Prefered Bomb Rush?

What is your prefered Bomb Rush: Splat, Burst, or Suction?

• Splat Bomb Rush

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Burst Bomb Rush

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Suction Bomb Rush

Votes: 32 69.6%

• Total voters

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
What is everyone's prefered form of the Bomb Rush: the Splat Bomb Rush, the Burst Bomb Rush, or the Suction Bomb Rush? Feel free to leave your reasoning and analysis in the comments below! And in your analyses, you can also talk about the weapons these subs (for each weapon with the Bomb Rush always comes with its respective bomb as the sub) and specials are assigned to and how the weapons are either balanced or unbalanced by them.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Honestly, they're all alright (at least I think so), but I prefer Suction Bomb Rush.
Burst Bomb Rush is probably great for dealing with enemies, but I wouldn't know since I never use anything with it (last time I did was level 2 when I tried out the Splattershot, then went back to Jr. and its Bubbler) so I can't say I prefer it most. Burst Bombs are alright by me though, they don't cost that much ink and they're decently powerful.
Splat Bomb Rush is probably the best Bomb Rush for inking large areas, since the bombs can roll after landing, but I don't like using Splat Bombs (they cost too much ink for me), so they're out as well.
Suction Bomb Rush is probably the weirdest of them, combining the Burst Bomb's exploding in the area it touches first and the Splat Bomb's delayed detonation as well as having a larger blast radius than both of those, but I like throwing them around to deny areas (or delay retreats, if the enemies go past them before they explode) and they don't cost as much ink as Splat Bombs (at least in my experience, could be wrong) so I prefer to use them in general more than Splat Bombs.
Really, for me, it came down to which one I like using more outside of the special, and that's Suction Bombs, so I like Suction Bomb Rush most.

CoconutTank

Senior Squid
My vote is for Suction Bomb Rush, despite Splat Bombs being the bombs that I like most.

Splat Bombs are really fun to play with; if you get the timing and angle right, you can roll Splat Bombs to make them detonate faster than enemies would expect. This is particularly fun when rolling them off of the tower in Blackbelly Skatepark, but it's useful when you need to run and throw it on the ground. Just due to the rolling nature of Splat Bombs, they can technically go further than any of the other bombs, which is invaluable for shorter ranged weapons like the Splattershot Jr. However, the rolling nature of Splat Bombs can be inconvenient when dealing with uneven surfaces or areas where you don't have good visibility.

Suction Bombs are useful for a different reason though; they don't roll, but being able to stick to a surface makes it much easier for Suction Bombs to pry enemies out of high ground. The fact that they will generally explode on the spot you throw them on also means it's less likely for them to overlap during a Suction Bomb Rush, as long as you space them correctly.

Burst Bombs are weird and definitely the most different of the currently available bombs. I've been using them as an anti-melee attack rather than as a ranged pressure tool, as they seem to be pretty good for fighting rollers. I've come to appreciate them more after playing around with the Custom Jet Squelcher, but Burst Bomb Rush is probably not that exciting for a special.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Burst Bombs are weird and definitely the most different of the currently available bombs. I've been using them as an anti-melee attack rather than as a ranged pressure tool, as they seem to be pretty good for fighting rollers. I've come to appreciate them more after playing around with the Custom Jet Squelcher, but Burst Bomb Rush is probably not that exciting for a special.
The best use for Burst Bomb Rush is a rapid invasion of an enemy area, especially in Splat Zones, but it cannot be done without a backup because a teamate would need to dive into the ink and begin covering more ground consistently from there.

Siggykewts

Inkling
NNID
Siggykewts
I also love Suction Bomb Rush. It let's you effectively deny an area; its wide explosion zone covers enemy turf easily and damages in a wide circle.

I find myself using Burst Bomb Rush more since the standard Splattershot uses it, and it's great for kills against short range weapons (looking at you Aerosprays), but I love Suction Bomb Rush the most.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
I also love Suction Bomb Rush. It let's you effectively deny an area; its wide explosion zone covers enemy turf easily and damages in a wide circle.

I find myself using Burst Bomb Rush more since the standard Splattershot uses it, and it's great for kills against short range weapons (looking at you Aerosprays), but I love Suction Bomb Rush the most.
Apparently many do, as so far as of the time that I am typing this, the choice is unanimous.

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
Suction Bomb rush apparently it's the most threatening out of the others sine you'll never know where they'll end up being latched on to
I haven't had too much progress with the other two

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
I don't understand Suction Bomb Rush at all. The fuse time is so long that it's not a "rush" at all, and almost always gives the enemy an opportunity to escape. I much prefer Splat Bomb Rush's ability to wipe out folks quickly, and Burst Bomb Rush's compromise between explosion power and fuse time.

lostleader

Senior Squid
NNID
lostleader
The scariest bomb rush is suction cup. While others are more immediate, you are more likely to die to suction cup because they are pmuch an OHKO, and if you want to stop the rush you would have to get close enough to the rusher to stop it, hence no way in, no way out. The delay just makes it scarier @_@

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
The scariest bomb rush is suction cup. While others are more immediate, you are more likely to die to suction cup because they are pmuch an OHKO, and if you want to stop the rush you would have to get close enough to the rusher to stop it, hence no way in, no way out. The delay just makes it scarier @_@
Splat Bombs can put a quick stop to anyone using Bomb Rush. I've seen players use it many times and they get so carried away throwing bombs that they fail to see me throw a Splat Bomb while they do this, and they get splatted. I'm thinking it's because there's so many explosions going off that they don't notice me throw a bomb of my own.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
Splat Bombs can put a quick stop to anyone using Bomb Rush. I've seen players use it many times and they get so carried away throwing bombs that they fail to see me throw a Splat Bomb while they do this, and they get splatted. I'm thinking it's because there's so many explosions going off that they don't notice me throw a bomb of my own.
Not just even Splat bombs, you can shoot them pretty easily too. A lot of people rush within (or just out of) firing range to throw bombs in order to push deeper into enemy lines and because they are so close to you its easy to rush up on them and Splat them (especially if they are moving forward as well). The bombs they throw usually aren't close to them (even more so if they have a range up equipped) so unless they are down a narrow path you can rush them easily. Suction cups are a better defensive bomb rush since they are more easily avoided and are most deadly when on a wall or above an unsuspecting enemy.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Suction Bombs are the most devastating despite the long detonation time. I would prefer Splat Bomb Rush for quicker explosions but they are only fitted for chargers, which I'm dont like to play as. Hopefully one of the unreleased weapons will have Splat Bomb Rush for a different type of weapon.

Power

Inkling Commander
I agree with splat bomb rush being deadlier, you have to respect its explosion range for longer creating more setup time for the opponent. It is tougher to avoid these than the other ones, the burst bomb isn't so great in terms of killing an entire group of people or trying to reclaim an area. Suction bomb rush can stick where u throw it and make it easier to trap people or force a getaway. The only downside is that the weapon it comes with isn't the greatest

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
I agree with splat bomb rush being deadlier, you have to respect its explosion range for longer creating more setup time for the opponent. It is tougher to avoid these than the other ones, the burst bomb isn't so great in terms of killing an entire group of people or trying to reclaim an area. Suction bomb rush can stick where u throw it and make it easier to trap people or force a getaway. The only downside is that the weapon it comes with isn't the greatest
It comes with both the Splash-o-Matic and the Rapid Blaster Deco (the latter being my secondary) so I guess you mean weaponS.

Power

Inkling Commander
It comes with both the Splash-o-Matic and the Rapid Blaster Deco (the latter being my secondary) so I guess you mean weaponS.
Yeah my bad, Im tired right now so I can't think straight or remember things correctly.

Power

Inkling Commander
Do you dislike both? :O
I don't dislike them, its just that I do not find them very useful. At least from the way I play. Maybe someone has figured out a way to destroy with them, idk..It is worth noting that these weapons are noticeably weaker than some of the higher regarded weapons such as tentatek, eliters,and Gals. Also, from my experience against them, I was able to take users down with relative ease. Once again, I may have been playing people who don't use the weapon to its full potential, whatever it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom