PROJECT SQUIDFEST: An IN-PERSON Splatoon Event / Tournament [Survey]

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
I'm not an expert, but isn't it possible to just transfer a save file from one console to another? That would remove the “100 WiiUs” issue.
I'm pretty sure Save Files are locked to a player's NNID, so just moving Save Files won't be enough to solve that issue.
Yeah, each player would have to create a profile and link their Nintendo ID to it, then copy their data over, then delete their profile when they're done (depending on how many profiles they need to make).
I was totally down for this idea, until I read this. I do like my gear, and even if you somehow got every piece of gear shiny, you still can't have your personalized fits.

R2D221

Senior Squid
NNID
R2D221
Yeah, each player would have to create a profile and link their Nintendo ID to it, then copy their data over, then delete their profile when they're done (depending on how many profiles they need to make).
I was totally down for this idea, until I read this. I do like my gear, and even if you somehow got every piece of gear shiny, you still can't have your personalized fits.
So, after this I decided to investigate how moving your NNID actually works (because you can only have one Wii U linked to your account, boo!), and if I understand the official guide correctly, you need to have both Wii Us physically together (in the same network, with both gamepads within infrared range, some weird stuff). It ends up being worse, because if you actually went through the hassle of bringing your Wii U, then it's just easier to just plug it and play the game.

It seems that the only option for this event to work (with personalized gear, which is a big concern for many) is to actually bring your Wii U like Aelo suggested.

Now... I wouldn't mind carrying my Wii U to the event. The console is not that big, (well, maybe the gamepad is), and if everything is set up correctly, only 8 sets of cables would be needed, with participants providing only the bare consoles. The logistics may be a little hard, but nothing impossible.

P.S. I've talked a lot about this, and although I would love to attend such an event, I don't even live in the US. But I still wish you guys luck with your event!

Sly Gaming

Inkling
NNID
Hunterrrrr
If it is placed anywhere in the south I could probably get my team to go

Hey everyone! Eirik from EndGameTV here. We're in the process of releasing a new website, our new Splatoon Premier League, hosting a Smash Bros tournament in Seattle, creating a community channel, and lots more exciting stuff! But of all the things possible, this is the most exciting;

PROJECT SQUIDFEST; We want to put on an in-person [or LAN] Splatoon tournament!

There has been some discussion of Splatoon tournaments in its days of infancy. But as competitive Splatoon developed, it seems as if these discussions faded away. But as the Summer approaches, we want to see if there's enough interest to capture the excitement of Splatoon with each other.

Please click on the banner or HERE to fill out the survey.
We're also on reddit.

This survey will be super important in determining community interest, potential locations, and more.​

NOTES & FAQs
- While this would be a competitive tournament, we would plan on having setups for casual players or those not participating to play with others.
- We would be interested in hosting an event with at least 100 people attending.

Help spread the word by linking your Splat friends the survey! Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom