• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 On Clam Blitz, Futility, and Demoralization

LiX

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8003-1880-5821
Yeah, comebacks like that can happen in any mode of course but I'd still say it happens the most in CB because of specials like bubble blower and baller aswell as superjumps.
Is there any proof for that notion? Because quite frankly, I do not feel that CB games have an unexceptional high likeliness of being turned around. Maybe it happens to you because you feel that way, expect it and thus are more likely to slip and allow the enemy to actually execute it.
A decent enemy team can lock you out for minutes after scoring a sufficient lead theirself. Especially seeing how ball carriers are just gitant shiny targets that you can see all across the map...

And regarding specials: I do remember when everyone was complaining about ballers being op in Zones cause they were being played a lot for a while. Bubbles and Ballers are just decent specials over all. For any mode. Bubbles can take zones, serve as cover for the RM or a ball carrier in CB. You can hide beneath them on the tower etc. etc.

As for RM being the easiest to push...maaaybe but it takes alot of work to get a good push in RM
No it doesn't. It does not take an exceptional amount of work to sufficiently push in Rainmaker. In RM, the RM carrier has an outstanding weapon at his disposal. A good RM carrier can be really bad news. In CB, you are tied to your original weapon while you're shiny as heck all across the stage. Then, if you managed to wipe out the enemy, you'll still have to stand there and keep a stream of clams coming while being extremely vulnerable, as throwing requires you to come out of squid form close enough to the basket. All that takes so much time, that a wipe most of the time is not enough to score a KO, whereas in RM, everyone just speed toward the vulcano while the enemy is respawning.

funnily enough I did quads just recently and we won against what was probably one of the top 5 teams at the time(2260) by pushing it to 15 and then denying them the RM.
And you are telling me this why?
As I said, if a proper defense is up, the enemy can be locked out. On any mode. Chances are if you defended heavily enough to not let the Rainmaker in, you would have likely not let a ball pass.

Jagginator

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6478-7859-9273
Is there any proof for that notion? Because quite frankly, I do not feel that CB games have an unexceptional high likeliness of being turned around. Maybe it happens to you because you feel that way, expect it and thus are more likely to slip and allow the enemy to actually execute it.
A decent enemy team can lock you out for minutes after scoring a sufficient lead theirself. Especially seeing how ball carriers are just gitant shiny targets that you can see all across the map...

And regarding specials: I do remember when everyone was complaining about ballers being op in Zones cause they were being played a lot for a while. Bubbles and Ballers are just decent specials over all. For any mode. Bubbles can take zones, serve as cover for the RM or a ball carrier in CB. You can hide beneath them on the tower etc. etc.
Nah, my win rate is still pretty decent. What I mean is that all it takes to turn a match around is one guy without a powerclam to sneak past all enemies and then the rest of the team jumping to them, score and use their specials to basically get more clams in regardless of what the other team might be doing.

No it doesn't. It does not take an exceptional amount of work to sufficiently push in Rainmaker. In RM, the RM carrier has an outstanding weapon at his disposal. A good RM carrier can be really bad news. In CB, you are tied to your original weapon while you're shiny as heck all across the stage. Then, if you managed to wipe out the enemy, you'll still have to stand there and keep a stream of clams coming while being extremely vulnerable, as throwing requires you to come out of squid form close enough to the basket. All that takes so much time, that a wipe most of the time is not enough to score a KO, whereas in RM, everyone just speed toward the vulcano while the enemy is respawning.
As somebody who is quite good at playing RM... nope all it takes is somebody cutting you off or waiting for you in the right place at the right time if you are soloing it, which you probably shouldn't do anyways but even if you have your team around, they can just play it safe and wait for the right moment to take you out.

And you are telling me this why?
As I said, if a proper defense is up, the enemy can be locked out. On any mode. Chances are if you defended heavily enough to not let the Rainmaker in, you would have likely not let a ball pass.
It was meant to be sort of a example of a team that is too desperate to push the RM against people who can just deny it every time because they know their plan, also, you know me, I like to brag :p

Jagginator

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6478-7859-9273
I think this sums up all you just said quite well.
That didn't really add anything to the convo, wasn't really an argument and felt slightly insulting, unless it was meant as a joke, in which case...I don't get it.

Gekko

Inkster Jr.
Playing with a good team has made me like and appreciate CB a lot more than I used to. The only thing that differentiates it from the other modes is that there can be multiple objectives at the same time and if those aren't kept on check, then obviously that is a problem.

But then again, that can be said about all modes - if you don't take care of defense, if you don't ink the corridors, check the map if there's enemy ink in places where there shouldn't be and whether someone is trying to sneak in, then you will lose. That's the basics of the game: awareness. If you have a 60 pt lead and you end up losing it, then it means that either you or someone in your team was running around trying to get kills, wondering too far from your team mates and/or the objective, that's an opportunity for the enemy - instead of letting the enemy make the mistakes. Except in the case they manage to wipe you but even that shouldn't really happen if people stick together.

Personally I think comebacks SEEM to come more often than in other modes because it is more spectacular and faster. You literally see 20 pts (or more) vanishing from the score whereas in other modes comebacks happen much more slowly. In other modes you can literally see when the comeback is happening but not necessarily in CB with someone jumping in and scoring.

Doesn't mean it happens more often tho. I'm not saying it doesn't, I just don't have any factual proof that it is so.

LiX

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8003-1880-5821
That didn't really add anything to the convo, wasn't really an argument and felt slightly insulting, unless it was meant as a joke, in which case...I don't get it.
Believe it or not, it does not feel useful to get a post in reply that consists 50% of bragging. Besides, no new arguments were made.

My locking out point still stands. I am aware that in CB, there is the specialty of the enemy superjumping in and scoring. But that's not a new secret strategy, but well known. A good team will notice the sneaker and take them out. It's really part of the map control which you need in any mode.

Your RM argument does not make any sense. It seemed to me like you only wanted to drop the statement that you are a good RM player, hence my sarcastic reply. There's no general "all it takes is..." strategy in Splatoon 2. Battles are situational and largely skill depending. A good team will break the defence of a mediocre team very likely, no matter how many people "wait for the right moment to take the RM out". A good slayer will come, contest them and force them to leave their beneficial defending position from which they were planning to assasinate the RM-carrier.
And because of this basic rule: More skilled is statistically very likely to defeat less skilled, I still stand by my point that is it not exceptionally tedious to push in RM.

----------

Playing with a good team has made me like and appreciate CB a lot more than I used to. The only thing that differentiates it from the other modes is that there can be multiple objectives at the same time and if those aren't kept on check, then obviously that is a problem.
Fair point. Multiple objectives tend to put more pressure on the enemy. But I think that's a key fact of CB. Good teams can withstand the worrying sight of three balls rolling at them from different angels.

Personally I think comebacks SEEM to come more often than in other modes because it is more spectacular and faster. You literally see 20 pts (or more) vanishing from the score whereas in other modes comebacks happen much more slowly. In other modes you can literally see when the comeback is happening but not necessarily in CB with someone jumping in and scoring.
I definitely agree that comebacks in CB seem more scary because you have this impulse of "Dang, our basket just broke". It comes more suddenly and can throw you off when it was unexpected. And here I agree again with you: When it was unexpected, you likely made a missplay.

Overall, I feel RM is more fast paced. Because pushes center on one guy and when he is enabled to go fast and is not stopped, then games can be over in 40 seconds. CB games usually last long. Probably also a reason why people feel comebacks happen more often...

Jagginator

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6478-7859-9273
Believe it or not, it does not feel useful to get a post in reply that consists 50% of bragging. Besides, no new arguments were made.

My locking out point still stands. I am aware that in CB, there is the specialty of the enemy superjumping in and scoring. But that's not a new secret strategy, but well known. A good team will notice the sneaker and take them out. It's really part of the map control which you need in any mode.

Your RM argument does not make any sense. It seemed to me like you only wanted to drop the statement that you are a good RM player, hence my sarcastic reply. There's no general "all it takes is..." strategy in Splatoon 2. Battles are situational and largely skill depending. A good team will break the defence of a mediocre team very likely, no matter how many people "wait for the right moment to take the RM out". A good slayer will come, contest them and force them to leave their beneficial defending position from which they were planning to assasinate the RM-carrier.
And because of this basic rule: More skilled is statistically very likely to defeat less skilled, I still stand by my point that is it not exceptionally tedious to push in RM.
The bragging thing was meant as more of an inside joke because we know each other, I didn't intend to brag in any of the replies I made but noticed it might sound like it. I still stand by most of my arguments because those are just my opinions, feel free to take them with a grain of salt tho.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
dude i can relate to you,i used to be neutral about CB but after the past few weeks this mode makes me want to smash things,i can get mad at times with losing streaks and i might hate on modes but i never hated them,it was just me taking it out on something,but then CB happend at some point and i really can't stand it anymore -.- everytime the enemy wins at the last 30-10 frigging seconds when they all of a sudden get the lead or my team just get destroyed the whole match,i mean really this unfairness rubs me just so wrong the way,when it finally goes well,just for those last 30 seconds it's like the enemies git gud so to say..i swear it happens all the time lately T~T

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I swear I posted in this thread, where did my words of wisdom go?

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It was a long friggin' post and I'm almost certain it got at least one direct reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom