Re: Scorch Gorge's Rework

DzNutsKong

Inkling Commander
SO! Today some stuff got announced on SplatoonJP's Twitter page. I would've completely missed this on my own, but Jared from Jackpot shared something interesting he noticed from one of these announcements...
image_2024-05-28_110145211.png
This block on Eeltail was already there before, but it's much taller now and it's not circled but there are grates on the sides of that bridge. They technically could be doing both of these to make it easier to attack people on and off of the bridge, but I think Nintendo hears our bigger complaints a lot more than people like to think they do. Case in point, literally just as I was typing this I was made aware of a screenshot from the Sizzle Season trailer on Discord...
1716909544048.png
Look at the bottom left of that image, beneath the grate bridge. Two blocks instead of one and they seem to have the intended purpose of getting you onto that left ledge. A lot of people said closer to the Sizzle Season trailer's launch that this didn't look like enough to fit the bill of even one of Nintendo's map reworks and I agreed at first, but this only pushes that more.

I get the feeling now that either this upcoming patch or the midseason one will introduce a bunch of smaller map adjustments just like the poles update near the start of the game. If I'm right and the general theme here is to improve how well you can move around certain maps, then that's gonna be an awesome update for us. If you're expecting they'll add new attacking routes to these maps or they'll make any walls paintable then I wouldn't get my hopes THAT high, but it technically isn't off the table.

If all of this is anything to go by, Nintendo might be getting a better grasp of how to make maps better for this game's competitive scene! Could end up being too little too late but I'm not complaining at all.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Looking at the scorch gorge image, doesn't it look like two blocks you can jump on to get to the enemy plat? That'd be a pretty convoluted fix to the map but, sure I guess? At least these changes look more meaningful than the ones they did last year, that's nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom