• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Official Splatoon videos showing high level gameplay (JPN)

get ROWDY

Inkster Jr.
Impatient me has been scouring the internet for new Splatoon content, and so far the best place has been the official Splatoon japanese twitter account (http://twitter.com/splatoonjp)

They have been posting new videos recently, some highlighting new weapons, some old. Regardless, at the end they show a match with the weapon being used by a decently high skilled player. I haven't seen these posted here, so I thought I would post them.

(the videos should auto-start at around 60 seconds in)

Last edited:

MaikoRules

Full Squid
NNID
MaikoRules
Man, that Splat Charger video gives me hope that on other maps it will be a good weapon. I'm hoping the one with the scope will be my main but its cousin was so useless in the last Test Fires

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Very nice, thank you for sharing! :)

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Its nice to see some strategies that other people use, but I agree the Aerospray MG was one of the more interesting ones to watch because of how they used their sub weapon.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
It's a good thing you rounded up all these videos. I especially liked the Charger one, such a great weapon.

Kosaki

Pro Squid
NNID
Kosaki-0
Man, that Splat Charger video gives me hope that on other maps it will be a good weapon. I'm hoping the one with the scope will be my main but its cousin was so useless in the last Test Fires
Sniper classes are never useless in shooter games, as long as they can one shot people.

Gsnap

Full Squid
NNID
FJUrban
Pretty cool use of terrain in the splattershot jr video. They did things I hadn't even though of.

You really gotta think outside the box with this game.

Dubs

Inkster Jr.
NNID
dubspwns
I don't like this being referred to as "high level play". This is standard if anything.
I agree. We're not going to see a developed meta or game play until at least 4 months after release. But this is definitely some of the more exciting game play I've seen!

Flakk

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Magolorthegreat
I thought the Splat Roller would not be able to take advantage of high points but this dude seriously made good use of the tower. I think use of the actual attack over the rolling ability will end up quickly separating good splat rollers from the scrubs

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
The Aerospray video was great. I didn't mind staying on board for that player's perspective for the entire match at all. Definitely made the game very fun to watch and great performance to boot.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I don't like this being referred to as "high level play". This is standard if anything.
The Aerospray MG was pretty impressive with the smart subweapon and super use, though we'd probably have picked up on immediately if it was in the Testfire. The Charger video, well, it made it look a bit less bad than anything I saw in the Testfire, maybe this thing has some redeeming qualities after all, though it still doesn't look great IMO.

The Roller video though, wow. It's as far removed from all the ****ty W+M1 Testfire scrubs as possible. I thought Roller was terrible at first with its glaring weaknesses, and couldn't really see what it's good for that a Splatdashing Splattershot can't do better, until that video made me a believer. It actually shows a support weapon being used in a support role!

Splattershot Jr. on the other hand seemed pretty meh, didn't take advantage of its amazing mobility and wasted too much time trying to fill the tiniest little patches behind her instead of prioritizing larger areas in front of her, though I did like that she called her teammates over for a Bubble. And the standard Splattershot was just embarassing when she stood there trying to shoot a Bubbled foe, wtf?

get ROWDY

Inkster Jr.
And the standard Splattershot was just embarassing when she stood there trying to shoot a Bubbled foe, wtf?
Actually it wasn't. We're talking about the part at 1:20 right? At that moment, she had little to no paint around her on the floor, making a squid escape impossible. The floor around her was either the opponents paint, or there was no paint (but it was in a corner).

She had zero escape. She couldn't run/jump out of it, and she couldn't squid out of it. Her opponent painted to her left, which zoned her into the corner.

I am not sure about the bubble mechanic, but I thought if you fire at it, it would go away quicker. If that isn't the case, firing at the bubble at least pushes them back physically, making it harder for them to run at you.

This was literally her best option. She could either stand there and get killed, or try to do something about the situation. What was she supposed to do, not fire at them?

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Even if you can't squid, it'd be better to at least try to run on foot than just stand there and commit suicide.

Or, y'know, you're a Splattershot. You can Splatdash or Splatterhop out even if ink isn't already there.

Or better still, Super Jump. They literally gave you a one-click getaway button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom