• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

People not knowing different modes

Sly Fox

Inkling
So this really frustrates me.
When you play a mode like Splat Zones or tower control and people don't know what to do and think its Turf Wars so just cover the ground in ink. I think the main issue is that the game really doesn't tell you what to do other than just tell you the title of the mode, which doesn't help.
Sure, with Rainmaker it says "Move the rainmaker", but it doesn't say WHERE to move it. Same with splat zones. It says capture the zones, but what happens when you capture the zone? how do u capture the zone? is it first to 0 points wins or loses?

J

Jimmys1000

Yeah, some people just don’t bother to read the rules... However you CAN see the rules by pressing the minus button. One guy thought he should move the rainmaker to his own spawn, setting up their team to be KO’d. What is more surprising is that this happened in A- not C-. How did the guy even make it all the way there?

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
When you play a mode like Splat Zones or tower control and people don't know what to do and think its Turf Wars so just cover the ground in ink.
They are probably trying to build up their special. Anyone who got past C rank isn't going to be dumb enough to not know how the game mode works. However, it is often annoying and not beneficial just how much some people will do this instead of trying to push the objective.

Keee

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0554-9715-4212
When I play comp I spread some ink around a bit for a couple of reasons - either to build special for control of the objective or to set up key pathways me or my team would benefit from having already been inked later on.

The rules are slightly obscured with no real "tutorial" where turf wars is about as self-explanatory as it gets - goop everything. Like others have said though if they're above C rank (or even if they are) they probably know what they're doing unless they're seemingly oblivious to or just completely ignoring the objective.

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
Sometimes I do dumb things because I get turned around in the map or am used to playing a different mode. The latter happens a lot in Rainmaker because there’s nothing obviously different about the map to make me notice until I get to the middle.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
actually covering the ground in ink is not such a bad thing..i discovered that the more room you have to swim/flee the more chance you have to stay alive or inking over the enemy color so they got less room to move is not a bad thing either,but then you still got the difference of covering the right spots or covering random spots far in a corner because you don't know what to do >~> besides if you need your special real bad i would cover ground until i can use it -w-

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
actually covering the ground in ink is not such a bad thing..i discovered that the more room you have to swim/flee the more chance you have to stay alive or inking over the enemy color so they got less room to move is not a bad thing either,but then you still got the difference of covering the right spots or covering random spots far in a corner because you don't know what to do >~> besides if you need your special real bad i would cover ground until i can use it -w-
But covering the ground to the exclusion of the objective is pretty bad. Turfing should just be a means to an end, not an end unto itself.

Edit: I just read it properly. So basically I agree with you.

Merch_Andise

Inkster Jr.
NNID
solarOddity
Switch Friend Code
SW-1239-4877-3880
I've only really ever had one teammate be in that instance of the Classic™ mistaking-rainmaker-for-capture-the-flag

Also i've had some teammates that only covered turf, and did nothing else. Like yeah, map control is important, but they literally have a power clam and there is nothing between them and the goal dog.

Emperor

twitter.com/Former_Eminence
Gotta love the ones that ink the walls. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom