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
its so slow though 😭 like maybe make it a bit faster too
Lord knows it needs all the help it can get in a meta where pencil is the only support/backline/both
that's kinda dynamo's whole thing 💀 it's only 10 frames slower than horizontal you'll live

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
and that being said, dynamo isnt actually a backline. it plays a very flexible game between like, every role. it will never compete with actual backlines for their spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom