• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Pokefan leaving Team Olive

Breezy

Inkster Jr.
So i saw on twitter that Pokefan was kicked from Team Olive, which I thought was odd since her performance seemed exemplary if their TASL victories are anything to go by. Then I saw comments saying she was treated poorly by other members of the team. Can anyone give any details on this? I'm a Team Olive fan, but don't really want to support a team with mean members on it.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
They booted her because "she didn't fit their playstyle" which is understandable because they are a much more aggressive team who doesn't see the importance of backliners as much as other teams. Based on some VC's I've heard her hang onto the fact that lag was involved whereas her teammates wanted to let it go and move on to think about how to improve and what to do in the next match and things got awkward. Undoubtedly there were further issues than her not fitting the comp. She's a good player and new to the competitive scene. I don't follow team olive as much anymore because I realized they're not as good as I thought they were in comparison to a lot of other teams that are more active on twitch and twitter and connecting with other teams.

Squidilicious

Inkster Jr.
They booted her because "she didn't fit their playstyle" which is understandable because they are a much more aggressive team who doesn't see the importance of backliners as much as other teams. Based on some VC's I've heard her hang onto the fact that lag was involved whereas her teammates wanted to let it go and move on to think about how to improve and what to do in the next match and things got awkward. Undoubtedly there were further issues than her not fitting the comp. She's a good player and new to the competitive scene. I don't follow team olive as much anymore because I realized they're not as good as I thought they were in comparison to a lot of other teams that are more active on twitch and twitter and connecting with other teams.
What teams do you follow now?

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
Yeah, mostly the points @Mar$el mentioned.

Pokefan did have good results with the team (she wasn't dead weight or anything) and she proved to be a good addition to team Olive.
But her playstyle just didn't mesh with them right, since she's a hardcore backliner and team olive doesn't like backline that much. And if they want backline, they can just have dude play Custom Jet, or Nikey on Rapid / Rapid Pro.

Not to mention the team already has a healthy amount of members with DUDE, Sendou, Sorin, Nikey, and Erza at 5, they don't have to worry about having an empty roster or missing events any time soon.

Other than that, Pokefan is known as the original "Stingray main", which with the recent patch, has started to fall out of the meta for faster, more aggressive specials. Like inkjet and bomb rush. Which doesn't help her chances of staying with olive or developing more with them.

It'll be interesting to see where she goes next. Since she's new to splatoon competitive, and she was able to play in such a high level without playing or having much experience in splatoon 1.

If I was a charger player / someone wanting to learn backline playstyles, I'd definitely watch her.

Breezy

Inkster Jr.
Well it just so happens that I am a charger main myself, soI'll def keep her on my radar. It's interesting that they added her in the first place because I always thought of DUDE as their go to anchor (as you said). Oh well, there doesn't appear to be any hard feelings. I'm just suspicious based on some comments about it on twitter by other people not her or team olive members.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
What teams do you follow now?
I also want to address the fact that Pokefan is still a good player to keep your eye on. I got my "stingray main" build from her and still works fairly well, though recently after watching one of Power's streams I'm looking into more aggressive play with unscoped firefin and a second build for splat charger to be more aggressive. My favorite streamer is Pika_3k who is also a charger main who plays all chargers including the E-Liters. He's not very popular and seeing as team Neptune is on hiatus he's in a sort of weird spot in the competitive scene. As for specific teams, I don't really super closely follow specific teams but I do follow the players and the team accounts on twitter and keep up with what's going on in scrims (mostly watching fuzzy and HXN scrim on twitch) and other thoughts they have. I do follow StDx and TOMO a bit more than the others like Team Upgrade, Vitamin Sea, Deep Blues, Saikai, Quantum, Komodo, Prophecy and a few other free agents. As for teams outside of NA, I'd go to Ethereal and Kraken Paradise for EU and Yeah Nah for AU/NZ. I don't pay attention to the japanese scene other than knowing about good players like Dynamon and Atobaru.
If you care to, click here for my twitter and click on following to see every person/team I follow.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
So i saw on twitter that Pokefan was kicked from Team Olive, which I thought was odd since her performance seemed exemplary if their TASL victories are anything to go by. Then I saw comments saying she was treated poorly by other members of the team. Can anyone give any details on this? I'm a Team Olive fan, but don't really want to support a team with mean members on it.
She was booted because she was very defensive unlike the very aggressive Sorin. I still don’t know what the deal is with Dude, he keeps saying he isn’t part of Olive, but then he does a live stream with olive, then he joined team liquid, then he rejoined olive?

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Well yes, I knew this for awhile. They are more fan based, which is why they all have decently popular YouTube channels (especially dude with 40k+)

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
She was booted because she was very defensive unlike the very aggressive Sorin. I still don’t know what the deal is with Dude, he keeps saying he isn’t part of Olive, but then he does a live stream with olive, then he joined team liquid, then he rejoined olive?
It's the other way around. People keep saying DUDE isn't on team olive anymore but he keeps trying to tell people he is. He just went a little more inactive for a while but he's still on the team. I don't know why he changed his name to LiquidDude. Probably just as a joke of some sort. There isn't a team named Liquid. He's always been on team olive.

the

Inkling Commander
It's the other way around. People keep saying DUDE isn't on team olive anymore but he keeps trying to tell people he is. He just went a little more inactive for a while but he's still on the team. I don't know why he changed his name to LiquidDude. Probably just as a joke of some sort. There isn't a team named Liquid. He's always been on team olive.
Yeah i think he mentioned in one of his vids that the name is just a joke

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Yeah now I am confused....ahhhhh does anyone know what happened to Silver? I was hoping for his Q&A by now...I asked a question

Sweaxay

Inkling
Yeah now I am confused....ahhhhh does anyone know what happened to Silver? I was hoping for his Q&A by now...I asked a question
About Silver, idk, try to. Hit him. On discord or twitter @MHFSilver i believe

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
I think it is worth noting that Pokéfan joined Olive shortly after Dude announced that he was taking a break from competitive to focus on YouTube (not leaving Olive, but not playing in comps), and around the time Pokéfan parted ways Dude started playing competitive Splatoon again with Olive. So Pokéfan might have been a backup in case Dude took a longer/more serious break.

Squidilicious

Inkster Jr.
I also want to address the fact that Pokefan is still a good player to keep your eye on. I got my "stingray main" build from her and still works fairly well, though recently after watching one of Power's streams I'm looking into more aggressive play with unscoped firefin and a second build for splat charger to be more aggressive. My favorite streamer is Pika_3k who is also a charger main who plays all chargers including the E-Liters. He's not very popular and seeing as team Neptune is on hiatus he's in a sort of weird spot in the competitive scene. As for specific teams, I don't really super closely follow specific teams but I do follow the players and the team accounts on twitter and keep up with what's going on in scrims (mostly watching fuzzy and HXN scrim on twitch) and other thoughts they have. I do follow StDx and TOMO a bit more than the others like Team Upgrade, Vitamin Sea, Deep Blues, Saikai, Quantum, Komodo, Prophecy and a few other free agents. As for teams outside of NA, I'd go to Ethereal and Kraken Paradise for EU and Yeah Nah for AU/NZ. I don't pay attention to the japanese scene other than knowing about good players like Dynamon and Atobaru.
If you care to, click here for my twitter and click on following to see every person/team I follow.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom