1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Weapons Rapid Blasters: How to use them in Competitive Play

The Underrated Powerful Gem

1. WalnutCena 2.0

WalnutCena 2.0 Inkling

NNID:
    gladdys01
    WalnutCena 2.0 submitted a new guide:

Rapid Blasters: How to use them in Competitive Play - The Underrated Powerful Gem

Read more about this guide...

2. ProjectJ

ProjectJ Inkling

I agree that defensive play is what the Rapid Blaster excels at. Even post-nerf, the Luna is probably the go-to Blaster for more offensively oriented play, but Rapid Blasters do well in just the opposite. Rapid Blasters are based more on Spacing and keeping people out.

My input: the most important tip is to know this weapon's range and stick to it. You'll want to keep opponents just at the limit of your range, no closer IMO. Unlike other Blasters, this guy doesn't splat in one direct hit, so if an Inkling gets in too close, you're a dead man. Enemy squids are gonna try to snake around your shots to get in for the close range, where unfortunately the slowish rate of fire, and precise coverage are gonna leave it outclassed by most other weapons. Don't ever be afraid to make a retreat with this weapon to get back to your spacing.

Do you prefer the standard Rapid Blaster or the Deco? For me it's not an easy decision. Suction bombs feel like they compliment the weapon better, but the Bubbler really covers its close range weakness.

3. WalnutCena 2.0

WalnutCena 2.0 Inkling

NNID:
    gladdys01
    Tbh I don't really have a favorite, depends on Gamemode and preference