PSA: Online Hacking has been confirmed, unfortunately

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
Hey NWPlayer123, are you the same one from Kuribo64? Because I'm TheSpeedyMouse from Kuribo64.

As long as you don't release this/it gets patched, then I don't care. You said this was a one time thing but if you did do it again you would do it in Private Battles, right?

ZainreFang

Pro Squid
NNID
ZainreFang
Well by then they'll probably have been patched in the latest version anyways
That's a funny mindset.

"I'm gonna hire an elite group of terrorists to assassinate the President."

"Why? That would be awful"

"Well, they'll probably beef up their security in anticipation of us anyways.."

I guess passion is passion. Human nature is basically "do everything that's possible".

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
@NWPlayer123, I noticed your videos have been taken down from YouTube. Have Nintendo spoken to you about this, and do you feel this has successfully brought the vulnerability of their online servers to their attention? I was angry that they took your videos down and supported what you were doing, but hopefully you'll get the results you initially intended now.

mario123007

Pro Squid
@NWPlayer123, I noticed your videos have been taken down from YouTube. Have Nintendo spoken to you about this, and do you feel this has successfully brought the vulnerability of their online servers to their attention? I was angry that they took your videos down and supported what you were doing, but hopefully you'll get the results you initially intended now.
Really? That's harsh...

Sethy

Inkling
NNID
TySeanCat
I'm all for mods, but hacking is just boring on multiplayer games.

Single player could be different.

Good on you for wanting it to be fixed.

Last edited:

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
Probably the best thing to do would be to show Nintendo, and then lock all the methods away in the Disney vault before griefers get any bright ideas and ruin it for everyone.

Other people DO want to play this game fairly, you know, regardless of what "dedicated people" cook up via hacking

NWPlayer123

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NWPlayer1234
Well thankfully the devs already know about my channel and they've been working on a fix. Dunno if it's in 2.0.0 or if it'll be a hotfix, I'll have to see.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
Well thankfully the devs already know about my channel and they've been working on a fix. Dunno if it's in 2.0.0 or if it'll be a hotfix, I'll have to see.
Hotfix, I hope, though if it comes with Wednesday's update, then that's soon enough.

This stuff is like opening the Ark of the Covenant: there could be untold treasures inside, but there is also a good chance of head-exploding

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
How do you know that the devs know?

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Because of my friend who asked their friend who works at the Treehouse
Ahh that makes sense. People at NoA seem pretty nice and tend to be fans of the company so it makes sense they would eventually see a lot of stuff or be told about it.

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
As long as it doesn't turn in Mario Kart Wii with hacks and hack accusations every 5 minutes we'll be fine, it's 2015 and Nintendo has the power to take out the trash when need be.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Haven't tried yet, might soon in a private lobby. Been busy mining the update :p
I'm betting that footnote with quality of life implies it, though.
Didn't they say something similar after update 1? Is that just a way for them to say 'technical improvements?'

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
Because of my friend who asked their friend who works at the Treehouse
I heard it from a friend of a friend of mine
Heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who
Heard it from another you’ve been messing around

The Splatoon mod I would use most would be ink color. Even though I love the new Squid Girl color, Milk Tea color is pretty tempting.

skyphoi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
melancholywish
Hacking in Splatoon could become a serious problem. Lag is present in the game and you don't see your actual healthbar so there are various ways to cheat without attracting immediate attention.
I agree. It would leave you wondering if maybe that player was just a little TOO good... or was it just your imagination? And with the constant miscellaneous glitches, both scores and footage of gameplay would be pretty unreliable proof that someone was cheating. Hopefully nintendo and the devs pay close attention so this doesn't become a problem! I would hate to see random turf war matches be destroyed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom