Question about weapons

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
The dynamo isn't all that good to be honest. It's really slow and easy to get yourself killed if you don't know what your doing.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
The dynamo isn't all that good to be honest. It's really slow and easy to get yourself killed if you don't know what your doing.
I can agree that the Dynamo is definitely not the weapon for me. It's one of those weapons that has no definitive role in the team. Is it a support weapon? Is it an offense weapon? Is it a defense weapon? Is it in ink spreader? The world may never know!

Slurmp

Pro Squid
NNID
HedgehogOverlord
Another weapon type that is fantastic at spreading ink is the sloshers. They have decent range, and are also pretty good for getting splats.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Another weapon type that is fantastic at spreading ink is the sloshers. They have decent range, and are also pretty good for getting splats.
Yeah the Sloshers are really good. I think the normal Sloshers is probably the best.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Oh. Woudn't that not be any differant than just rolling it around, outside of having it on less?
Flicking can be just as dangerous as rolling is but it entirely depends on the weapon. If you're running straight at another player... You're going to lose that fight no matter what you do. As a roller, direct confrontation is not your thing. It's not something a roller should seek out and they should find alternate ways to approach someone than head-on. That's why it's important to learn the maps, remember your range, and know how to move. Utilize the stealth aspect of a roller and you'll find yourself killing a lot more and dying a lot less.

Seconding the Slosher! All three of the Sloshers are very good at both playing defensively and offensively. They have good damage output and a good ink spread. c:

Wintermelon43

Inkling
Flicking can be just as dangerous as rolling is but it entirely depends on the weapon. If you're running straight at another player... You're going to lose that fight no matter what you do. As a roller, direct confrontation is not your thing. It's not something a roller should seek out and they should find alternate ways to approach someone than head-on. That's why it's important to learn the maps, remember your range, and know how to move. Utilize the stealth aspect of a roller and you'll find yourself killing a lot more and dying a lot less.

Seconding the Slosher! All three of the Sloshers are very good at both playing defensively and offensively. They have good damage output and a good ink spread. c:
Okay, that's way too complicated. I won't be having fun playing the game if you need to do all that...

And how do you get the Slosher?

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
Well, yes, :squidbeacon:is called "beacon".

Anyway, I find it weird that nobody is telling him to try splatlings. Take one of the mini gatlings, put some run speed up, and you'll see how fast you can turf. And kill. From a medium distance at that.

Also, I want to insist on something that was already said: painting ground is not the best way to win games. You have to, but it doesn't mean you should do only this. Like in (let's say) soccer, you have to score goals, but you still don't try to shoot from anywhere at the moment you get the ball. It's a strategic game. If you can prevent your opponent to paint, then you don't even need to paint yourself to win.

And about rollers, if you watch any strong roller player, you won't see much rolling. It's just too weak.

Wintermelon43

Inkling
Well, yes, :squidbeacon:is called "beacon".

Anyway, I find it weird that nobody is telling him to try splatlings. Take one of the mini gatlings, put some run speed up, and you'll see how fast you can turf. And kill. From a medium distance at that.

Also, I want to insist on something that was already said: painting ground is not the best way to win games. You have to, but it doesn't mean you should do only this. Like in (let's say) soccer, you have to score goals, but you still don't try to shoot from anywhere at the moment you get the ball. It's a strategic game. If you can prevent your opponent to paint, then you don't even need to paint yourself to win.

And about rollers, if you watch any strong roller player, you won't see much rolling. It's just too weak.
I've seen teams lose games because while they did prevent the other team from painting much, they didn't paint much themselves and still lost. Painting is is extremely important, really.

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
I've chosen precise words: preventing enemy to paint. It's not just "killing them". It's about controlling the map.

Basically, at the beginning, most of the team must go to the strategical areas to gain control of them. Both teams with fight it out right there, unless one is very weak and starts the game by painting its base with most of its members. It's ok if one of the members is turfing the base at the early stage, if he aims to build a special that will help his team (echo or bubble are good examples).

Another bad thing about painting everything without thinking is that turf is a ressource: it helps building a special. That means that every "safe turf area" you take won't help later.

But still: between three mates that only turf, and three mates that only kills, I'll be way more confident in the win in the later option. Most of the players talking about their points in turf are beginners... The best way to have a big score is to let the opponent paint. Which is a pretty bad move considering the ultimate goal of winning.

So, in turf, a good player will securise an area first (by killing the opponents nearby) and then turf it, or securize an even more advanced position. A bad player will turf anything he'll see, thus being very visible and very vulnerable.

I'd want to give you an old video of some competitive turf, but I'm at work atm; I'll do it later if I can find one.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Okay, that's way too complicated. I won't be having fun playing the game if you need to do all that...

And how do you get the Slosher?
It's a game of strategy. You're going to have to plan out things, even a little.

I believe you get it at level 7 or 9. Check out Ammo Knights.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Well yea, I know that, but that is too much...
The rollers can steamroll when spreading ink, but when trying to defend themselves, they almost always have to flick ink (usually in conjunction with jumping). Sometimes you can catch people of guard or steamroller them from behind, but I wouldn't count on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom