• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octo Expansion Secret Boss Help [Spoilers]

crows

Inkster Jr.
Premium
Pronouns
they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-6103-0887-9214
patience can be a good strategy, but agent 3 is unique among splatoon 2 bosses in that they regenerate health. rushing them down must be done strategically - using your bombs for micro area denial, trapping their landings after inkjet, and abusing any weakness of their specials that you can. my overall strategy for inner agent 3 was a constant switch-off between avoiding her attacks and trying to finish a phase as quickly as possible. dodge her attacks any way you can and wait for an opportunity, then punish. the hardest phase to do this with is the autobomb rush phase - they can still use their hero shot and dodge-roll during this, so there's no real weakness. wait for a pause between the bombs, then it's all down to filling her with ink before it recharges.

Cephalobro

The best bet is to stay around the areas where ink can be blocked, this way, Agent 3's Splashdown wouldn't reach you, but you will need to get going quickly because he is known to give pursuit and won't let off. On his Splashdown phase, try to keep a good distance between yourself and him to avoid a lot of the damage, but keep inking so you can escape his Autobombs in time.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
What... what the heck? Is this battle different for different people? Does it depend on Agent 3's gender or eye color or something? Because my battle was:
  1. One Splashdown, then just shooting. (If they get an Inkjet, I never saw it.)
  2. Baller right off the bat, then shooting with dodge rolling. Easy enough to run away or just shoot it to push it back out of inksplosion range.
  3. Curling Bomb Launcher. I assume they use guns after that, but they're really bad with the launcher, so I never saw it.
  4. Stingray. Agent 3 stands on a floating platform and alternates Stingrays with scattered shots. The easiest phase; they can't aim down with the Stingray and the shooting is badly aimed, so you can safely get close and just chuck bombs.
  5. Three Splashdowns, then shooting and dodge rolling.
Thanks for telling me how that battle was. I, er...skipped it. (Shame, it would've been fun if I didn't want to get through as quickly as possible.)

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
The best bet is to stay around the areas where ink can be blocked, this way, Agent 3's Splashdown wouldn't reach you, but you will need to get going quickly because he is known to give pursuit and won't let off. On his Splashdown phase, try to keep a good distance between yourself and him to avoid a lot of the damage, but keep inking so you can escape his Autobombs in time.
Ah. I'll make a note of that once (or, er, if I ever :P) I beat all the levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom