• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Poll: Would you attend a Splatoon convention?

X-BIRT

Inkster Jr.
So, just out of curiosity, assuming you could afford it and all the legalese was in place to make it happen, would you attend a Trekcon/Bronycon-like convention based on Splatoon? If so, what sorts of attractions and panels would you want or expect?

I totally would myself, wondering if I'm the only one. Obviously some sort of setup for local-multiplayer rounds of S1/2 would be a necessity. And imagine the panels- competitive guides, fanfic workshops, a defense for the existence of Rollers that outrange guns; think of the possibilities!

Maave

Inkling Commander
I'd expect lots of fashion. Streetwear, roaming photo shoots, maybe a runway.

X-BIRT

Inkster Jr.
I'd expect lots of fashion. Streetwear, roaming photo shoots, maybe a runway.
I believe we call that cosplay. But I agree, would totally expect to see that XD. I've heard of there being contests for that even.

Lucky Lynx

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3628-9888-5471
So, just out of curiosity, assuming you could afford it and all the legalese was in place to make it happen, would you attend a Trekcon/Bronycon-like convention based on Splatoon? If so, what sorts of attractions and panels would you want or expect?

I totally would myself, wondering if I'm the only one. Obviously some sort of setup for local-multiplayer rounds of S1/2 would be a necessity. And imagine the panels- competitive guides, fanfic workshops, a defense for the existence of Rollers that outrange guns; think of the possibilities!
I would absolutely attend that unless it's on the opposite side of the U.S., in which case, I would not. I would expect to see booths for people to dock their switches and play multiplayer, and I would also expect to see a lot of merch shops.

Raphaël

Inkling
I‘d actually see it like my previous posters - and it would actually be like every other convention. Just with stations to play against each other, maybe even with guarded lockers, so you can lock your Switch there while you are wiggling around in the convention center.
Cosplay would be everywhere, since Splatoon cosplay is huge anyway; and it‘d be a great opportunity to sell various Splatoon merch, mainly from people all over etsy who make fanmade merch and artists who you can commission or who sell their pins, badges and other goodies.
For staged shows I could see cosplay theaters, maybe even with Callie/Marie or Pearl/Marina cosplayers in staff who announce every two hours what is happening, if there is a tournament or a panel going on etc. Of course that would be on a screen or a stage in the main hall, where everybody can easily see it.

SmokyWreck

A captain of the darkness.
It would be nice to see people selling fanmade merch they created. Like stickers, quick sketches you can commission on the spot and get it on the spot--
I'd also would be totally into a booth that make smoothies inspired by splatoon's smoothies chunks.

I'd also totally attend a splatoon con.

X-BIRT

Inkster Jr.
For staged shows I could see cosplay theaters, maybe even with Callie/Marie or Pearl/Marina cosplayers in staff who announce every two hours what is happening, if there is a tournament or a panel going on etc. Of course that would be on a screen or a stage in the main hall, where everybody can easily see it.
This is genius. I need it.

Fabrunette

Full Squid
NNID
Fabrunette
Switch Friend Code
SW-8140-7460-1544
I wanna go!! But i'm gonna need a nice cosplay for that first :o

wink

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1676-1715-3794
THAT WOULD BE THE DREAM... i would totally attend but i would be worried there isn't a big enough concentration of splatoon fans anywhere to get good attendance! D :

SKiyoshi

Inkling
I would like to go but that's considering it'd be decently close to my area. Usually the good cons are on the other sides of the country so it's not likely. However I do admit I don't think Splatoon has that strong of a fanbase to have cons like Bronycon does.

DJ Particle

Senior Squid
NNID
DJParticle
Switch Friend Code
SW-0728-9987-8856
Smash N Splash isn't specifically a Splatoon convention, but Splatoon has a huge presence there.

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5982-1990-1892
I'm like, a really big anti-social loser IRL, so I honestly doubt I'd actually attend in person.

...However, I'd absolutely watch videos of such a convention!

Splashfire

Inkling
NNID
OkamiOki
I certainly would ^^

I have attended a few conventions and I think one on Splatoon might work really well

I wouldn't really know how you could make the most out of the panels but yea a spot to play the game there in a more socialized environment, maybe with some other games like a normal game room at a con, artist Den, maybe meeting or artists from the game or voice actors ( that would be a huge stretch but eeeeh), perhaps a safe way to een do some IRL turf war stuff, tournament? just some ideas but I think it's do able if it's handled correctly and I would certainly go ^^

Natsukiza

Inkling

yes

Stardust-Sonic

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Stardust-Sonic
Splatoon convention? Sign me in.

Of course, this would have to include stuff like artists, animators, cosplayers, lan parties, competitive tournaments, guest celebrities like Nogami, all sorts of goodies ...

Think about conventions like Summer of Sonic or Sonic Revolution (for the Sonic The Hedgehog franchise), but with the Splatoon franchise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom