• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

S&F Low Power - Now with Prizes - Finished

Filo ITA

Full Squid
NNID
FiloSNK
something wrong? are you saying is better than bubbler, inkzooka, splat bomb rush? even kraken, the kraken is still a useful panic button even if you're bad at getting kills with it and it's much better than echo (which is useless anyway if the opponent team is mostly composed of chargers and/or cold blooded users).

MintChipper

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TonyEH
something wrong? are you saying is better than bubbler, inkzooka, splat bomb rush? even kraken, the kraken is still a useful panic button even if you're bad at getting kills with it and it's much better than echo (which is useless anyway if the opponent team is mostly composed of chargers and/or cold blooded users).
I never said it was better than any of those, I feel like you're underestimating it is all. Somebody else can probably explain it better but echo is a very valuable part of a team, because it gives away people's positions, which is amazing. And if they don't have
Cold-blooded then whoopee free wallhacks.

Heisenberg

Inkling
NNID
JaimeRussels
You should probably add the standard splat charger/splatterscope to the ban list if the kelp variant is on there.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Updated OP banlist

I want to leave at least one proper charger on there and I think Kelp is too strong to be the one.
Wouldn't it be better to ban only the Splatterscope and leaving the Splat Charger as is? Splatterscope is usually seen as the better option out of the two.

scarth

Senior Squid
Based on the above strawpoll a final date of 27/28 Dec (Sun/Mon) 1pm EST start time has been decided
Maplist will be released in the next few days

HubandLux

Inkster Jr.
NNID
HubandLux
I love the idea for this tournement, though there are a few weird things about the banlist to me:

For one, the .52 Gal Deco shouldn't be here. I honestly think this is one of the weakest weapons in the game, just because its kit is argueably one of the worst in the game. Seekers are only good in RM and Inkstrike is just a worse version of Wail. Sure, the main weapon itself is solid, but without Wall + Wail, it isn't amazing. Same goes for the .96 Gal.

I feel like vanilla Carbon and L-3 Nozzlenose D should trade places, as people have already pointed out.

I also have an idea for the banned chargers: what about banning the ability Damage Up on them, as that's why they're so good. It's really rare to see someone run anything other than Damage Up on them, and I'd personally like to see how they'd fare in a tournament setting with that limit. Just food for thought.

That aside, this looks like it could be a blast, and I'd love to participate. Hopefully my teammates will feel the same.

ChaoticEnergy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Muscanator
I feel like vanilla Carbon and L-3 Nozzlenose D should trade places, as people have already pointed out.

I also have an idea for the banned chargers: what about banning the ability Damage Up on them, as that's why they're so good. It's really rare to see someone run anything other than Damage Up on them, and I'd personally like to see how they'd fare in a tournament setting with that limit. Just food for thought.
I agree with ^^^ those parts.

Albatross

Senior Squid
NNID
Zacrowski
L-3 D is fine being out because when people talk about L-3 they only ever bring up the L-3 D and pretend like the L-3 doesn't exist. A way to give the other version a chance.

Gi.

Senior Squid
NNID
OldboyNin
SquidKids is signed up

But I do not know how to edit, could you please include

SK | Kraken - ZSixTailSZ
SK | Argo - SamuraiMinis

Or let me know how and I'll do it

scarth

Senior Squid
SquidKids is signed up