• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

REMOVE HYDRA SPLATLING!!!!!!!! OMG I HATE IT!

Albino

Inkster Jr.
HYDRA SPLATLING IS DUMB AND STUPID AND BAD AND DUMB!

let’s be honest, does anyone actually enjoy sitting in the corner shooting at people? BECAUSE I DON’T! Apperently hydra players do! (DEMONS!)

Do you like it when your just trying to play salmon run and then you get stuck with a weapon that takes half the time limit to fully charge? BECAUSE I DON’T!

Do you like it when your doing super well in the front lines and some god forsaken hell rains on your pitiful future corpse? BECAUSE I DON’T!

Obviously hydra splatling is a disgrace. It only causes problems.
Infact! I didn’t even capitalize it out of disrespect in addition to that, I F .Y O U .P L A Y .H Y D R A .S P L A T L I N G ,. D O N ’ T .T A L K .T O .M E !

Cephalobro

It's so much worse when there are two of them and they both end up on the same team, no joke, I have recently experienced that and it really sucks to face two Hydra Splatlings, especially the Booyah Bomb variants because that's such an easy escape from being splatted. They are not easy to corner and splat, so why give it a special in which the user can just escape like that? I had the same problem with it having Splashdown back in Splatoon 2 and I remember it was infuriating as well.

#8 regret

Number 10,008
Pronouns
bup/it/she
NNID
gameruler2012
Switch Friend Code
SW-7261-2944-2031
Hydra Splatlings cause me untold amounts of agony. Seeing one on the enemy team just fills me with an indescribable bloodlust.

...Which especially sucks, since I play Splatana Wiper and it's hard to approach a Hydra Splatling, especially on maps like Hagglefish where there's only one route of approach. Pain.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Flank on the maps that have flanks. Think about what you could do differently, watch your replays from different perspectives, or even test the weapon yourself to memorize what it's capable of.

Use subs - in particular, #8 regret, if you're on wiper you have torpedoes which are highly annoying to most backlines. A hydra facing a torpedo has to redirect an existing charge, waste time starting over, or just take the hit. You can also just attack during the long, LONG charge time for a full volley - the Hydra is a slow weapon in all aspects.

Are there situations where a skilled Hydra can be highly oppressive, particularly on some of the smaller and straightforward maps? Absolutely. But no weapon is completely insurmountable. Complaining like this does nothing to get you ahead in the game.

NNID
ocelotprincess25
Switch Friend Code
SW-2098-0956-3400
well i love hydra splatlings, the distance is great, for me its kind of like a splatling e-liter, and i love e-liter, i just love long range weapons in general and the feeling of dominance of the map from afar >: )

TOD13

Full Squid
Pronouns
he/him
i feel like nintendo realized they made vanilla hydra underpowered in S2, and then decided to make it super overpowered in S3 by giving it booyah bomb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom