• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Players With The Tag [WUT]

Daxxie

Senior Squid
NNID
Dax
Switch Friend Code
SW-3813-3439-7790
I've noticed a large amount of players with this tag, I've never heard of it. What are they/it?

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
"Woomy United Today".

Its a group formed by a popular youtuber. They are know to squid party.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
To go into more detail, the youtuber "GG Gabriel" came up with the group to promote finding other people for squid parties and coming up with fun, non-combat activities in-game. Honestly, a noble and fun goal. Unfortunately, a good number of toxic people felt enabled by the group and started squid partying in ranked, trying to force parties when no one else was interested, and throwing matches. The tag's gained an unpleasant reputation as a result, and people wearing it don't seem to be in a hurry to shatter that perception.

That isn't to say that all WUT players are bad at the game or ruin matches, but more often than not, if you have WUT in your lobby, you can expect trouble.

techton

Senior Squid
To go into more detail, the youtuber "GG Gabriel" came up with the group to promote finding other people for squid parties and coming up with fun, non-combat activities in-game. Honestly, a noble and fun goal. Unfortunately, a good number of toxic people felt enabled by the group and started squid partying in ranked, trying to force parties when no one else was interested, and throwing matches. The tag's gained an unpleasant reputation as a result, and people wearing it don't seem to be in a hurry to shatter that perception.

That isn't to say that all WUT players are bad at the game or ruin matches, but more often than not, if you have WUT in your lobby, you can expect trouble.
I've seen some people actually put the [WUT] tag on their names without even knowing what it means. Most of those guys are really low level and do things that new players normally do.

Daxxie

Senior Squid
NNID
Dax
Switch Friend Code
SW-3813-3439-7790
I see, thanks.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I wouldn't say more often than not. Majority of the time, they'll just be any old player, but the times they turn out to be trouble, they're real trouble.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
whoa! i seen many players with WUT but they are usually not good players? that's good to keep in mind -w-

though i wondered the same with G&K i seen this alot as well but i still couldn't figure out which 1 this refers to x.x

but ever since in A rank and S rank i seen people with these in their names alot less lol

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
G&K are basically the EU counterpart with the minor difference that they don't exactly squid party in ranked or anything, they just tend to be less "able" as players. (It's Guillaume and Kim, fans of French Youtubers) :D

I have yet to see WUTers throw, but they do tend to be on the "not so good" side, skill-wise. They do like to party in turf a lot though, and depending on the situation it can be rather annoying. Luckily, they're mostly NA-based so I tend to avoid them a lot.

blackfrost89

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3304-4824-3516
As an EU server player, any WUT players I've seen so far were actually playing the game properly and even seemed quite decent at it. The G&K guys however...were the polar opposite.

Whenever I see a G&K in the lobby, I hope they don't end up on my team. And when they do end up on my team, I groan. Most of the time they're a liability.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
As an EU server player, any WUT players I've seen so far were actually playing the game properly and even seemed quite decent at it. The G&K guys however...were the polar opposite.

Whenever I see a G&K in the lobby, I hope they don't end up on my team. And when they do end up on my team, I groan. Most of the time they're a liability.
They deserve each other.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Quick question while we're on the subject: Does Japan and the surrounding region have their own version(s) of WUT/G&K as well?

Phantom808

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Phantom808
Switch Friend Code
SW-0079-4659-0012
I think WUT has gained somewhat of a bad reputation because of a few jerks. I used to have WUT in my name, but I didn’t go out of my way to party, I would just join if someone else was partying. Just like some religions, some are more dedicated than others.

Cosmo95

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3746-9384-9689
wut guys loves to tank salmon runs
This. Last night I got on the same team as some guy from WUT, he kept trying to force a squid party at the start of every wave and would barely help us when he gave up on it.

I think that WUT players may tend to have lower skill because many new players put the tag in their name just because. I've seen quite a few G&K players here in South America and I doubt that they are actual Guillaume & Kim fans lol. But, there's also a lot of toxic people using the tag so it's no wonder that they have a bad rep.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
While i'm all in for the meme that G&K/WUT players are terrible at videogames, ultimately i wouldn't take it too seriously because confirmation bias likely make it all way worse than it seems.

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
Always be AFRAID when you see the WUT or G&K tag (at least if you’re in 2300+ X). There’s one dude in the Top 500 (forgot if it’s WUT or G&K) but other than him they’re not that good imo.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I have never noticed WUTs are likely to start squidpartying, nor do I feel they are necessarily terrible players. I've never really payed them much attention compared to G&K and Cst players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom