• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Raidcall Chat System Centered Around Splatoon

Nia

Inkster Jr.
I'm not sure if this is ok to post or not, admins let me know if not, but the recent issue of Splatoon not having voice chat really bummed me out. My friends and I have created a Raidcall, which is much better than Skype, to organize and chat in large groups. The Raidcall was made as a result of this announcement, but we also use if for other games on Wii U and 3DS.

Unfamiliar with Raidcall? Raidcall is essentially like Skype except ten times better. There's no host, so any ping that you are experiencing is all on you as it's server based (and free). This way, we can chat seamlessly with no interruptions by connection and it takes up WAY less resources (i.e. memory) than Skype which provides an even more thorough experience. You can have many different rooms within the Raidcall group, and subgroups as demonstrated in the photo, when splitting off into teams. Example: 4 people can be in the main Splatoon room, 4 people can be in Chat 1, 4 more in Chat 2, so on and so forth. The people in each subgroup will only have communication with whoever is also in their subgroup. Wanna switch off Splatoon and play Smash 4? Double tap Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and play and chat in there. It keeps everyone connected, but separate at the same time.

TL;DR version:
Features of Raidcall
-No hosts, so if you crunch out it's because of your own connection
-Takes up a TINY amount of resources so it doesn't add stress to internet bandwitch or memory usage
-It's customizable. Make it look however you'd like
-It features push-to-talk, free talk, mute, and noise cancellation. You can also block people that are annoying you, while still hearing everyone else.
-You can record hilarious conversations during gameplay

How to enter the membership ID:
-Download Raidcall: http://www.raidcall.com/index.html
-Upon booting up Raidcall you'll see this window: http://gyazo.com/a49b365aa31bf568831a28c27aa1849f
-Add the membership ID (10808013), wait for an admin to accept your membership, and start chatting. It's that easy.

Attachments

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
That sounds really neat, unfortunately I only use Skype and Teamspeak so I wont be able to participate. Really cool idea, though!

wolfiexvii

Inkster Jr.
The only problem is the migrating from Skype
I have hundreds of contacts that might be hesitant to switch over for matches :v

Nia

Inkster Jr.
I have hundreds of contacts that might be hesitant to switch over for matches :v
I understand. I tend to use both depending on which friends I'm playing with. My super close friends are on Skype, but my "down for anything, always ready to play a different game at a time" friends are on Raidcall lol. We switch from Tekken, to Mass Effect, to Mario Kart, to Smash and Raidcall gives us the flexibility to do so while gaming and not obnoxiously taking over a general call with our other buddies, ya know? On Skype, if two of my buddies are playing The Last of Us, 3 are playing Mario Kart, and 5 more are playing Mortal Kombat, we're all talking over one another. In Raidcall we're still within the same vicinity, but we can branch off when we want that "intimate" game setting where we're only talking about and reacting to the game we're playing.

Lyn

Premium
Same, I also like the chat system in Skype a lot so I don't think I'd be able to switch.

Nia

Inkster Jr.
You guys are missing out. Raidcall will give you a different outlook on life lol. I understand though.

Gammalad

Inkling
You guys are missing out. Raidcall will give you a different outlook on life lol. I understand though.
I should probably hop in the raidcall group more...seeing as you made me a mod in that xD I blame school work.

Reactions: Nia

Nia

Inkster Jr.
I should probably hop in the raidcall group more...seeing as you made me a mod in that xD I blame school work.
LOL! Yeah....me and a few others use it daily. The options and flexibility is what I love most.

Raethien

Inkster Jr.
I'm not sure if this is ok to post or not, admins let me know if not, but the recent issue of Splatoon not having voice chat really bummed me out. My friends and I have created a Raidcall, which is much better than Skype, to organize and chat in large groups. The Raidcall was made as a result of this announcement, but we also use if for other games on Wii U and 3DS.

Unfamiliar with Raidcall? Raidcall is essentially like Skype except ten times better. There's no host, so any ping that you are experiencing is all on you as it's server based (and free). This way, we can chat seamlessly with no interruptions by connection and it takes up WAY less resources (i.e. memory) than Skype which provides an even more thorough experience. You can have many different rooms within the Raidcall group, and subgroups as demonstrated in the photo, when splitting off into teams. Example: 4 people can be in the main Splatoon room, 4 people can be in Chat 1, 4 more in Chat 2, so on and so forth. The people in each subgroup will only have communication with whoever is also in their subgroup. Wanna switch off Splatoon and play Smash 4? Double tap Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and play and chat in there. It keeps everyone connected, but separate at the same time.

TL;DR version:
Features of Raidcall
-No hosts, so if you crunch out it's because of your own connection
-Takes up a TINY amount of resources so it doesn't add stress to internet bandwitch or memory usage
-It's customizable. Make it look however you'd like
-It features push-to-talk, free talk, mute, and noise cancellation. You can also block people that are annoying you, while still hearing everyone else.
-You can record hilarious conversations during gameplay

How to enter the membership ID:
-Download Raidcall: http://www.raidcall.com/index.html
-Upon booting up Raidcall you'll see this window: http://gyazo.com/a49b365aa31bf568831a28c27aa1849f
-Add the membership ID (10808013), wait for an admin to accept your membership, and start chatting. It's that easy.
This is a great Idea, when I get my computer set up Ill download it, Also if anyone wants to add me on skype, name is -> wraithedxd

Icedise

The Savage Squid
NNID
IceDise
Awesome idea! I used RaidCall back in the days when I played more MMO's with my friends and other buddies and I really like the features it offers you. I also use Skype all the time with my IRL friends and I see no problem in using both ;) I already applied for the membership, hopefully more people will pick this up as well!

Nia

Inkster Jr.
Awesome idea! I used RaidCall back in the days when I played more MMO's with my friends and other buddies and I really like the features it offers you. I also use Skype all the time with my IRL friends and I see no problem in using both ;) I already applied for the membership, hopefully more people will pick this up as well!
Fantastic!

WECKmaster329

Inkster Jr.
NNID
WECKmaster329
Raidcall is so good. I like how you can hop into different rooms while still connected to the same group. It definitely makes it easy to be with those who want to play the same game with you.

Lyn

Premium
Since everyone here seems to think Raidcall is good, I might give it a try. I'm not so sure yet, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom