• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Not to necro, but it looks like we never got Octolings afterall. Hope for Splatoon NS game? Other than hairstyles, it was definitely the most requested feature. Unsure about the Japanese audience, though.
So it looks like you revived(?) it?

I say that there's still hope. I feel like Octolings were more wanted than hairstyles and pants, in my opinion. But as always, we have to just wait.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
So it looks like you revived(?) it?

I say that there's still hope. I feel like Octolings were more wanted than hairstyles and pants, in my opinion. But as always, we have to just wait.
I figured it was recent enough to say more like "healed it" rather than necro'd it back from the dead, haha. At least considering there's posts that haven't been responded to since, like, March and even farther back still on the first page of a lot of these sections. :confused:

Also, yeah, definitely. I'm not sure I ever actually saw anyone asking for hairstyles, I know there was pants. I just personally wanted hairstyles quite a bit. I'd take an entire new playable race over hairstyles though unsurprisingly, let us hope Nintendo takes the idea and does something with it.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I figured it was recent enough to say more like "healed it" rather than necro'd it back from the dead, haha. At least considering there's posts that haven't been responded to since, like, March and even farther back still on the first page of a lot of these sections. :confused:

Also, yeah, definitely. I'm not sure I ever actually saw anyone asking for hairstyles, I know there was pants. I just personally wanted hairstyles quite a bit. I'd take an entire new playable race over hairstyles though unsurprisingly, let us hope Nintendo takes the idea and does something with it.
I might've seen some Miiverse posts about it, but hairstyles were mostly wanted on tumblr and here.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
Hehe. The one time I come in and I see a leviathan emerge from the depths. This is indeed still the bes thread ;)

Aaaaanyway, yeah. It's a bummer they never made it into the final product, but anything is possible, and the hype train will perpetually chug along.

My hope will be an unlockable octo wig, like the previous octo gear. It's the only missing component for full octo cosplay, and if switchtoon is indeed an update and not a full sequel, it's a simple addition that can make everyone happy. Less programming time, and a patented imitation-octo team member to satisfy that craving.

Dunno if the jp audience is as adamant about them takos as we are, but it's definitely possible. the devs love em, given how much octo gear we recieved. So here's hoping, and here's to everyone on squidboards and the octo hype thread: the ageless heartbeat of a hibernating dream ;3

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Hehe. The one time I come in and I see a leviathan emerge from the depths. This is indeed still the bes thread ;)

Aaaaanyway, yeah. It's a bummer they never made it into the final product, but anything is possible, and the hype train will perpetually chug along.

My hope will be an unlockable octo wig, like the previous octo gear. It's the only missing component for full octo cosplay, and if switchtoon is indeed an update and not a full sequel, it's a simple addition that can make everyone happy. Less programming time, and a patented imitation-octo team member to satisfy that craving.

Dunno if the jp audience is as adamant about them takos as we are, but it's definitely possible. the devs love em, given how much octo gear we recieved. So here's hoping, and here's to everyone on squidboards and the octo hype thread: the ageless heartbeat of a hibernating dream ;3
This thread was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

It's very likely they will be playable in the next Splatoon game, assuming its another team shooter. The devs commented that they'd like to play with other genres, so it may not be another shooter at all. Curious what they'd do with Octolings in a non-shooter game.

Still, there are Gmod models out there, so you can just play with them in Gmod. There's also a fan-made game that features Octolings. These things are not difficult to get running, so you can always play Octolings in that. It'll probably happen sooner that way than waiting for Nintendo to do it.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I think they would of showed some sort of octo love if it was in the works during the Switch reveal. Imagine the hype if they showed even a snip-it during the Switch Splatoon footage.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Well, there have been some developments in Splatoon 2 according to the datamines (Octoling Boy files/models, etc)

So who knows

Just saw this, looks promising reignite your hope for a new ranked mode and playable octolings

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Since Splatoon 1 is pretty much dead in terms of update, shouldn't this thread be moved to the Splatoon 2 area? Unless there is a Octoling hype thread there as well. If so, ignore this.

Still hoping for playable Octolings.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Funny to look at this thread again, myself referring to Spla2n as "Splatoon NS game" before we knew anything. Good to look back on, also a lot of the reason I'm skeptical about Spla2n getting them.

Dark octo

Inkling
Splatoon 1 is totally dead when ever I join a battle there is nobody and fewer people in the plaza to I'm totally gonna get splatoon 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom