1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by aqua46, Oct 8, 2015.

1. G1ng3rGar1

G1ng3rGar1 Inkling Fleet Admiral

So it looks like you revived(?) it?

I say that there's still hope. I feel like Octolings were more wanted than hairstyles and pants, in my opinion. But as always, we have to just wait.

2. Lyn

Lyn Squid Savior From the Future
    Premium

I figured it was recent enough to say more like "healed it" rather than necro'd it back from the dead, haha. At least considering there's posts that haven't been responded to since, like, March and even farther back still on the first page of a lot of these sections. :confused:

Also, yeah, definitely. I'm not sure I ever actually saw anyone asking for hairstyles, I know there was pants. I just personally wanted hairstyles quite a bit. I'd take an entire new playable race over hairstyles though unsurprisingly, let us hope Nintendo takes the idea and does something with it.

3. G1ng3rGar1

I might've seen some Miiverse posts about it, but hairstyles were mostly wanted on tumblr and here.

aqua46 likes this.
  4. aqua46

aqua46 Inkling Commander

Hehe. The one time I come in and I see a leviathan emerge from the depths. This is indeed still the bes thread ;)

Aaaaanyway, yeah. It's a bummer they never made it into the final product, but anything is possible, and the hype train will perpetually chug along.

My hope will be an unlockable octo wig, like the previous octo gear. It's the only missing component for full octo cosplay, and if switchtoon is indeed an update and not a full sequel, it's a simple addition that can make everyone happy. Less programming time, and a patented imitation-octo team member to satisfy that craving.

Dunno if the jp audience is as adamant about them takos as we are, but it's definitely possible. the devs love em, given how much octo gear we recieved. So here's hoping, and here's to everyone on squidboards and the octo hype thread: the ageless heartbeat of a hibernating dream ;3

G1ng3rGar1, Ikaheishi, Reila and 3 others like this.
  5. BlackZero

BlackZero Inkling Commander

This thread was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

It's very likely they will be playable in the next Splatoon game, assuming its another team shooter. The devs commented that they'd like to play with other genres, so it may not be another shooter at all. Curious what they'd do with Octolings in a non-shooter game.

Still, there are Gmod models out there, so you can just play with them in Gmod. There's also a fan-made game that features Octolings. These things are not difficult to get running, so you can always play Octolings in that. It'll probably happen sooner that way than waiting for Nintendo to do it.

G1ng3rGar1 likes this.
  6. calamaro

calamaro Inkling Fleet Admiral

I think they would of showed some sort of octo love if it was in the works during the Switch reveal. Imagine the hype if they showed even a snip-it during the Switch Splatoon footage.

aqua46 and G1ng3rGar1 like this.
  7. Dark octo

Dark octo Inkling

Ugh... Nintendo why no octolings! :mad:

8. G1ng3rGar1

Well, there have been some developments in Splatoon 2 according to the datamines (Octoling Boy files/models, etc)

So who knows

9. Dark octo

Dark octo Inkling

Yeah ur right there might be a update for spl2n

10. Saber

Saber Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Saber
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0369-4203-0233

Just saw this, looks promising reignite your hope for a new ranked mode and playable octolings

G1ng3rGar1 likes this.
  11. Dark octo

Dark octo Inkling

Thx this really helped! :D

Saber likes this.
  12. Reila

Reila Inkling Fleet Admiral

Since Splatoon 1 is pretty much dead in terms of update, shouldn't this thread be moved to the Splatoon 2 area? Unless there is a Octoling hype thread there as well. If so, ignore this.

Still hoping for playable Octolings.

G1ng3rGar1 likes this.
  13. calamaro

calamaro Inkling Fleet Admiral

G1ng3rGar1 and Reila like this.
  14. Reila

Reila Inkling Fleet Admiral

G1ng3rGar1 and calamaro like this.
  15. Lyn

Lyn Squid Savior From the Future
    Premium

Funny to look at this thread again, myself referring to Spla2n as "Splatoon NS game" before we knew anything. Good to look back on, also a lot of the reason I'm skeptical about Spla2n getting them.

16. Dark octo

Dark octo Inkling

Splatoon 1 is totally dead when ever I join a battle there is nobody and fewer people in the plaza to I'm totally gonna get splatoon 2