Pets in splatoon

Nerpna

Inkling
NNID
Pezbot69
I dont have any ideas of what they'll do but wouldnt it be cool? You could buy clothes for it and maybe other people could interact with it Tell me your ideas.2

Jet Uppercut

Senior Squid
Well according to the Sunken Scrolls, most of the planet is underwater. The only domesticated animal that's confirmed to have survived is Judd, because he was stuck in a Cryogenic Time Capsule for 10,000 years. So as far as pets go, your options are going to be zapfish or sea snails. Unless someone finds a Juddette so there can be kittens.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
I think as long as it's just a cosmetic touch that has no impact on gameplay and doesn't have much to it, there will be the least amount of complaints from both sides. Of course, I'm thinking along the lines of, "You get a pet, it follows you around and appears with you in other people's plazas, but that's it. You can't interact with them or dress them up."

I'm not against the idea of pet interaction or dressing (as long as it doesn't go to virtual pet levels), but considering Splatoon, with a side interest in customization, is focused to be a shooter, spending so much development time on more pet functions beyond my thought on the idea would not only take plenty of time away from the game's focuses on battles and customization, but would also bring up complaints from those not as much into the idea of pets, including not only people who understandably don't want to see so much development time put into something so minor, but also the unjustly stubborn people who will complain, "Splatoon is a shooter, nothing else, more customization in any way sux, go play Sims dummy." I hate such people too, but spending too much time on this wouldn't make many people happy.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I don't know. The Inklings are animal thingies and animals having animal pets always weirds me out.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It would be weird to have some kind of companion critter. It'd be funny if you had a nonsapient of a similar species to the Booyah Base crew, and they comment on it.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
It sounds like a neat idea, but at the same time I feel like it'd be useless. It would be cute to have a little Zapfish or something following me around Booyah Base though lol.

DavAndrus

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Dorkdav
It would be a cool idea. Like have a jelly fish pal that you can dress up with stuff you're not wearing. He can quote you're old in-game Miiverse posts in an attempt to be like you.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
I don't know. The Inklings are animal thingies and animals having animal pets always weirds me out.
An animal is a creature that is not as intelligent to the point of civilization. But the squids in this world have evolved to that level, so technically, squids aren't animals anymore; they're people.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well according to the Sunken Scrolls, most of the planet is underwater. The only domesticated animal that's confirmed to have survived is Judd, because he was stuck in a Cryogenic Time Capsule for 10,000 years. So as far as pets go, your options are going to be zapfish or sea snails. Unless someone finds a Juddette so there can be kittens.
Now I want to keep a Super Sea Snail and call it Jim ;)

Squidderp

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mr.Dorito
It would be kind of cool if you could customize the condo loading screen, change the gear on the shelves, the posters, etc.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
We can just steal the Zapfishes again and make them our pets. :v

Relados

Senior Squid
I find it weird that, in a marine-based setting where all the characters are sea creatures, they're completely fine with Spyke eating snails and using the Zapfish as a source of power, but find the prospect of eating shrimp astonishing.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
But... They're electric... How do you think Inklings handle electrical shocks? :cool:
Well, from what we saw in Octo Valley, they can pick them up without getting electrocuted. Maybe they work like a Pikachu?

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
But... They're electric... How do you think Inklings handle electrical shocks? :cool:
We explode into ink when we're shot at and come back to life within five seconds... I think we'll be able to handle an electric shock just fine. :p

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
We explode into ink when we're shot at and come back to life within five seconds... I think we'll be able to handle an electric shock just fine. :p
Well, that's when we're attacked by foreign ink colors. :P Other means of harm are likely not as forgiving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom