Reorganizing Favored Color-Chip Tones [Palette Spoilers]

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Just something I felt like doing, I'm taking each Primary/Secondary favored color chip and putting it on the palette with the main weapon and kit that ultimately suit it best. The following is a basic overview:

Pearl's Palette (Dualies): Mobility/Lucky
Marina's Palette (Brella): Drone/Support
Agent 4's Palette (Shot): Range/Lucky
Callie's Palette (Roller): Mobility/Power
Marie's Palette (Charger): Support/Range
Shiver's Palette (Stringer): Range/Drone
Frye's Palette (Splatana): Lucky/Power
Big Man's Palette (Slosher): Lucky/Support
Murch's Palette (Blaster): Power/Drone
Sheldon's Palette (Brush): Drone/Mobility
DJ Octavio's Palette (Splatling): Support/Mobility
Eight's Palette (Octo Shot): Power/Range

Now, for those who care, nuanced explanation:

First, the Mobility Chips. I picked Roller and Dualie for this because the former has a prominent rush attack, and the latter has two exclusive mobility chips. Mobility being on Brush makes sense, but it doesn't whatsoever on Stringer. I've given Mobility to the Splatling as a secondary tone because it's the most mobile out of the weapons that can roll Charge Storage, and Splash Wall deals rush damage.

Support was the next tone I took into consideration. I kept it on most of the palettes that already had it, but I also gave it to Brella since the weapon has two exclusive Support chips. I also made it less prominent on Slosher and more prominent on Splatling as the latter has significantly more options for Support chips.

For the Lucky chips, I made the most self-sufficient palettes favor them. That means Shot, Dualies, and Stamper, however it seemed like it would fit extremely well on Big Man's palette too, enabling sub- and special-spam in a different fashion.

Each palette that favors Power Chips is that way because the weapon is thematically powerful. Additionally, Splatana has an exclusive Horizontal Slash-Speed chip, and Murch's palette comes with a Wave Breaker that benefits from Sound-Wave Damage. As for it being the primary tone on Eight's palette... they're supposed to be pink. It's the correct color for the character.

That just left Drone and Range. I kept Range on most of its previous weapons with the exception of Blaster, and instead gave it to Eight's palette. Drone, meanwhile, ended up on just one of the weapons that has it currently. Drone is the wild card, it works for just about anything, however I tried to keep it on weapons that work well with their other favored tone since Drone chips aren't always available.

--=-=--

Thanks for reading the thread.
If you think a different chip layout would be better, feel free to share it.
Have a fantastic day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom