Question about weapons

Wintermelon43

Inkling
Okay so, I pretty much just joined here so I may be posting this in the wrong place, but I have a questions about the weapons. So, I use the rollar weapon (The extra move is the teleporting thing where you click it in the gamepad and it takes you there), because I like to try to paint areas to make the percent higher. I pretty much hate the rest of the weapons because of how little amount they can quickly paint. However, I'm starting to realize a problem: I can't defend myself at all due to how bad it is offensivly and its lack of range. I feel like I can't really use this weapon due to that, but then csn't use anything else due to my playstyle. Is there any weapon that could possibly fit both my playstyle and be able to be used offensivly properly? And are rollars speaficially good or bad or what?

And once again,sorry if this is the wrong place.

Inkling Ash

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Zachy_Dad
Okay so, I pretty much just joined here so I may be posting this in the wrong place, but I have a questions about the weapons. So, I use the rollar weapon (The extra move is the teleporting thing where you click it in the gamepad and it takes you there), because I like to try to paint areas to make the percent higher. I pretty much hate the rest of the weapons because of how little amount they can quickly paint. However, I'm starting to realize a problem: I can't defend myself at all due to how bad it is offensivly and its lack of range. I feel like I can't really use this weapon due to that, but then csn't use anything else due to my playstyle. Is there any weapon that could possibly fit both my playstyle and be able to be used offensivly properly? And are rollars speaficially good or bad or what?

If you are just rolling around you are doing it wrong. Watch my Krak-On splat Roller videos and see if you could copy that! BTW I know that painting turf is the main goal but you should also look up and get some kills. If you really think about it if you are covering lots of ground and someone's following what you just covered you're doing nothing. You have to kill that person then claim the turf, and if you are thinking "well it's bringing up my score" then you are just a show off.

Wintermelon43

Inkling
If you are just rolling around you are doing it wrong. Watch my Krak-On splat Roller videos and see if you could copy that! BTW I know that painting turf is the main goal but you should also look up and get some kills. If you really think about it if you are covering lots of ground and someone's following what you just covered you're doing nothing. You have to kill that person then claim the turf, and if you are thinking "well it's bringing up my score" then you are just a show off.
Well then what should I be doing, that seems like the most effective way to paint the turf. I DO sometimes go up over to the front where the enemies are, and I DO try (It doesn't always work) to kill anyone going over to an area I just painted.

HappyPie

Inkling
NNID
H4ppypie
If you're using the krak on or splat roller, you can't take enemies on face to face. Distract with a beakon or bomb, ink abit around them and swim in and attack at an angle. If you attack from the sides, the enemy won't be able to kill you because you're in an awkward position for them. Also, know your range. If you see a person further away, don't try to flick at them, just wait for them to leave and pursue them when they don't expect it, or wait for them to come to you when hiding in your ink. Those are pretty much some basic rules for using a splat roller :P. Use lots of swim speed too

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233

I'm not a roller user, but in order to use it properly you're going to have to learn how to flick, too. And no weapon is specifically good or bad, it just depends on the situation.
Also, the teleport thing you were talking about is Super Jumping. Everyone has that ability. I'm not sure what your sub or special is (Subs can be launched with the R button and Specials by clicking the R stick when charged)

Also, may I interest you in the *unveils* Aerospray collection? We have the MG, RG, and PG, outfitted in silver, gold, and bronze respectively (assuming it's bronze, might not be)
You can paint turf very quickly with it (fastest fire rate of the game, if I'm not mistaken) with a medium-low range. The RG is best fitted for inking turf with the Ink Mine and Inkstrike. To gain access to this lovely collection, you need the 3rd Boss Sunken Scroll. Then, the weapons will be unveiled to you at levels 7, 13, and 20 respectively.

Last edited:

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
order to use it properly you're going to have to learn how to flick, too.
This is one of the most important things to remember when using a roller. In many situations, the roller can be an offensive menace, but simply running around will not do it much good. I highly recommend watching videos of people using rollers, you will see what I mean when I say they can really do more than cover turf.

It sounds as though you are very new to the game, based on how you describe everything. I recommend learning to use shooters as well. They can ink turf better than rollers I feel. The Splattershot Jr. for example (which I'm sure you already have some experience with) is perfect for learning the basics of using a shooter, same with the Aerosprays that Ginger just mentioned above.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
When it comes to Turf War, it can often be fine to roll with the roller. Players are more spread out in Turf War so it's much safer to get away with it. During Ranked though, you'll really need to utilize flicking and stealth. You'll find that it gets much harder to roll over people or just roll to cover turf in Ranked. You can't face off against long ranged opponents because you will always lose. You need to get the jump on the opponents. Keep an eye on all of them and use the field to your advantage. If you see an opponent near you, try to go behind the walls so they may not see you and hit them from behind. The rollers lack range but their strength lies in their ability to be stealthy.

The same can also be said for Turf War though~ x3 It's easier to roll but it can end in a lot of deaths. So being more sneaky can keep you alive more. In reality, most rollers don't get a lot of turf coverage because these days, it's so hard to get away with just rolling since it makes you an obvious target.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
If you are acustomed of weapons like the roller, try the Aerospray line. Their amazing turf coverage (quite a bit more than the rollers, from my experience) combined with their great kill time at close range makes them good weapons that follow a similar play style to the rollers.

Sazando

Inkster Jr.
NNID
trexhunter720
Downgrade your internet and switch to the dynamo roller

Wintermelon43

Inkling
.....wth is flicking????
I'm not a roller user, but in order to use it properly you're going to have to learn how to flick, too. And no weapon is specifically good or bad, it just depends on the situation.
Also, the teleport thing you were talking about is Super Jumping. Everyone has that ability. I'm not sure what your sub or special is (Subs can be launched with the R button and Specials by clicking the R stick when charged)

Also, may I interest you in the *unveils* Aerospray collection? We have the MG, RG, and PG, outfitted in silver, gold, and bronze respectively (assuming it's bronze, might not be)
You can paint turf very quickly with it (fastest fire rate of the game, if I'm not mistaken) with a medium-low range. The RG is best fitted for inking turf with the Ink Mine and Inkstrike. To gain access to this lovely collection, you need the 3rd Boss Sunken Scroll. Then, the weapons will be unveiled to you at levels 7, 13, and 20 respectively.
I know everyone has that, but the thing I use places a little thing on the ground that I can tap in the gamepad to get to that spot regardless of if another player is there or not.

Also, that aerospray thing sounds good, do you get the sunken scroll just by beating the boss or do you have to find it somewhere? (I have like one more level in world 3 until I get the boss)

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
.....wth is flicking????

I know everyone has that, but the thing I use places a little thing on the ground that I can tap in the gamepad to get to that spot regardless of if another player is there or not.

Also, that aerospray thing sounds good, do you get the sunken scroll just by beating the boss or do you have to find it somewhere? (I have like one more level in world 3 until I get the boss)
Flicking is just hitting the ZR button or whatever button is the button you use for rolling. You fling a spray of ink before getting into the rolling position. You can just fling and hide in the ink, or fling repeatedly

And oh, okay. Was hard to understand. They're called Beakons.

And you get it right after beating the boss. You have to collect it, of course, but it's pretty easy to get.

Wintermelon43

Inkling
Flicking is just hitting the ZR button or whatever button is the button you use for rolling. You fling a spray of ink before getting into the rolling position. You can just fling and hide in the ink, or fling repeatedly

And oh, okay. Was hard to understand. They're called Beakons.

And you get it right after beating the boss. You have to collect it, of course, but it's pretty easy to get.
Oh. Woudn't that not be any differant than just rolling it around, outside of having it on less?

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Oh. Woudn't that not be any differant than just rolling it around, outside of having it on less?
I think I've gotten splatted more times by flicks than getting rolled over. And, with flicking, you're generally faster. Especially with those Carbon Rollers…*shudder* They're unnaturally fast with flicks.

And I find a rolling target easier to engage. The only flicking target I find easy is a dynamo flick. They take some time to get a flick out, but it's powerful and spreads far. (Why everyone hates Dynamos) However, with flicking, you must hit someone with the middle of the roller (or ink from the middle) for an instant splat.

Wintermelon43

Inkling
I think I've gotten splatted more times by flicks than getting rolled over. And, with flicking, you're generally faster. Especially with those Carbon Rollers…*shudder* They're unnaturally fast with flicks.

And I find a rolling target easier to engage. The only flicking target I find easy is a dynamo flick. They take some time to get a flick out, but it's powerful and spreads far. (Why everyone hates Dynamos) However, with flicking, you must hit someone with the middle of the roller (or ink from the middle) for an instant splat.
That doesn't sound useful at all...... Just seems to leave you vulnerable...... You must be leaving something out..

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
What's the Dynamo Rollar?
*Roller
It is a roller you unlock after reaching a certain level and beating Octo Valley. There is the Dynamo Roller, Gold Dynamo Roller, and Tempered Dynamo Roller. It looks somewhat like this:
What Zappy said. It's unlocked by getting the Final Boss Sunken Scroll(which you have to get in between phases) and unlocked at Level 15. The Gold and Tempered variants are unlocked at level 20.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
What's the Dynamo Rollar?
It's a roller that does a lot of damage and has a CRAZY range. And when I say crazy, I mean it matches the range of some chargers (Squiffers I think) and the Duel Squelchers (the 2nd longest ranged rapid fire weapons in the game). Yeah, they are really annoying for other squids because of that long range.:wst_roller_heavy00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom