• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Roy and Ryu Leak Confirmed

How do you feel about this?

• This is awesome! I'm glad Roy is DLC.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • This is great! I'm glad Ryu is being added as DLC.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • It's great to see them both joining Super Smash Bros.

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • I'm neutral.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Not really hyped for this.

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
How do they play? I'm in some car and can't check. Is Ryu Little Mac 2.0?

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
How do they play? I'm in some car and can't check. Is Ryu Little Mac 2.0?
From what I can tell, Roy's similar to how he was in Melee, with the center of his blade being more powerful than the tip (think anti-Marth) but with new attacks and animations, while Ryu can use weaker or stronger versions of his tilts and specials by tapping, pressing or pressing and holding the button (think Street Fighter 1) and you can cancel lighter attacks into stronger ones if they hit (or get shielded, I think), and you can use more powerful versions of his Hadouken, Shoryuken and Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku by using the Street Fighter special move motions with the left stick (quarter-circle-forward, forward-down-downforward, and quarter-circle-backward, respectively) AND you can use a multi-hitting Shakunetsu Hadouken by doing a half-circle-forward instead of a quarter-circle forward AND he has two different Final Smashes (does a really powerful Shin Shoryuken from right next to an opponent, shoots a large Shinkuu Hadouken otherwise). It looks kinda weird, and it probably is, but they've made Ryu play like a Street Fighter character in a Smash game.
So no, I don't thunk Ryu is another Little Mac (not sure how you meant that, but if you meant that Ryu would be useless in midair with a crap recovery, then I don't think so).
But I don't know for certain because Nintendo won't shut up and take my money.
That seems like an accurate picture of the eShop servers right now. Souldn't have let Ryu train near the servers, Nintendo.

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
Oh, thanks. I might play him a lot if he has good aeriel moves and an average recovery. Considering how much I liked doing Arisha's button inputs in Vindictus, I think I'll enjoy playing him. I liked Roy in Melee, but sadly, he sucks. I hope he turns out to be better than his Melee counterpart.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Oh, thanks. I might play him a lot if he has good aeriel moves and an average recovery.
You're in luck then, Ryu's aerials look good and his recovery's looking at least alright (Haouken floats a bit, Tatsumaki can make you go farther forward, Shoryuken is a good Up-B and doing the motion can make it invincible (though I'm not sure that applies in midair, or the whole way through), so it seems good, but I could be wrong).
I liked Roy in Melee, but sadly, he sucks. I hope he turns out to be better than his Melee counterpart.
Yeah, me too. But he looks stronger now (seriously, he has actual muscles instead of the noodle arms he had in Melee), quite a few of his attacks seem to have been changed up in some way (maybe just animations, but some seem faster and most seem stronger) and even if his sword's a bit shorter (it looks to be), that's not so bad for him since he's more about short-range than Marth (WHY IS FALCHION SO SHORT NOW).
Still dunno yet though, guess they're having trouble repairing the servers after Ryu kicked them to death.

EDIT:
Ryu is a great choice, but I'm not looking forward to Roy's return. The fact that we now have five Fire Emblem characters when DK only has two is ridiculous.
True, they really should've added Cranky Kong by now.

Last edited:

toadster101

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0022-0027-5937
Ryu is a great choice, but I'm not looking forward to Roy's return. The fact that we now have five Fire Emblem characters when DK only has two is ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom