Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Yep. You know what would be nice? Snowy Inkopolis. It probably won't happen, tho :p (I don't remember if I told you but I like your profile pic)
Snowy Inkopolis would be neat! Or at the very least, something to show that it's winter.

Thank you, I love my profile pic too. Too cute! :3

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
But wouldn't the Inklings themselves start freezing up?

*shudders* Poor children!
Um…I dunno? I'm sure some brand has some good protection for them if they do. And I kinda doubt they have snow boots for no reason.
But we're getting off track.
Merry Squidmas! Can there be some Octolings underneath our trees?

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Note how, despite the Octobrush being released on 7/16, they still have not released it's nouavou version. Meanwhile, every other weapon except the Hydra Splatling and Sloshing Machine has received an alternative loadout. Even the recently released Rapid Blaster Pro is getting it's second version released.

What I'm saying is: Nintendo probally has a reason. With the fact that the Octobrush Nouavou is the only Octoling/Octarian related weapon left, they might be saving it for some big octoling release.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Note how, despite the Octobrush being released on 7/16, they still have not released it's nouavou version. Meanwhile, every other weapon except the Hydra Splatling and Sloshing Machine has received an alternative loadout. Even the recently released Rapid Blaster Pro is getting it's second version released.

What I'm saying is: Nintendo probally has a reason. With the fact that the Octobrush Nouavou is the only Octoling/Octarian related weapon left, they might be saving it for some big octoling release.
*Nouveau
Alright, typos aside, that sounds plausible. But it's a theory. A Game-

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
Um…I dunno? I'm sure some brand has some good protection for them if they do. And I kinda doubt they have snow boots for no reason.
But we're getting off track.
Merry Squidmas! Can there be some Octolings underneath our trees?
Merry Squidmas!!

That is actually a very good point. I'm imagining the giant ponchos they must wear in a rain storm....

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
You're stretching a bit here. I mean, there is a chance that's the case, but I'm willing to bet it isn't. I think they've just sort of, well, forgotten. If any weapon were to be released, it'd be the Octoshot deco/D/Custom or something. I mean they have different subs in the story mode (they have Splat Bombs). I'm just saying you may be stretching a little with that one. You may be correct and it may turn out that's the case, I just don't think that's too likely. It's beginning to seem more and more like they've just forgotten about it and it'll turn up here soon.

fakecake

Inkster Jr.
Quick update, just to let you know: In 2.4.0, character id 2(octoling) is not a usable option anymore. That's bad, but there are more things you might find interesting, but I don't want to spoil anyone yet ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

EDIT: Oh, sorry, that's not true. I just needed to do a reboot. I don't know why, but my setup isn't exactly... stable, I guess. Well, that's something to remember in the future.

Last edited:

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
So, would that mean the ID change method had some coding changes since it was initially introduced?

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
guess the coding changed again
we know it was moved before because of that hacker incident
but either it moved again or the move was just discovered by them even though it's been around a while

fakecake

Inkster Jr.
So, would that mean the ID change method had some coding changes since it was initially introduced?
Well, actually, there were things added again(not completely octoling related). But they're not implemented correctly yet, and it would take to much work to "fix" them, at least for me. I think I'll just leave it to Nintendo. Also, Quarry and Office now have Fieldmodels, maybe I'll do a quick video later.

The_Devious

Inkster Jr.
NNID
The_Devious97
*chants* Octolings! Octolings! Octolings! Octolings!
(I know it's off topic, but did you hear about the EU splatfest? It isn't too bad seeing what EU had before.)
HYPE. the eu splatfest actually makes sense this time. any idea when it is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom