• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Question about Splatoon Squads

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Welp, considering that NNIDs cannot be changed, and how Nicknames are only 10 characters long, I don't really think this should be implemented. Unless you like having a super short name.

Shaggy_MN_1975

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Shaggy_MN_1975
If like in Smash, you can enter multiple different names, so I could have one setup for the squad and one for when I play with others. My kids and I all have names entered in Smash, along with controller layouts saved to each user, no reason Splatoon couldn't be the same

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
If like in Smash, you can enter multiple different names, so I could have one setup for the squad and one for when I play with others.
The Nintendo Treehouse video where all the people playing had names like 'Eric' and 'Bobby' made it look like you'll be able to choose your inkling's name separate from your NNID. The way ranked battles were presented made it seem like we'll get multiple inklings too, although each one has to be levelled up individually and has their own inventory. That hasn't been confirmed though, and I suspect if it is a feature we'll definitely hear about it on Thursday.

Shaggy_MN_1975

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Shaggy_MN_1975
The Nintendo Treehouse video where all the people playing had names like 'Eric' and 'Bobby' made it look like you'll be able to choose your inkling's name separate from your NNID. The way ranked battles were presented made it seem like we'll get multiple inklings too, although each one has to be levelled up individually and has their own inventory. That hasn't been confirmed though, and I suspect if it is a feature we'll definitely hear about it on Thursday.
Awesome observation! I haven't had a chance to view the video yet, but will keep an eye out for that when I do

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
I am only putting the squad name in from of my if it is something short. If it is like xXxXHardcoreSquidsXxXx... Nope, no way :p But then again, who would join such squad?
Well then, I suppose I can make do with abbreviating my clan tag to XxH4RDSQDSxX if space is going to be an issue for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom