• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well, Inkling Assist Trophies aren't exactly my cup of tea either, nor do I expect them to get that treatment (after all, the only DLC we've gotten for Smash is characters, costumes, stages, & Tourney mode—all things that people use).

And honestly, I'd like to apologize for that. I'd forgotten that the main reason for that mentality (too soon) went out the window the day the Mario Maker stage was announced.

Though I'm not sure comparing the Inklings to K. Rool or Ridley is fair.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
If they release Assist Trophies, I'd bet it'll just be part of a general game content update and no one will be expected to pay for it. That being said, Splatoon is a game notable enough that I think has earned a playable character slot, no doubt filled by an Inkling of some sort. And if they do, I can guarantee both male and female ones will be available to use. Who knows? Maybe Octolings will be available too, as alternate costumes or even a second playable character slot.

But I think Callie and Marie do deserve Assist Trophy representation too. Maybe they can use a special weapon the Inklings don't use. Maybe Judd can appear as an Assist Trophy, though I'm not sure what he'd do. (Declare the match finished right at that moment with a winner determined?) Or DJ Octavio in his Octobot.

MintChipper

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TonyEH
I remember talking on the Smashboards thread for Inklings all the time putting cringy 8th grade-me comments, I stopped going there after the game came out and sadly it's closed because of the ballot. I voted for Prince Fluff and Inklings after I saw the Mii costumes.

Flipz

Senior Squid
NNID
FlipzMCL
...I would buy the heck out of a Smash stage that recreated the King K. Rool fight on Gangplank Galleon from DKC (I haven't played the other DKC games, but I imagine recreations of their final boss fights would make fun stages, too). Put K. Rool in that way and give us Inklings as playable characters, plz.

RE: Assist Trophies, I'd love to see them revive the Ditto idea they cut from Melee; if "number of active things in play at once" is still a problem, just remove it from the spawn probability tables unless the number of players is less than 4. That way, we could get Inklings as Assist Trophies and playable characters. Everyone wins! :P

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
For whatever reason, I haven't been notified for this in a while. Well, time to go through the pages.

That message, or warning sounds so weird! What are they planning? Also, another splatfest so soon?

My guess, it will be Team Do you want Octolings, vs. Team No Octolings. Whichever ones wins determines if we get them playable or not. That would be some high stakes.
If they do that I want a Popularity only win. Octolings wouldn't win otherwise(The salt would give everyone heart attacks, tho)
EDIT: I'm back and informed. ish. And our Splatfest is supposed to be on Christmas PST

You know, having Octolings as a skin for Inklings would be a cool way of announcing Octolings in Splatoon for the Smash Direct, but it probably won't happen. And what combos would they do for the 12? color palates?(however you spell that)

Last edited:
Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
You know, having Octolings as a skin for Inklings would be a cool way of announcing Octolings in Splatoon for the Smash Direct, but it probably won't happen. And what combos would they do for the 12? color palates?(however you spell that)
YES I've wanted them to do that since we first heard about the Smash Broadcast at the end of this last Direct! I really hope it happens, but I doubt it will :(

As for alts, well...

These are the alts I think would be cool at least, lol

Last edited:

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I was thinking it would be like Little Mac where the boys are a whole class of alts, and each alt has different gear (like the main girl's Studio Headphones, White Tee and Pink Trainers). Also, their tenta-hair color would depend on which player was using them (e.g. the P1 Inkling has pink hair, P2 blue, etc.)

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I was thinking it would be like Little Mac where the boys are a whole class of alts, and each alt has different gear (like the main girl's Studio Headphones, White Tee and Pink Trainers). Also, their tenta-hair color would depend on which player was using them (e.g. the P1 Inkling has pink hair, P2 blue, etc.)
That's clever ;) I wonder what gear they would have, tho
And an idea for the special moves and the Final Smash?

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
And an idea for the special moves and the Final Smash?
I'll toss in my two cents.
Standard B: Splat Bomb. Self-explanatory.
Side B: Splash Wall. Kinda like a damaging version of Palutena's Reflect Barrier.
Down B: Either Ink Mine, or the squid form (because squid form as a crouch seems like a pain to control IMO).
Up B: Super Jump, marker can be aimed until the jump is initiated.
Final Smash: Either Inkzooka, Inkstrike, or Kraken, but I'd most prefer the Kraken.

Yeah, I can see the Inklings as a sort of trap-master, from what I've written.

Last edited:

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Callie still the best Squid Sister. She's the most like me actually and the moment I pick Marie the last Splatfest, the moment I lost. I'll carefully make my choice this Splatfest however.

I don't think we'll get a chance at Octoling info until next week.

samsamdinh1

Inkling
NNID
samsamdinh1
Khỏe mạnh, bóng bẩy hơn cả, đồng hồ cơ Orient FET0P001W0 đến từ Nhật Bản sẽ luôn theo giúp bạn kiểm soát thời gian đến cùng trên tất cả mọi nẻo đường với tất cả bản lĩnh của mình với phong độ tốt nhất bền nhất. Ngay bây giờ, hãy cùng xem Orient FET0P001W0 cuốn hút ở những đâu!

Sức Nào Dai Được Hơn Đồng Hồ Orient FET0P001W0

Orient FET0P001W0 là một chiếc dong ho vô cùng đẹp mã đến từ nhà sản xuất đồng hồ cơ hàng đầu Nhật Bản Orient với bộ vó vàng hồng xuất hiện chung với mặt số màu vàng Champagne và dây da nâu vân cá sấu, sang trọng đến cùng dành cho nam giới.

Chiếc đồng hồ Orient FET0P001W0 máy cơ tự động Nhật Bản

Ngoài bộ vó bảnh bao, đồng hồ Orient FET0P001W0 cũng có một độ bền tuyệt vời cùng độ chính xác rất cao được tạo nên từ bộ máy cơ tự động được lắp ráp tỉ mỉ bằng tay 100% tại Nhật Bản bởi những nghệ nhân đồng hồ giàu kinh nghiệm.

Một số ưu điểm của đồng hồ Orient FET0P001W0:

♥ Máy cơ đa năng với các chức năng phức tạp
♥ Vỏ mạ vàng hồng thật, dây da thật, kính sapphire chống trầy
♥ Mặt sau triển lãm máy cơ tự động 21 chân kính
♥ Thiết kế sang trọng với giá phải chăng chỉ
7. 910. 000 đồng

Vì Sao Đồng Hồ Orient FET0P001W0 Vừa Đẹp Vừa Bền?

---Thép không gỉ 316L cao cấp được mạ vàng hồng (công nghệ PVD mang đến màu sắc đẹp như vàng khối và cực kỳ khó phai) để tạo nên chiếc vỏ, núm điều chỉnh và khóa đầy sang trọng.

---Kính tinh thể Sapphire nguyên khối rất dày đắt tiền tạo nên khả năng chống trầy gần như tuyệt đối và hạn chế nứt vỡ khi va đập. Đi kèm đồng hồ là dây da thật được nhuộm màu nâu và tạo vân cá sấu, dẻo dai, bền bỉ, chịu mồ hôi và không gây dị ứng.

---Kích thước hiện đại và phù hợp với mọi cổ tay nam giới, khi đeo, đồng hồ ôm sát cổ tay do thiết kế vấu cong, núm điều chỉnh to nhưng dẹp, không hề gây ra bất cứ sự vướng víu nào. Nắp lưng mặt sau có gắn kính để triển lãm máy.

Nhìn nghiêng và nhìn từ phía sau đồng hồ Orient FET0P001W0

---Vận hành đồng hồ Orient FET0P001W0 là bộ máy cơ tự động được sản xuất bằng tay ở Nhật Bản 46B46. Đây là bộ máy có 21 chân kính trang trí và tăng độ bền, tần số dao động 21600 mang đến chuyển động mịn và chính xác.

---Năng lực: sai số lý thuyết -15 đến +20s/ngày (là sai số tối đa, thực tế chỉ khoảng ±5s/ngày), dự trữ năng lượng 40 giờ, giờ phút giây hiển thị qua ba kim trung tâm, lịch thứ ở vị trí 2-3 giờ, lịch ngày ở 6 giờ, chỉ số ngày và đêm 24 giờ ở vị trí 10 giờ, chịu nước với nặp lưng và núm điều chỉnh dạng vít vặn.

Thông Số Kỹ Thuật Và Đánh Giá Đồng Hồ Orient FET0P001W0

Vỏ thép không gỉ 316L mạ vàng hồng
Dây da thật với vân cá sấu màu nâu
Mặt kính tinh thể Sapphire chống trầy
Đường kính 41.5mm x độ dày 13.29mm
Khả năng chống nước 3 ATM (30m)
Chức năng: giờ, phút, giây, lịch thứ, lịch ngày, chỉ số ngày đêm 24 giờ

Trên tay đồng hồ Orient FET0P001W0

Với đồng hồ Orient FET0P001W0, bạn sẽ không cần lo ngại về vấn đề chất lượng bởi đây là một sản phẩm cao cấp với bộ máy lắp ráp bằng tay đến từ Nhật Bản, độ chính xác. Tông màu vàng sang trọng đi kèm dây da lịch lãm phù hợp với tất cả mọi người, sử dụng ở bất cứ đâu.

Sự đa năng của Orient FET0P001W0 cũng sẽ hỗ trợ cho cuộc sống của bạn thêm tiện nghi. Ngoài ra, Orient FET0P001W0 hiện đang được Bảo Hành Đến 5 Năm tại Hải Triều, mua ngay và dùng trong hàng chục năm, thậm chí là trăm năm mà không cần lo lắng gì cả nhé.

RSBThao

Last edited:

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
Hey, thanks for the news.
likewise...

In any case, unless Nintendo makes an official announcement, or the incoming update has new update info, we're at a standstill. Keep those guesses coming though, cause yours is as good as any other right now.

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
likewise...

In any case, unless Nintendo makes an official announcement, or the incoming update has new update info, we're at a standstill. Keep those guesses coming though, cause yours is as good as any other right now.
I still want to hold on to the hope that we'll get a surprise announcement of them toward the tail end of the Smash Direct, as unlikely as it seems. Even just getting the Inklings announced for Smash on that day with an Octoling alt or two would be a sign.

In the mean time, here's some art:

(Good thing I put this in a spoiler, this pic is huge...)

The Octos just want to play Turf Wars with the Squid Kids, Ninty! Why won't you let them? ;n;

Recettear

Full Squid
NNID
anrakutei
Man I want to get hyped about Octolings or Inklings in smash but every single time Nintendo announced something it was just disappointing.

My expectations are low as hell for Nintendo presentations lately, so I'm expecting the Smash Ballot announcement and maybe an update/teaser or something at best. Don't know why they would throw Splatoon news into a Smash broadcast. Seems a tad too wishful to expect something out of it.

I remember when the Octoling got posted on the tumblr and I got hyped but then literally nothing happened and they were just posting art. Cool art but that's it. Thanks Ninty.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Man I want to get hyped about Octolings or Inklings in smash but every single time Nintendo announced something it was just disappointing.

My expectations are low as hell for Nintendo presentations lately, so I'm expecting the Smash Ballot announcement and maybe an update/teaser or something at best. Don't know why they would throw Splatoon news into a Smash broadcast. Seems a tad too wishful to expect something out of it.

I remember when the Octoling got posted on the tumblr and I got hyped but then literally nothing happened and they were just posting art. Cool art but that's it. Thanks Ninty.
Like I said before, it's best to keep your expectations low because usually Nintendo announces things that not many people really care about (unless you're Nintendo). I know ever since their E3 Digital Event back in June, I stopped caring about their presentations, but every time there is another Nintendo presentation, I keep my expectations to a small degree.

I still want to see the Inklings as playable Smash veterans, but if not, I'm gonna be super salty about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom