Previous Competitive Shooter Experience

Mayday

Row, Row, Fight the Power!
NNID
MaydayBelieves
Played Halo competitively for a few years. Attended a decent amount of MLG events for Halo. Most notable placing would come from MLG Chicago 06. Luckily placed top 32 with a team called Squad Up. Didn't really compete to much in Halo 3 and on. Switched to Brawl for the most part. I still dabble in Halo a little bit

Also competed in Shadowrun for 360 back in the day. Game was ahead of it's time

Blast

Inactive
NNID
Blastystoise
Does Borderlands count? I have 120+ hours logged on BL1 and then 30 something BL2. Not much else.

jason1637

Senior Squid
NNID
jason1637
i played amateur cod. Situational and rewcting helps in splatoon.

Charlight

Meme Spy
I used to play a lot of Halo 4. Never took part in any tournaments, but my friend and I got good enough to carry most games, online multiplayer there was awesome. Didn't have any experience with third person shooters before Splatoon though, unless you count a little bit of Uncharted 3.

SplatoonFerret

Inkling
Well, let's see here.
A TON of TF2 (372 hours to be specific), a little bit of CoD/Halo at friend's houses, aaand.... Yeah. That's it. What I do notice with that though is that I often end up with 1-3 more kills than most other players on the team, probably because of my aggressive tendencies on those games... Is that bad?

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
TF2: I did a few PuGs and did a lot of MGE with people to get my scout game down. In fact my love of scout was why I was so excited for splatoon's very mobile gameplay.

In the end though it wasn't to be. I lost interest in Tf2 and never really took it to the next level.

There were a few other shooters I got pretty good at, but I don't really think they're worth bringing up.

I know this thread is about shooters, but I also played a lot of yugioh in the past with some competitive players, and ended up judging and running tournaments on DN and IRL. That was a lot of fun and that's where I really found out about my love of running tournaments and events. I even ran the biggest event in Dueling network forum's history by myself: nearly 200 people in a brony versus anti brony war. I hate to brag, but I was also really good at the game when I play

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Let's see...

007 Goldeneye (not officially competitive, but amongst friends it sure is)

Gotham City Impostors (minimal multiplayer experience)

Super Monday Night Combat (minimal multiplayer experience)

Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 (minor multiplayer experience; not really competitive, but it has a 32-player online multiplayer)

WarRock (I don't suggest anyone playing that or you will learn the meaning of Wallet Warrior)

Halo 3 (local multiplayer & minimal singleplayer experience)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (Reflex), World at War (minimal multiplayer experience), Modern Warfare 2 (minimal local multiplayer experience), Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3 (minor multiplayer experience) and Black Ops 2 (minor multiplayer experience)

Gears of War 1 & 2 (local multiplayer & minor singleplayer experience)

Team Fortress 2 (I hate spies)

Loadout (minor multiplayer experience)

World of Tanks (I hate RNG)

World of Warplanes (I hate GAA nerfs)

I'm pretty sure I'm mising a few, but that's all I remember right now. I think this is why I'm a bit of a "stat freak" and always try to know the numbers of damage (or at least shots to kill/splat) and rate of fire. By the way, anything that says minimal or minor can be because either I don't actually own the game or I wish I didn't (and local is because I don't have it)

Edit: Just saw the "Competitive" in the title :confused:

Last edited:

Newtonjar

Senior Squid
I have actually had close to none. I played a tiny tiny bit of tf2, and like a couple hours of valkeria chronicles(I think that counts as a shooter). I also played CoD when I used to go to my cousins house when I was younger. I always got destroyed by him pretty badly. And that is my entire history of shooters, which is almost no history at all.

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
Played bunch load of shooter but nothing I actually played "competitive" with anyway of those. TF2 ; Payday 2 ; Plants vs Zombie:Garden warfare and Dirty bomb are the shooter game I played recently. And some COD game in console too. Guess a full list would be a bit long as there was a time I was mostly in that type of game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom