• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

RedML51

Senior Squid
NNID
RedML51
According to Nintendo of Europe's tweet, the 9th European Splatfest, Fit vs. Rich, will begin on Friday, January 1 at 7:00 PM Central European Time, and then, as usual, last for 24 hours until the same time on Saturday.

Jeane JWE

Inkster Jr.
NNID
likeisuzaku
Hell, call it morbid curiosity, is there any actual legitimate reason to think Octolings will be playable right now, or is this all just vague hope?

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
Welp we just got a new map early in the week. You know what that means? Ninty is trying to speed up the release of the last bits of content to make space in January. If they had kept going with one weapon/map per week, then the last one would have released on the last Friday of January. But now that Ninty is speeding things along a little, there will be space in January for something a little... different, perhaps :3c

Hell, call it morbid curiosity, is there any actual legitimate reason to think Octolings will be playable right now, or is this all just vague hope?
To quickly outline everything:
-Octoling model separate from the model that the Octolings use in Single Player has been found in the game.
-This model is relatively easy for hackers to access by changing their player characters' gender IDs to 2 (0 is girl, 1 is boy), which suggests that regular players may have the option eventually.
-This model has also been improved/tweaked/changed in nearly every single update to Splatoon, even the updates that didn't add new content.
-Nintendo has teased about the Octolings in several ways, such as a certain "Octostamps" post on the Splatoon US tumblr back in October, and inserting Octoling icons into the SplatNet background for a couple days (which is what got this thread started).
-Recent cryptic tweets by NWPlayer123, who is the hacker responsible for discovering the "playable" Octoling model in the first place.

And probably a bunch of other stuff I'm forgetting. Those are the important ones though, lol

Jeane JWE

Inkster Jr.
NNID
likeisuzaku
-Octoling model separate from the model that the Octolings use in Single Player has been found in the game.
-This model is relatively easy for hackers to access by changing their player characters' gender IDs to 2 (0 is girl, 1 is boy), which suggests that regular players may have the option eventually.
-This model has also been improved/tweaked/changed in nearly every single update to Splatoon, even the updates that didn't add new content.
-Nintendo has teased about the Octolings in several ways, such as a certain "Octostamps" post on the Splatoon US tumblr back in October, and inserting Octoling icons into the SplatNet background for a couple days (which is what got this thread started).
-Recent cryptic tweets by NWPlayer123, who is the hacker responsible for discovering the "playable" Octoling model in the first place.
Isn't all of this super ancient by now? If it hasn't happened already, why would it suddenly now? In particular...

...That was the Squid vs Octopus sushi Splatfest.

And why would this have anything to do with game features? I thought it was already long established that they're just an attention ***** when they started spreading blatant lies, giving anything they seem to be "hinting" at serious consideration seems like a great way to set yourself up for disappointment.

warghoul

Inkling Cadet
Isn't all of this super ancient by now? If it hasn't happened already, why would it suddenly now? In particular...

...That was the Squid vs Octopus sushi Splatfest.

And why would this have anything to do with game features? I thought it was already long established that they're just an attention ***** when they started spreading blatant lies, giving anything they seem to be "hinting" at serious consideration seems like a great way to set yourself up for disappointment.
Why even ask if you already had all the answers?

Jeane JWE

Inkster Jr.
NNID
likeisuzaku
Why even ask if you already had all the answers?
Wasn't sure if I did, hence my wondering if this was all "vague hope". I haven't paid much attention to any of this and was hoping that there'd been some news I missed, but no luck I guess.

That's just this thread in general.
This thread has gone through countless amounts of "it's going to happen this next update" only for nothing to happen. Then they moan about it a little, then get hyped up all over again.
That sounds like a remarkably tortured existence. Fight on, you sad squiddos.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
OK. lemme address something before i disappear for good.

You folks did read the thread title, right? this isn't some magical new place to you folks, who think it's OK to put someone's opinion down because you think you know better than them about something they may be excited for, right? You did decide to back up, and prioritize what, and how you say things to people here before you go about being complete ***** to each other, right? because last i checked, this was a speculation thread to begin with. who said anyone was right, including you? (you being the general negativity of users throughout this community since i last checked)

it's a sad time when jerks need to put people down for speculated material in a video game they enjoy, for no other reason than because they can, and feel their opinion holds more weight than others'. i thought you folks stopped arguing when you made that one person leave, but you just continue, with no other reason than that's all you know. to scream your opinion into a sea of voices who, honestly, don't really care. and to make yourself stand out just a little bit more than the other voices, you crawl into the tiniest recesses you can, like the rats you are, and gnaw away at the less articulate, the passionate or otherwise excited people who do nothing else other than share a neutral opinion about what they feel could happen in their entertainment.

this negativity has gone on far too long. now if you want to keep acting that way, please, don't let me stop you. but keep in mind, you are the voice of the community. if all you do is put people down, gnash teeth at how to play the game "right," or otherwise quarrel over things that should bring joy to people, then you are the one making the community negative.

now if you'll excuse me, I have a game to enjoy. Just lighten up, folks.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Lol, "Just lighten up". The irony is what some like to call. . . real.

In any case, my .96 Gal statement was simply a joke. I'm going to assume you are indirectly speaking to me as I seem to be the only one to comment on here since "that person" left. I stopped commenting because it just became an emotional and semi irrational thread. I was joking dude, "Lighten up".

You have further provided me with more instances. :)

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
That sounds like a remarkably tortured existence. Fight on, you sad squiddos.
I like being excited for stuff. Nothing torturous about hype. You may want to try it sometime.

Anyway, I'm glad I've joined OCTO at Discord to have some fun with Splatoon. If anyone wanted to know where I've been, it's there. Squid Boards has gotten so negative recently, and that negativity poured into this thread.

This is the Octoling HYPE thread, not the "argue about every little thing about Splatoon thread." This was meant to have fun with the game, which Squid Boards seems to hate these days. You won, this happy thread is a cesspool of dumb debates and sarcastic attacks.

And @Of Moose & Men For once in your life, listen to others, and just be kind? Is it that hard? No sarcasm, this is real talk.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
And @Of Moose & Men For once in your life, listen to others, and just be kind? Is it that hard? No sarcasm, this is real talk.
For once in my life?
Lol, the assumption. . . You're right I'm a bitter man, who does nothing but sit behind a computer and make people's lives miserable.

As wrong as that is, I didn't say anything "unkind". I simply said the course of this thread, which is a constant Hype Roller coaster, we all know it's true, and a joke towards the fact they haven't nerfed the .96 Gal. There was nothing aimed at anyone, it wasn't degrading anyone for their opinion on Octolings, there was nothing "unkind" stated.

Weird how someone can come in and call us all scum and rats, yet I'm the bad guy. The bias is cute.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Weird how someone can come in and call us all scum and rats, yet I'm the bad guy. The bias is cute.
After what you did to Noire and Heroine of Squids, calling you scum is just isn't enough. Your own posts condemn you far more than I ever could.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
After what you did to Noire and Heroine of Squids, calling you scum is just isn't enough. Your own posts condemn you far more than I ever could.
Lol, wow. I apologized to Heroine of Squids, regardless, that was in another thread (it wasn't but doesn't change my point). I didn't do a damn thing to Noire. I simply expressed my opinion on the matter. Everyone else attacked me because of it. It's a speculation thread, not a circle jerk.

**** you dude. You don't know me. You're equally an ******* for assuming things about me. I ****ing signed my life away to protect peoples freedoms. I constantly give to the needy. But god forbid I have a differing opinion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom