• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Puffling Tails (Tales); Chapter II

Sgt. Puffling

Why am I still alive?
Puffling Tails (Tales); Chapter II

To the city....?

And so, Puffling packed her bags and set off for Inkopolis. She had no idea what would happen or how she would make it there, but she was determined. That’s all that mattered to her.

“I hope I can get to the city without running into any trouble….. But with my luck, I might as well expect it to happen.” She said. Her stomach growled as she began to grow hungry. “Man….. I sure am hungry.” She pulled a package of instant noodles from one of her many, many suitcases. “Do I really wanna eat this dry?” She said, wondering if she was really that hungry.

“Nah.” She went to stuff the package back into her suitcase when she saw a little raccoon. It looked like it was hungry. “Shoo, shoo!” Puffling said, trying to shoo the creature away. “Run along, now! This is MY FOOD!” But it got very mad. It went completely crazy, attacking Puffling in a growling, biting, and spitting hurricane of fury. “Ow ow ow!!!!!!!!!” She whimpered, finally managing to shoo the raccoon away. “Jeez, some people.” Puffling had really gotten scuffed up in that little fight, but she didn’t realize how bad she actually looked. Her fur was now matted and scraggly and she had scratches and bite marks all over her face.

This is when things took a real turn for the worse.

Sgt. Puffling

Why am I still alive?
She was just approaching the city when she came across something strange. It was a half man, half urchin creature that was supposedly named “Spyke”.

“Oh my.” He said, looking at the wounded “dog” that was standing before him. “I haven’t seen a dog around here in years and years. Poor thing…..” He reached out to pick up Puffling, but she backed away from him. “Easy now, love….” He said, continuing to attempt to pick up the dog, eventually cornering her.

Once Puffling realized she was cornered, she just froze. She couldn’t even attack at that point. She just had to accept what was about to happen.

Next thing she knew, she was in a cage, being taken to God knows where. “Now how am I gonna make it to the city?” Puffling barked out, shedding a few tears.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
I like how mysterious the story is. I'm really wondering where Puffling got her shapeshifting powers from. I'm also excited to see how my OC and Ikaheishi's are gonna fit in this.
Though theres a thing you should know. You don't have to make a new thread for a new chapter, you can just continue it in the old thread.
BTW, you haven't confirmed with me if you wanted me to use your OC in the story I'm writing.

Sgt. Puffling

Why am I still alive?
Puffling tails (Tales); Chapter III

Sparrows can talk?!?!

Next thing Puffling knew, she was in what looked like an abandoned college dorm room. “What am I gonna do now????” she asked herself. She ran in circles inside her little cage before managing to calm herself down. “Ok, Puffling. Stop panicking. Just find a way to get out of here and tell that Spyke guy that you’re not a dog.” She began to gnaw on the cage bars, which turned out to be useless since the cage was metal. She strugled for a bit longer, and just as she was about to give up she heard someone say: “Did I hear something about someone trying to get out?” “W-Who said that?” Puffling said, a bit afraid. “I did.” A small sparrow flew through the window. “Sparrows can talk?!?!” Puffling questioned her own sanity for a moment. Then, the sparrow turned into an inkling! “Nah, I’m a shapeshifter. Now, I’m guessing someone thought you were a dog…?”

“Yep.” Puffling chuckled.

“Used to happen to me all the time.” The strange (Dare we say) Sparrowling replied. “Now, let’s get you out of there.”

“Do it quick!” Puffling exclaimed. “I’m about to go into my inkling form!”

The sparrowling tried to get Puffling out as fast as it could, but it was too late. She had already switched forms.

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
It's great to see that you haven't forgotten about this story. You should really write more of it more often. I'm so curious about this whole thing and I want to know what happens.

Sgt. Puffling

Why am I still alive?
It's great to see that you haven't forgotten about this story. You should really write more of it more often. I'm so curious about this whole thing and I want to know what happens.
I am going to be writing it more often now that I am less busy lately.

Sgt. Puffling

Why am I still alive?
As you may have expected, the cage Puffling was in was perfectly suitable for a dog. For an inkling, not so much.

The sparrowling attempted to get the cage open, but It couldn’t be opened. “It won’t open!!!!” “I just have the best luck ever, don’t I?” Puffling said (obviously) sarcastically. They had no idea what to do.

Sgt. Puffling

Why am I still alive?
I have recently had an inspiration spark, and will be continuing this story most likely today.

Sgt. Puffling

Why am I still alive?
“I guess we’ll just have to stay here until you can switch forms again.” Said the sparrowling, eating some birdseed. “Want some birdseed, Puffling?” “How are you so relaxed right now? I’M KINDA BEING SQUISHED IN A CAGE OVER HERE!!!!!!”

“Jeez, jeez. Calm down. I’ll get you out of there.” She turned into a sparrow and managed to lift it off the ground, and then she began to ram it into the wall.

Sgt. Puffling

Why am I still alive?
Eventually, the cage broke open. Puffling was confused on how on earth a tiny sparrow could lift an inkling in a cage off the ground. but she was more focused on being free.
"Thank you so much!" She shook the sparrowling's wing. It just twittered at her and dissppeared out the window.

"I think she's the nicest person- er, sparrow I've ever met. I hope I see her again someday.....

Sgt. Puffling

Why am I still alive?
I apologize for not writing as much lately, I have been quite busy this season.

Sgt. Puffling

Why am I still alive?
Puffling Tails (Tales); Chapter IV
What now?

"So.... Now I'm free..." Puffling said to herself. "What do I do now?" She looked out the windows at the city below her. It was quite the view, she could see every part of the beautiful city from just one window. She got distracted by the view for a while, then realized she needed to get out of here. She needed a plan.

Sgt. Puffling

Why am I still alive?
A sight to behold,
Was the great city below,
As Puffling was told.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom