• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Pokken Tournament Announced for Wii U (Spring 2016)

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
North American trailer.

Pokkén Tournament has been announced for the Wii U! Starting in spring, 2016, you can bring home the fun of the exciting Pokémon arcade fighting game. In Pokkén Tournament, Pokémon appear more lifelike than ever before, with amazing graphics and smooth, fluid movements. You will love seeing and battling with your favorite Pokémon.

Pokkén Tournament was developed with BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, Inc., the producers of one of the top achievements in fighting games, the Tekken series. True to its legacy, this game brings tight gameplay and incredible control to never-before-seen battles between Pokémon. The gameplay is designed to be enjoyed by a wide range of people—even those who have never played a fighting game or an action game before can easily pick it up and play!

Keep checking Pokemon.com for more information about Pokkén Tournament as the launch date approaches in spring, 2016!
http://www.twitch.tv/Pokemon
Live stream @ 1:30pm EST.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Although, the game has already been released here. I'm glad that it's announced to come out on the Wii U.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Hey, I remember seeing trailers for this! Looking forward to trying out Blaziken and Heihachu.

Also, BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA PIKACHU LIBRE
I couldn't stop laughing for a minute when I saw that. Wonder how she plays.

Last edited:

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
I'm excited! I've always wanted to fully control how my pokemon fight, in real time. I knew it'd come to Wii U eventually but I'm really glad to hear the announcement!

The selection of characters overall isn't my favorite, but I do really like Suicune and Gardevoir, so I'll likely main them.

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
Can't wait for this game! Totally grabbing it out of the store shelves!

Aside from that, looks like in this thread I'm gonna be the only Weavile Trainer. Hehe! Watch out people's!
Also I, for some reason, don't like Pikachu Libre. I feel like Hawlucha, Breloom and tons of other fighting types could've replaced her.

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Pikachu is looking really strong in this game.

Huge missed opportunity not adding Hawlucha in instead of Pikachu Libre. u_u;

shy

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2855-0246-7213
I was kinda worried it would be arcade only. Thank goodness it's coming to the wii u.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom