• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Painting The Walls

SockHead

Inkling
NNID
GyaradosBlood
I feel like I'm the only one who goes out of my way to slap a coat on any empty wall I see. I believe my W/L is definitely over 50% so I feel I'm doing something right..

Alus

Senior Squid
NNID
starsauce
Pretty much, walls don't count.

You can open up some possibilities with walls but not every wall is worth your time.

wingedarcher7

Inkling
NNID
speedstar623
It's a nice way to get around and trick your opponents, but that's about it. Walls don't contribute to the score at the end of the game.

Alus

Senior Squid
NNID
starsauce
Any 90 degree wall will for sure not count.

There are curved surfaces that are worth very little (like in the skatepark), but near the top the score is reduced to nothing.

CoopLan

Squid Streamer
NNID
LanceHS
The walls are only important for movement options. As others have said, the only map that really gives you some leeway on curved surfaces is skate park and mall (but less so on mall)

Rhode

$("div.content::dd").hide();
NNID
ricobullet
Walls are important on almost every course, because it allows you to climb them in squid form. However, only ground you can walk on is considered towards the score for Turf Wars.

SockHead

Inkling
NNID
GyaradosBlood
True that.. I coulda sworn I saw my points go up while shooting at walls. Ah well, this is valuable info haha thanks

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Even if they don't count, I always make sure to paint the walls in certain spots to make the opponent's life harder.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I usually only paint walls if I need to climb them. I didn't know that covering enemy ink on walls gave you points though.

Jiggly

Senior Squid
NNID
Jiggly101
Whenever I'm in the big box in saltspray rig, or am in the center of walleye warehouse, I always shoot the walls before inking in case if I am approached. Being able to jump and run away, and be higher than the opponent is always a great advantage, and wins me many games.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Walls do not count for the game, so unless you can climb up it to get to a higher point that does absolutely nothing. Sorry! :confused:

K7Sniper

Pro Squid
NNID
K7Sniper
Any 90 degree wall will for sure not count.

There are curved surfaces that are worth very little (like in the skatepark), but near the top the score is reduced to nothing.
They count up to the bar at the top of them. Just remember that the score is tallied by the overhead view. If something is straight down, that is nothing, but curved walls and ramps are always worth something.

Ace.

Inkling
NNID
TheRealAcem8
anything which is seen from a birds eye view counts

CodyMKW

Pro Squid
NNID
CodyMKW
Switch Friend Code
SW-2549-4631-6600
Walls may not count towards your score but it does fill your special meter up slowly

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom