Official Splatoon videos showing high level gameplay (JPN)

get ROWDY

Inkster Jr.
Even if you can't squid, it'd be better to at least try to run on foot than just stand there and commit suicide.

Or, y'know, you're a Splattershot. You can Splatdash or Splatterhop out even if ink isn't already there.

Or better still, Super Jump. They literally gave you a one-click getaway button.
All those options leave her extremely vulnerable, they were already aiming and firing at her. Yeah she could have tried to get away, with the 95% she's going to be fired at the whole time and likely die. Any escape by her would have been free damage from the other team, resulting in her death.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
You guys are gonna be blown away and call it play of the year when rollers start putting down sprinklers and super jumping away to teammates.

MINUS

The Once and Future King
NNID
TRUEB7UE
Even if you can't squid, it'd be better to at least try to run on foot than just stand there and commit suicide.

Or, y'know, you're a Splattershot. You can Splatdash or Splatterhop out even if ink isn't already there.

Or better still, Super Jump. They literally gave you a one-click getaway button.
Honestly, the biggest mistake was cornering herself like that. She had a charge shot behind her to the left on an advantageous point (which it was smart to avoid by by and a roller + splattershot jr combo coming down the ramp, once the roller started flinging there wasn't much else she could have done. The one thing we aren't sure of yet is the bubble shield, does it have HP or is it a timed invincibility state? Knowing which would indicate if making a last stand would be worth it or not. Only time will tell...

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
Honestly, the biggest mistake was cornering herself like that. She had a charge shot behind her to the left on an advantageous point (which it was smart to avoid by by and a roller + splattershot jr combo coming down the ramp, once the roller started flinging there wasn't much else she could have done. The one thing we aren't sure of yet is the bubble shield, does it have HP or is it a timed invincibility state? Knowing which would indicate if making a last stand would be worth it or not. Only time will tell...
I'd assume that its time-based. I haven't seen any footage yet that implies it has any sort of health gauge.

MINUS

The Once and Future King
NNID
TRUEB7UE
I'd assume that its time-based. I haven't seen any footage yet that implies it has any sort of health gauge.
For now I'm assuming the same, however hidden HP values could very well exist and may effect the rate of bubble decay.

TheRapture

Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
For now I'm assuming the same, however hidden HP values could very well exist and may effect the rate of bubble decay.
Very true. Though I feel like a timer and hidden HP would make the bubble shield too weak to be viable.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
You gotta give some praise to that roller user considering every roller user in the demo so easy to kill
The player is either a member of the staff, or he's a QA tester. He's had dozens if not hundreds of hours put into the game. You're comparing them to people who played less than 3 (most playing less than 1).

TheRapture

Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
The player is either a member of the staff, or he's a QA tester. He's had dozens if not hundreds of hours put into the game. You're comparing them to people who played less than 3 (most playing less than 1).
Just because you have dozens or hundreds of hours into a game doesn't mean you'll necessarily be good. I know people that have been playing Smash for over half a decade and still struggle with basic stuff.

Mayday

Row, Row, Fight the Power!
NNID
MaydayBelieves
Just because you have dozens or hundreds of hours into a game doesn't mean you'll necessarily be good. I know people that have been playing Smash for over half a decade and still struggle with basic stuff.
Can confirm. Have played Smash since 2009. Above average, but no where near as good as I should be after 6 years.

After watching some of these videos, I realized I don't play this game like most do lol

TheRapture

Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
Can confirm. Have played Smash since 2009. Above average, but no where near as good as I should be after 6 years.

After watching some of these videos, I realized I don't play this game like most do lol
I really wanna see how you play since you seem to have this diverse approach to arena TPS.

Ink_Shem

Inkling
NNID
shemswag47
Thanks alot for these videos! I'm really interested in the AeroSpray MG and Charger weapons. At first, using Charger weapons in the demo was very bad since we only got an hour to play the game so I hope that I'll be able to perfect my skills when I get the full copy. LOVE THE SPLAT ROLLER AS WELL!

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
If you had to create video to advertise your game, would you use footage from an average QA player or from the one that has a good handle on the game? As seen in the charger footage, the entire other team huddled together in the middle of the map. At one point 2 were standing in a row as he was shooting at them over and over.

Would you consider the best player on your block (but gets 2/4 stocked in tournament play) high level gameplay?

It's too early to assume that this is high level play and not more normal, as the game isn't released yet. We've seen Andre do well in preview footage on gamexplain, but he was also above average when he recorded MK8 footage compared to everyone else last year. At the end of the day, he was far far away from high level play that developed in the few months after release.

TheRapture

Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
If you had to create video to advertise your game, would you use footage from an average QA player or from the one that has a good handle on the game? As seen in the charger footage, the entire other team huddled together in the middle of the map. At one point 2 were standing in a row as he was shooting at them over and over.

Would you consider the best player on your block (but gets 2/4 stocked in tournament play) high level gameplay?

It's too early to assume that this is high level play and not more normal, as the game isn't released yet. We've seen Andre do well in preview footage on gamexplain, but he was also above average when he recorded MK8 footage compared to everyone else last year. At the end of the day, he was far far away from high level play that developed in the few months after release.
Oh I'm not arguing with any of this. Obviously what is perceived as high level play won't be high level play in the future. Though that doesn't mean it doesn't make the current high level play high level. It's just not evolved yet.

I was just making a point about hours put into a game.

luigisly

Full Squid
Random little takeaway from the splat roller video that I was curious about: bomb-like objects that are thrown before time runs out but explode after time runs out do count for coverage. Definitely could see that area covered in the end screen.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Random little takeaway from the splat roller video that I was curious about: bomb-like objects that are thrown before time runs out but explode after time runs out do count for coverage. Definitely could see that area covered in the end screen.
Yeah I noticed this as well. Great thing to commit to memory.

Mayday

Row, Row, Fight the Power!
NNID
MaydayBelieves
I really wanna see how you play since you seem to have this diverse approach to arena TPS.
I play a little more aggressively. Heavy focus on slaying and rotation after establishing map control. I watch the map a lot and rotate over to assist teammates. Kind of Halo-esque I guess

TheRapture

Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
I play a little more aggressively. Heavy focus on slaying and rotation after establishing map control. I watch the map a lot and rotate over to assist teammates. Kind of Halo-esque I guess
Hmmm, I guess I just have to see how you play then, since that's how I've been seeing myself and many others play as well.

get ROWDY

Inkster Jr.
This is what I'm thinking. Even if it's minor (10%), it means firing at someone bubbled is viable, since you can make it disappear sooner. We just can't test it unfortunately. I'll assume it's only a timer right now, but I'm not writing off it has some mechanic related to receiving damage while bubbled. You can keep them pushed back physically, so there's at least that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom