OC Thread

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
Make yourself a fresh in-game persona/character. discuss your character, speculate member characters, lore, anything that tickles your imaginative fancy.

Demonic Labrys

Pro Squid
NNID
Omega_Snakey
Well mine is pretty much what i said in the discord oc thread XD so what do you think of my character as a cheerful/sinister one XD

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Both of my OCs, which are an Inkling and an Octoling, are close friends. I do have names for them, but I need to draw them. I can only do so much with Inkscape with a darn mouse!

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
don't really know what my character would be, but it's definitely octoling. if anyone has any ideas, i'd be glad to hear 'em. never done OCs, so it's kind of new to me.

Demonic Labrys

Pro Squid
NNID
Omega_Snakey
yeah mine will be an octoling but more of crazed one who has an unstable emtions but she is still kind to others and close friends but just tick her off XD idk know her name yet XD

Flipz

Senior Squid
NNID
FlipzMCL
My Octoling is a sort of quiet, refined nerd who keeps getting strong-armed into combat against their will when they'd rather stay in the lab and study (think Twilight Sparkle pre-Nightmare Moon, or Moondancer pre-Twilight Sparkle). They have a personal hologram device (maybe some kind of necklace they hide in their armband (the one of the Sky-Blue Squideye, or in the armband included with the Splatfest tees during Splatfests), which disguises their Octoling tentacles as Inkling ones. While they're known to own a Custom Range Blaster (it's my favorite weapon design <3 ), more often they can be seen using their notebook as an impromptu weapon when dragged into combat unprepared.

They like to wear a lab coat over their battle gear sometimes, but it's not a key aspect of the character (they won't wear it outside O.C.T.O. HQ or anything like that).

Speaking of my OC, @Minty , how's their drawing coming along? I'm particularly interested in seeing how you're handling the androgynous tentacle-hair style. :)

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
WEEEEELLLLL. I'm finally going to be able to work on them since I'll have plenty of time on the weekend.... And knowing they are an Octoling in disguise is super cool.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I have two that are best friends, but it's actually only one character I'm playing as.

Georgia Marlin is the Inkling and she's really energetic and fun person to be around. She's a genius though but she likes to fool you into thinking she isn't. She isn't the one playing the sport due to her laziness. Her favorite weapon is the Octoshot, but nowhere near "Fresh" enough for Judd to give her one, so she just went to Octo Valley and stole one from an Octoling. She never uses it, but "brags" she has one not telling the actual reason she has it.

Francine Oyster is the Octoling and was a ex member of the Octarian army. She likes to tease people all the time and she isn't afraid of telling you what she thinks. Francine is not her real name because, she doesn't have one. She was raised as a unit for the Octarian Army with the ID of UNIT:6286-17 (OCTO-17).

She was given her name from her friend and responds to it. She has an Inkling Disguise and uses the technology from the center to make herself appear as a normal female Inkling with all the woomys. She mostly observes the world above, and the world below. She's quite smart, being able to hack into the Octarian database to deliver information at the fastest chance she could get. She's rather salty when she loses. Favorite weapon is the same as mine, the Hero Shot.

Yeah, it's not the best, but that's my head in a nutshell. I'll get around to drawing them as soon as I have the patience to put up with my mouse for five hours just for the sketch.

EDIT: More lore and stuff about them.

Last edited:

Flipz

Senior Squid
NNID
FlipzMCL
Comic idea (repost from Discord):

(Omega is trying to convince Flipz to join him in Turf Wars)
Panel 1:
Flipz: "Oh, come on, Omega. I don't even have a weapon."

Panel 2: *Omega drops a Custom Range Blaster in Flipz' arms*

Panel 3: *Minty comes up behind Flipz to investigate*

Panel 4: *Minty grins a Slasher Smile and grabs Flipz' shoulder*

Panel 5: *Minty drags Flipz away to Turf Wars*

Flipz

Senior Squid
NNID
FlipzMCL
Am I completely off base in picturing Francine's Inkling disguise as looking like a green-clad Carmen Sandiego with a face and tentacle hairstyle like Asami Sato from Legend of Korra? (Would be a cool way to give the character the nickname of "Noire", and heck, if Georgia wears similarly noire-esque clothes we could refer to them in - universe as "the Noire Sisters" even though they're technically not sisters, sort of as our own parallel to the Squid Sisters. :p )
In other news, I'm writing up an outline for a comic explaining how our characters all met, and how O.C.T.O. came to be. I think you'll like what I've come up with so far. :)

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
One thing to note is the "Inkling" you see me play as at the moment is indeed Francine in disguise. Georgia is more of a cheerleader than a fighter. But she could play the sport quite well, she's just lazy. But she would likely use Chargers as she wouldn't have to move as much in battle. She likes the Octoshot because of it's looks more than anything, but she's not great at using Shooters.

Also, lol at the "Noire Sisters". I had to google Asami Sato from Korra to get an idea about what she looked like. That could work actually and it explains why everyone calls her "Noire". And it gives me an excuse to use a Charger if Georgia decided to get her feet wet in battling other Inklings/Octolings.

Francine has a smartphone that not only does everything for her (Ah, the age of Smartphones!) It's also used as a hacking tool to getting important information to the center quickly, right as it happens(Think Watch Dogs, so the phone itself is hacked.) On top of checking her current standing at what would be their version of Splatnet.

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
I'm a bit noobish when it comes to OC's, but I love lore of any kind so I'll give my own OC a shot. (Plus it would be awesome to be a part of this comic Flipz is making. As such, this message will be mostly addressed to Flipz.)

Basically, if there's one word to describe my OC, it would be "snarky". He makes snide remarks, but it's all in the name of fun, never to put down his fellow OCTO members.

Speaking of the term "he," I would indeed prefer my OC to be male, but PLEASE when drawing him, give him a hairdo less dorky than what typical Inkling boys have. Maybe something like this Tako boy: https://i.redditmedia.com/cyv6GSpkK....jpg?w=320&s=3330d3db8c9b7d9ae86e74858984fc67 . Not sure if each character will have a "default" color for when we're not in a match, but if so, make mine dat amazing Squid Girl blue like my old avatar had :D . As for whether he's an Inkling or Octoling, it doesn't matter much to me. However you want to implement him into the lore, I guess. I'm pretty much just focusing on personality with this post (or at least I was at first). Speaking of which, let's get back on-topic, shall we?

As I said, "snarky" is the key word. If you've played The World Ends With You, think Joshua. Mostly sarcastic, and seemingly careless, but always analyzing those around him, and able to get serious if needed. He is also very knowledgeable about the world (both the surface and Octo Valley). In most cases, he keeps his intentions mysterious, and he rarely gets worked up about anything. His main weakness as a character is that he is very reluctant to open up to others, even those he is close to.

So yeah, I hope this helps you out Flipz ^_^

EDIT (11/3): Added more stuff to the post to hopefully better define my OC character. Hope it's helpful ;)
EDIT (11/13): Edited mention of my avatar. Moved section regarding my outfit to new post.

Last edited:

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
first time making an oc. in fact, this is the first time i've hit the keyboard in over 10 years. used to write all the time. short stories. small vignettes, stuff like that. in fact, i collect typewriters (nothing special, small, or i'd have no room!), and learned to type on one. but then i just stopped. still can't think of anything, to be honest. i do feel the oc is in the right hands, though.

this'll be a fun project for the group. a small request, though. if/when you do draw my char, could it have curly tentacles? i have curly hair irl, and it could also be a reason as to why i relate to octos in the oc. if you've already started, no worries. no big deal. i'll be happy you're even working on a squiddy-me in the first place!

Last edited:

Alpine

Inkling
NNID
Alpinegregy
OC's...huh. I've seen them a lot. I've spitballed ideas before. But, I guess this is my first time diving into this kind of foray. Welp, here goes nothing.

Her name is Jade "Green" Mackerel. She has a Big Sis mentality, meaning that she's got a quick to anger, but ultimately cares about those around her.
Not one to sit around and twiddle her thumbs, she's always doing something to sate her boredom, this usually is cured by Turf Wars.
Her gear consist of the Legendary Hat, School Uniform, and Traditional Sandals. Has an affinity for Vehicles.

Unless Flipz wants to modify anything here, or wants me to add anything, this is the basic idea of Jade.

OH, and why she's called "Green" despite her name being Jade? She's not the biggest fan of her normal name. So she opted for a nickname!
...She's not great at naming things. Oh, and she's an Inkling.

*EDIT* I thought of a few other things. Despite caring for others, she's a pretty big loner. Usually just watching from a distance. She lets people grow independently, only jumping in, if necessary. She doesn't enjoy long conversations either. If she makes a mistake, she'll beat herself up about it, only to use it as fuel to try and make her a better Player or better person...depending on the mistake. She also has a habit of channeling her anger to make her fight better, rather than letting the anger get to her head. Despite all her anger, wanting to be a loner, and trying to be a mentor whenever possible, she also gets easily embarrassed, for some strange reason.

I have a feeling she'd likely end up being a part of the cast either against her will, like tricking her in some way, or something happens...I'm not sure what, but something convinces her to follow them.

TEXT WALLS OF EDITING ARE FUN, RIGHT GUYS? *Brick'd*

Last edited:

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
OC's...huh. I've seen them a lot. I've spitballed ideas before. But, I guess this is my first time diving into this kind of foray. Welp, here goes nothing.

Her name is Jade "Green" Mackerel. She has a Big Sis mentality, meaning that she's got a quick to anger, but ultimately cares about those around her.
Not one to sit around and twiddle her thumbs, she's always doing something to sate her boredom, this usually is cured by Turf Wars.
Her gear consist of the Legendary Hat, School Uniform, and Traditional Sandals. Has an affinity for Vehicles.

Unless Flipz wants to modify anything here, or wants me to add anything, this is the basic idea of Jade.

OH, and why she's called "Green" despite her name being Jade? She's not the biggest fan of her normal name. So she opted for a nickname!
sounds great. i'm new to ocs myself, and at this point, it seems my life is just an oc. they're using my dialogue and stories from chat to make my oc. go figure. lol.

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429

Nice! Seems like a solid addition to the growing cast!

sounds great. i'm new to ocs myself, and at this point, it seems my life is just an oc. they're using my dialogue and stories from chat to make my oc. go figure. lol.
YOUR DEPRESSING LIFE BEFORE MEETING US MAKES FOR A VERY COMPELLING STORY, OKAY!? <3 <3 <3

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
If you're wondering where the dark skinned Inkling I'm playing as came from, her name is Carmen. I already posted in general of what she does when not playing Turf War, she's a late night DJ who also mixes and makes dance albums.

EDIT: I'm not playing as her anymore but I'm leaving this here for Archive purposes. My character is Georgia once more.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom