Remember When...

Umbriel_Umbra

Full Squid
NNID
umbrella720
Uhm...when did that end? :confused:
Well, that trend died pretty early... nowadays, you do see quite a few blasters, but more people use a variety of weapons such as the chargers, shooters, even the splatlings, and etc...

Anywho, Luna Blasters are put out of comission by any other blaster that has greater ranger, and just as decent AoE. I think people hyped it's set a bit much (Ink Mine / Inkzooka), and now it's kind of outclassed by the Neo counterpart and weapons that aren't even blasters who have specials like the Kraken

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Well, that trend died pretty early... nowadays, you do see quite a few blasters, but more people use a variety of weapons such as the chargers, shooters, even the splatlings, and etc...

Anywho, Luna Blasters are put out of comission by any other blaster that has greater ranger, and just as decent AoE. I think people hyped it's set a bit much (Ink Mine / Inkzooka), and now it's kind of outclassed by the Neo counterpart and weapons that aren't even blasters who have specials like the Kraken
Yeah, I was being a little sarcastic, but TC is still blaster heaven overall. Plus chargers and hydras and anything with a wall....but blasters are still pretty dominant there, and for good reason :)

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Remember when TW was fun and carefree and everyone tried to paint turf rather than using it as a practice room for getting splats? that was the game at its best... I didn't even touch ranked for months, it was just so fun spending all night, every night playing TW non-stop. I actually miss that part. That was Splatoon at its best.
I really do miss that. I used to be able to take an entire outfit that had no abilities unlocked on it, and still do just fine in Turf. Now, I would not dare go in with no abilities, because everyone else uses their perfect sets of clothing, so it would be hard to keep up.

And of course, Turf has such a different, more competitive vibe to it these days too. It really all started when the level cap increased in the 2.0 update. You would think all the level 50 players would not care so much about winning when it really means nothing now. For what it is, I still enjoy turf, but it used to be more pleasant for sure. Even back then, I didn't mind losing one bit, because it was all just so fun!

Speaking of abilities, remember when they were merely a secondary thing most players worried about in the game? Back before the best strategy was to stack like crazy, and save scum for competitive gear? Sure, it's nice to have great ability sets, it really is, but things were a bit more based on skill when abilities weren't the meta.

Award

And everyone thought they were the most OP/broken weapons in the game...until we all learned that it has the worst range of any weapon.
I still don't believe the range on lunas. The blast radius does way too much damage at the outside to really allow luna to be considered "short range." Try a sploosh, Jr, Aerospray, carbon, Krak-on, octobrush, inkbrush and a Luna, then decide which is "short range" :) Add in magic lag and it's definitely larger range than the official range lets on. I still think they should reduce the outside blast radius to match the radius of the other big blasters.

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
I still don't believe the range on lunas. The blast radius does way too much damage at the outside to really allow luna to be considered "short range." Try a sploosh, Jr, Aerospray, carbon, Krak-on, octobrush, inkbrush and a Luna, then decide which is "short range" :) Add in magic lag and it's definitely larger range than the official range lets on. I still think they should reduce the outside blast radius to match the radius of the other big blasters.
Although I gotta ask, does it feel like the Luna has more range recently? Every time I get splatted by one it's always from farther away than from where I'm used to.

Award

Although I gotta ask, does it feel like the Luna has more range recently? Every time I get splatted by one it's always from farther away than from where I'm used to.
They haven't officially boosted the range that they've noted. I think that's mostly the "magic lag". And with the large radius and knockback of a luna hit the magic lag means that if they seem out of range, they might still be able to stun then splat you. Carbon does that too but carbon is at least onko without the nasty knockback on the outside edge.

Also about range, did you know a luna, standing on the ground, aiming up at the doorway to the left-side lookout on Bluefin Depot can splat the squid inside that lookout door? Try that with a sploosh/Jr/Aero/roller/brush. Luna is ANYTHING but "short range" in real use ;)

@G1ng3rGar1 No need to remember, #SplooshRevoloosh is alive and well and I remind people of it often. Sploosh/Charger/Hydra main here ;)

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
They haven't officially boosted the range that they've noted. I think that's mostly the "magic lag". And with the large radius and knockback of a luna hit the magic lag means that if they seem out of range, they might still be able to stun then splat you. Carbon does that too but carbon is at least onko without the nasty knockback on the outside edge.

Also about range, did you know a luna, standing on the ground, aiming up at the doorway to the left-side lookout on Bluefin Depot can splat the squid inside that lookout door? Try that with a sploosh/Jr/Aero/roller/brush. Luna is ANYTHING but "short range" in real use ;)
Yeah I suppose, but even with lag you would think as long as you kept a safe distance you would be fine. I don't know. It's nothing infuriating; frustrating maybe, but I just find it strange.

And no I did not know that actually, next time we play that map in private battles you'll have to show me! That's something I need to witness for myself

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
Somewhat recently I was thinking about some of these things and also watched a test fire video haha.
I used to think that the best thing to do against a roller was to just jump over them and attack from behind :P
No one flicked their rollers back then.

I chose the charger in the test fire for the most part and I've always loved them, glad I stuck with it all the way through.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Speaking of abilities, remember when they were merely a secondary thing most players worried about in the game? Back before the best strategy was to stack like crazy, and save scum for competitive gear? Sure, it's nice to have great ability sets, it really is, but things were a bit more based on skill when abilities weren't the meta.
It still is based on skill. I mean you're not gonna get into S+ by stacking outrages amounts of swim speed or defense up. There's no point in having all of it if you can't make use of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom