Rerolling Gear

StayPuft

Pro Squid
NNID
cellularSP
Man, even if you want triple subs for a favored ability, it's still only less than 3%? Maybe that's why I still can't get triple ink saver main on my green polo... after wasting many sea snails...

UGH

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
I wish I didn't spend the first Snails I got from the first Splatfest on the Scuba Mask. I was trying so hard to get triple damage ups on the sub abilities, then I learned about brands and how they affect what skills you get on them. Best I got is 2 damage ups and something else I can't remember Dx.
Damage up is actually not that great, you can read about why here. It really only helps charger users since it allows them to kill on a lower % of full charge. With other weapons it doesn't reduce the number of hits needed to kill so it does almost nothing.

Pyritie

Full Squid
NNID
Pyritie
Don't have one. Is it all that worth it for this trick?
You can just use any plain old USB stick.

Damage up is actually not that great, you can read about why here. It really only helps charger users since it allows them to kill on a lower % of full charge. With other weapons it doesn't reduce the number of hits needed to kill so it does almost nothing.
As a splash-o-matic main I like having damage up to deal with random opponents with 1 defense up

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
There is one often-overlooked way in which Damage Up can reduce the number of hits required to splat--namely, when you're using Burst Bombs in combination with your main weapon. For instance, in the case of the standard Splattershot, Damage Up can allow you to kill with a direct Burst Bomb hit and a single shot, whereas normally you would need to follow up the bomb with two shots. And if you take Burst Bomb grazes into consideration, there are even more thresholds you can aim for. (For instance, if you use the Slosher, Damage Up can make it so even the minimum graze damage from the Burst Bomb is enough for you to finish the job with a single slosh.) Really, due to the way Burst Bomb damage works, pretty much anything that uses them can benefit from Damage Up, but weapons like the Splattershot benefit even more.

It's also worth noting that since rollers are not affected by a damage cap (not even the individual pellets they fling), they actually can benefit from Damage Up. In this case, instead of reducing the number of hits needed to splat, it would instead increase the range at which the roller's ink fling could kill.

Lastly, as mentioned by Pyritie, there are a couple weapons that are particularly vulnerable to Defense Up, so a certain amount of Damage Up to counteract users of Defense Up is a wise investment for them. (This is particularly true in the case of the .52 Gal, since the two-shot splat is the main selling point of the weapon and it only takes one Defense Up main ability to nerf it down to a three-shot splat.)

TheElite711

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Elite
As a user of charger weapons, Damage Up is quite amazing! As people have said though, it has quite the many uses for various weapons with some being more beneficial than others.

Chiro

Inkster Jr.
It's called save scumming, using a trick of rotating saves using an external HD, you can rollback your save every time you spend all your rolls and don't get what you want to get all your rolls back.
Just an (bit of) off-topic question but is it still possible to save scum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom