Rainmaker Kamikaze plays

Terratius

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4784-5896-6674
Simple question really, when is it worth/not worth killing yourself for a few more points in Rainmaker

Beckett.

Semi-Pro Squid
depends. if its the end of the game or overtime, then definitely, but if its not and your team can easily recover, then i wouldnt go for it. it is tempting tho

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
If you're getting a good lead (I'd say when there's less than 25 points left usually), your team's getting splatted, and you can cram in a few more points you should usually go for it, but if the enemy team isn't pushing you back, and you got the shield pop, it might be best to stabilize and wait for your teammates to respawn, for someone to get a kill or special before pushing the rainmaker again, or for the enemy team to get distracted, that way you'll gain more points, and your push will last longer.
But don't overheat and always go for kamikaze plays, especially at the end of the game it can be easy to panic and desperately try to score, but I'd say it's best to be patient when that happens, since the enemies might also panic and feed to preserve their lead

Also depends on if the enemies have a kraken weapon, if they get their kraken it's pretty unlikely you'll be able to score that far, so then it's sometimes better to push really fast before they get it

And if you're like, one point away from lead or something, and you're in a 3v4, don't pick up the rain right away, since the enemies will be expecting it and you might just get insta splatted for it, stay patient

tl;dr uhh, it depends

Babab

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-7735-7052-6321
I think it’s worth it under 30 points on most maps, because there are spots where a single squid roll can get you like 10-12 points

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
I think it’s worth it under 30 points on most maps, because there are spots where a single squid roll can get you like 10-12 points
I often make this mistake myself. Sometimes it's a good choice, but more often you will get more value by waiting a few seconds and using your shots to flush out enemies into range of your teammates, and then after you can score more than you would have otherwise.

In general, with the rainmaker, it's best to stay behind your team to push up with them, and then even if you get far and the push is dying, it generally only makes sense to rush forward in front of your team if you'll get lead from it, and otherwise just back up from the dead push and stall while you wait for your teammates to respawn. You might not get as many points right away, but you will have prevented the rainmaker from going probably all the way back to your half of the map, plus you have teammates again.

Why squid roll to get to 12 if it leaves you at a severe disadvantage and gives the other team a great opportunity to push, when you could wait and potentially get a knockout?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom