• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I still want to hold on to the hope that we'll get a surprise announcement of them toward the tail end of the Smash Direct, as unlikely as it seems. Even just getting the Inklings announced for Smash on that day with an Octoling alt or two would be a sign.

In the mean time, here's some art:

(Good thing I put this in a spoiler, this pic is huge...)

The Octos just want to play Turf Wars with the Squid Kids, Ninty! Why won't you let them? ;n;
The artist who made this just joined Squid Boards if you didn't know. It's a great picture by the way.

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429

SPECULATION TIME~ What are everyone's thoughts on this tweet? Are our Octo babies finally being set free? Who knows?

All I can say is "HYYYYYYPE"

Nevermind it's a fake account, everything I know is a lie D':

Someday, Octos. Someday...

In the meantime, here's a thing:

Last edited:

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Rapid Blaster Pro Deco this weekend? Please? :oops:
I've been messing around with the Proper noun the game Rapid Blaster Pro recently and I actually really enjoy it, but its loadout is pretty crappy, disruptors + Killer Wail will be pretty awesome.

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
Rapid Blaster Pro Deco this weekend? Please? :oops:
I've been messing around with the Proper noun the game Rapid Blaster Pro recently and I actually really enjoy it, but its loadout is pretty crappy, disruptors + Killer Wail will be pretty awesome.
I don't think we're getting anything this weekend because of Splatfest, but maybe next week? I personally think the Octobrush Nouveau is way overdue. The vanilla Octobrush has already been in the game for five months!

Also, I just noticed New Years Day is on a Friday. New Years 3.0 update anyone? (I WANT TO BELIEVE)

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
C'mon Europe! MORE Teasing? I already knew an update was likely this month but I honestly expect gear and weapon changes. Until I see it on my screen, we're not getting Octos.

It's Fake, nevermind. Why am I not surprised?

Last edited:

Recettear

Full Squid
NNID
anrakutei
Diggin' it!
Is that dance a new callout? Is this the new squidbagging?

Can I now dance on the corpses of my enemies like Gal Deco users in Turf Wars? Squid parties with randoms are now enhanced with more options for ****ery? This is the best possible news.

The new maps look cool I guess.

Joke's aside though I didn't really pay much attention to the trailer. Usually when screencaps or videos of tbr maps get posted I get excited, give it a quick lookover and then wait for release so I can explore it myself and decide if I like it then rather than before. It just kinda makes the wait harder you know?

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
seems someone beat me to it. alright. but i'll link the research lab one just in case.

so yeah. update inbound soon. i'd say next week. everyone get on top of Nikki watch, cause the hype train is warming up. not aas fast as the last 5 or 6 trips, but its still rolling!

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Good thing I stopped caring about Octolings. I can't wait to dance! And the new stages looks fun!

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
Good thing I stopped caring about Octolings. I can't wait to dance! And the new stages looks fun!
i understand, noire. but please carry the voluptuous octo love in your heart. we never know what may come.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
i understand, noire. but please carry the voluptuous octo love in your heart. we never know what may come.
At this point, I'll stick with the OCTO lore of being part the observers but I'll be the Inkling among the rest. Someone needs to show you rowdy Octarian folk how business is done around Inkopolis. :P

But I want Octolings for you guys but not for me. I like my Inkling too much to possibly change at this point. But I'm still rooting for all of you guys.

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/12/1...tinue-till-january-but-no-plans-for-paid-dlc/

Looks like playable Octolings aren't gonna be a thing then. Good to know they're dropping support for it already.
Who said the Octolings have to be paid DLC? There's no way they took any more effort than even a map does, and when everything is out, we will have gotten eleven free maps, so I really don't think they would be paid. I'd be willing to pay for them if they were though, lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom