Personality Test

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Oh, I love Myers-Briggs. I tend to fluctuate between a couple of results so I'll finish this post after taking it again...

This time, I've landed at INFP(T), Mediator: 79% Introverted, 69% iNtuitive, 61% Feeling, 53% Prospecting, 68% Turbulent.

It's always great to read the analysis for this and fascinating as to how close some of it seems to land. As my low P result would indicate, I not infrequently receive INFJ instead, and have, in the past, had all four IN variants; INTP(T), Logician, used to be common, but I think I've become friendlier since then.

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
Here's my lame results:
INTP-T
Mind: Extraverted 0%, Introverted 100%
Energy: Intuitive 65%, Observant 35%
Nature: Thinking 62%, Feeling 38%
Tactics: Judging 47%, Prospecting 53%
Identity: Assertive 30%, Turbulent 70%

Clearly I am not extraverted... at all.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Clearly I am not extraverted... at all.
That reminds me of an issue I've had with tests like these. Certain personalities are going to be much less inclined toward decisiveness and extremes, meaning that they pick total (dis)agreement on few, if any, questions, which limits how accurately they can be compared to others within their personality type. Or did you get that result without picking the extreme choice on numerous answers? If so, they probably account for that.

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
I pretty much picked the extreme choice on any question that involved anything social, because that truly is me. I know I can't be 100%, but I'm definitely somewhere high up there.

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
ISFP-T:
Extroverted 24% 76% Introverted
Intuitive 28% 72% Observant
Thinking 43% 57% Feeling
Judging 42% 58% Prospecting
Assertive 26% 74% Turbulent

I don't really understand personality tests though. Besides the introverted part I don't really identify with any of the other stuff because the way it's described doesn't sound like me at all.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I don't really understand personality tests though. Besides the introverted part I don't really identify with any of the other stuff because the way it's described doesn't sound like me at all.
Based on your percentages, you could try reading the ISFJ, ISTP and ISTJ introductions and see if those are more fitting - you're close to even on two parameters.

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
Based on your percentages, you could try reading the ISFJ, ISTP and ISTJ introductions and see if those are more fitting - you're close to even on two parameters.
I suppose. I just think it's funny when it says stuff like "you're an adventurous artist" and I'm like "nooo no." I can't draw or do art stuff to save my life.

Alpha359

Full Squid
NNID
voyagersonic
Yeah, the descriptions for the personalities types obviously aren't perfect. Like for me, I honestly think that my 'T' score should be virtually equal to my 'F', as when I read the description of the Feelings and compare it with the Thinking trait, I can honestly identify with both. Nevertheless I still find it very interesting to read about the 16 different personalities. Obviously there are different versions of the same personality though, as each one of us is unique.

Last edited:

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well, I have a little bit of time to kill. I'll give it a go.
*8 minutes later*

Right, these are the results:

Personality Type: VIRTUOSO (ISTP-T)
-Mind: 21% Extroverted, 79% Introverted
-Energy: 44% Intuitive, 56% Observant
-Nature: 57% Thinking, 43% Feeling
-Tactics: 34% Judging, 66% Prospecting
-Identity: 20% Assertive, 80% Turbulent.

...while those are fairly apt descriptions of how my mind works, I don't fully agree with the description of the resulting personality type. Like, I am certainly not much of a risk-taker, nor am I big on abstract thinking, and I certainly wouldn't jump into a relationship just for some cheap action. So I can't help but wonder if maybe I've been misplaced by whatever formula comes up with these feel-good profiles.

Alpha359

Full Squid
NNID
voyagersonic
Yeah, I think the test works really well for some people but for other people it doesn't seem to provide accurate results for other people.

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
Hmm… I'll give it a shot. *takes test*

“The Campaigner” (ENFP-T)
  • 64% Extraverted
  • 61% Intuitive
  • 74% Feeling
  • 52% Prospecting
  • 71% Turbulent
Woah… Reading though the descriptions… that's so… me. I'm surprised that I got such accuracy with (what is in my opinion) such a short test. o_O

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
So... after spending 7 minutes clicking circles I got this...
The Campainger... (Wait, me too?) ENFP-A
61% Extraverted
77% Intuitive
76% Feeling
71% Prospecting
64% Assertive

...Hehe, the conclusion for this type says it all.
What you have read so far is just an introduction into the complex concept that is the ENFP personality type. You may have muttered to yourself, "wow, this is so accurate it's a little creepy" or "finally, someone understands me!"

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Adventurer (ISFP-T)

Mind: 58% Introverted
Energy: 55% Observant
Nature: 54% Feeling
Tactics: 75% Prospecting(Whoa thats a lot)
Identity: 61% Turbulent

WHat is turbulent (I know what it means but what)

I know I'm mostly introverted and observant. (I do feel like I think a bit more than feel, but that's obviously not what the test says XD)

Extreme Sports
What extreme sports (Although I would definitely go kart or indoor skydive)

Blah blah blah, something about sensitive feelings, being terrible of planning for the future (true)…I AM CHARMING AND PASSIONATE XD (It also said something about being overly competitive…which may or may not be true)

Last edited:

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
PLEASE SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHAT EVERYTHING means Thankyou
View attachment 3214
There's a button to go to the introduction of that personality :P
THe first one means that you love being around people, the second means that do things instead of just observing(?), you let your feelings influence your decisions instead of logic, and I'm not sure about the last two.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
“The Protagonist” (ENFJ-T)

53% extraverted
56% intuitive
63% feeling
73% judging
56% turbulent

Huh. Guess I've become more outgoing than I thought in recent years.

pixelizedchell

Inkling
My full profile is here.
I took the test a while ago so I don't know where to find the medium-sized image with the statistics that some other people in the thread have found, but I took a screenshot of the small version.
PLEASE SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHAT EVERYTHING means Thankyou
Just-graduated Psychology student to the rescue! 16 Personalities explains things quite thoroughly (though maybe too thoroughly and therefore overwhelming) so I'll link to their explanations as well as try to explain things concisely.

In case you didn't see it on the website, the very long explanation from 16 Personalities itself is here and describes things very in-depth. There are pages detailing more information about each four-letter code here. There are also explanations on the official Myers-Briggs website here.

What I was taught was somewhat different than what is on the website, mostly in the fact that the labels for the letter are somewhat different, and I was not taught about a fifth letter. The fifth letter seems to be either quite new, just a part of 16 Personalities itself or something I just haven't been taught in my classes but I'll try to explain based on the website's information.
  • The title (Eg. "The Campaigner" for you) is just a way to label that specific personality type in a more understandable way than a combination of letters. In mine, I am "The Mediator".
The Letters:
  • Extraversion versus Introversion
    • Extraversion indicates that one gets energized by outside stimuli, including other people.
    • Introversion indicates that one gets energized by being away from outside stimuli, including other people.
    • You scored a bit higher on Extraversion, so the first bullet point applies more to you.
  • Intuition versus Observation (also known as Sensing)
    • Intuition indicates that one gathers information by interpreting additional meaning, looking at patterns, and using one's imagination.
    • Observation/Sensing indicates that one gathers information just by looking at the facts and any stimuli that is already there.
    • You scored a bit higher on Intuition, so the first bullet point applies more to you.
  • Thinking versus Feeling
    • Thinking indicates that one makes decisions based on logic.
    • Feeling indicates that one makes decisions based on values/emotion.
    • You scored higher on Feeling, so the second bullet point applies to you.
  • Judging versus Prospecting (Also known as Perceiving)
    • Judging indicates that one prefers to do things based on plans and structure.
    • Prospecting/Perceiving indicates that one is more flexible and adaptable.
    • You scored higher on Prospecting/Perceiving, so the second bullet point applies to you.
Note that again, I haven't learned the next part in class and I'm basing this on the information from 16 Personalities. With that in mind...
  • Assertive versus Turbulent
    • Assertive people are more confident and resistant to stress.
    • Turbulent people are less confident and tend to not deal well with stress.
    • You scored higher on Turbulence so the second bullet point applies more to you.
The whole "Type Group" thing is completely new to me but is explained very well on the page I linked with information from 16 Personalities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom