• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Random Players and their amazing inability to Squid Jump.

NikeXTC

Inkling
NNID
NikeXTC
This should be renamed "Random Players and their amazing ability to Super Jump" because I seriously got juked out by guys who super jumped back to spawn like 20 times yesterday. I now know the secret to survival- Quick Super Jump.
I've started doing this more and more often recently, too, and it's indeed a life saver in many situations. I have to think about a QSJ-heavy equip and abuse of QSJ, now.

FlamingZelda

Inkling
NNID
FlamingZelda
I've found that squid jumping to the frontlines when my team is making the final push in Tower control can give us the extra few seconds we need to win.
I also will super jump to a charger that's in a secure position, but most of the time I don't super-jump. If you want to get back into the fight quickly then use swim speed up.

jsilva

Inkling Cadet
Many of the comments in this thread demonstrate something I get rather salty about—people are overly concerned about getting splatted.

I often see players miss opportunities out of the fear of getting splatted which contribute to the loss of a game. Retreating with the rainmaker is one of the worst ones, or hanging out behind the tower (playing 'support') during the last seconds of the game while leaving one teammate to ride the tower making it so that the opposing team only needs to splat the one person on the tower to win.

It also applies to the OP's concern. I don't always superjump to the rainmaker but I often do. I might get splatted but what if it looks like a potential opportunity and I don't get splatted and it enables a further push? If I get splatted I'll probably be back in play by the time the enemy breaks the shield and starts pushing, and there will probably be a teammate somewhere I can safely superjump to at that point.

I don't mean to suggest we shouldn't be wise and minimise getting splatted, and we should be especially thoughtful where we superjump, but there's no need to be worried about getting splatted. It's not real :)

NotAPerso

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PersocomLover
Super jumping is amazing in the right circumstances, but it requires the person being super jumped to to be aware of their situation. If the lone inkling needs support then they need to get in a cover position, use "C'mon/To Me!", then protect landing if necessary. Falling back just the tiniest bit to receive support safely is one of the best things to do to further a push. (I do wish more people recognized when to fall back)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom