Remaining Grizzco Weapons

technobyte

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
Now that we have the grizzco roller, there are three potential grizzco weapons left for these classes: shooters, splatlings, and brushes. You could argue that grizzco blaster and grizzco roller satisfy the missing shooter and brush respectively, but who knows what Nintendo could do (plus it's fun to speculate about new weapons.)

One idea I had for the splatling was basically stingray from splatoon 2 as a main weapon (minus the wall piercing, sorry.) You charge and unleash a strong laser beam at long range that lets you mow down hordes of salmonids in mere seconds! Like the grizzco charger, it charges instantly as long as you have ink, but there's brief startup lag when you fire, and the less ink you have, the less range you have. This would still be pretty broken, so the other tradeoffs are really poor mobility while charging and firing (worse than hydra?) and it's harder to turn/adjust your aim while firing (like with stingray and crab tank.) It's not the best painter, and you'd need to find good positions to anchor yourself in to keep yourself safe and support your team from afar. Still, it could clean up the job site in the blink of an eye if handled well!

Before I turn into Sheldon, what ideas do you guys have for any of the missing 3 (at least for now) grizzco weapons?

Cephalobro

Site Moderator
Site Moderator
For the Grizzco Shot, I would make it have the range of a Charger and the shot spread of a N'Zap. It's supposed to be OP for a reason. The trade-off could be that it consumes ink so much quicker than any other shooter. Oh, and it would have the armor-piercing ability as well, because there's gotta be more weapons that would be the bane of Flyfish.

technobyte

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
For the Grizzco Shot, I would make it have the range of a Charger and the shot spread of a N'Zap. It's supposed to be OP for a reason. The trade-off could be that it consumes ink so much quicker than any other shooter. Oh, and it would have the armor-piercing ability as well, because there's gotta be more weapons that would be the bane of Flyfish.
I like it! It'd be really strong in a lot of situations like the regular splattershot and would feel nice to use while still demanding some skill, namely ink management. Would fit right in with the collection.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
i've always thought it would be a bit bland if the grizzco splatling was just the grizzco charger's gimmick but again. i've always loved the idea that a grizzco splatling would instead have the opposite gimmick; you have a very slow charge time, and a full charge requires literally 100% of your ink tank. you'd probably max out your range/power at half charge or so, and it would still be powerful with partial charges, encouraging you to get good at knowing how much of a charge you really need to do. should probably have a super stupidly fast firerate and hydra range or more, and for a bonus idea, it could also maybe have an extremely small penalty for continuing to charge when you're low on ink, meaning you could get away with trying to get a full charge even if you're empty. there's no weapons in the game that mess with an idea like that (mostly because giving a weapon almost no downtime would be a bad idea for pvp), but it would be a perfect fit for a grizzco weapon imo

technobyte

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
The concept of a weapon that not only uses your full tank in one charge but can still perform well without ink sounds really cool and super unique! I'd love if they did something like that!

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't really have a clear idea on what I would want for a Grizzco Brush but I do know I'd want it to pierce and have a similar fire rate to Octobrush.
Adding something new for rolling with the brush is tough though, not sure what you could give it that would let it stand out from the Grizzco Roller.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I don't really have a clear idea on what I would want for a Grizzco Brush but I do know I'd want it to pierce and have a similar fire rate to Octobrush.
Adding something new for rolling with the brush is tough though, not sure what you could give it that would let it stand out from the Grizzco Roller.
I feel like the Grizzco Brush will make a mockery of the brush class by having a ridiculously fast forward strafe speed and extremely slow movement while the brush is on the ground. The brush bump will be even higher damage than the Grizzco Roller and pierce armor.
This is the only way I can think of to make it distinct from the roller.

Yeenom

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/They
NNID
YeenBeans
Switch Friend Code
SW-6746-0504-4799
For the Shooter I can see them either basing it off of sploosh or just the regular splattershot. If they went the first way, it would have extremely low range, not as bad as the sploosh but nowhere near close enough to even poke. The trade off is that it does extremely fast damage with minimal lag. If it they did the second way then it'd basically just be a faster, longer-range splattershot with worse ink efficiency. The model would probably look a lot like the scrapped splattershot concept from Side Order's reveal trailer.

For the Splatling I think they'd probably do it the same way as the charger. There'd be a significantly shorter charge time and it could shoot for a good amount of time but while it's revving and shooting it'd move extremely slowly. The model would probably be based off of the Hydra as it fits the "industrial" vibe.

The Brush would be the opposite of the Roller, extremely fast swinging but slow rolling. The model would probably be it's own thing seeing as no currently existing Brush really fits that look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom