Satisfying loss .

Redgiant18

Inkling
NNID
Redgiant18
Here's the story of a satisfying loss that I consider a win . So I was playing turf war with the new splash-o-matic because I was getting in some practice to record some game play for my YouTube channel . My last match of the night was on saltspray rig (one of my favorite maps ) as the match starts I immediately get frustrated because on my team there's 3 rollers. So I stick it out for the whole match trying to do my best . The match ends in a loss but I notice something kind of funny about the score . I have around 1050 points . I look at at the winning team and notice that the highest point on there team had about 1100 points . Which includes the 300 win bonus. That meant I did over 200 points more then the best person on the enemy team . I was very satisfied with the way I performed in that match and consider it a personal win even though we lost. Just thought I'd share my story with anyone else who has had this happen to them.

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
You're a better man than me. Regardless of my own successes, if I lose, my Gamepad is going out the window along with the cool points.

Redgiant18

Inkling
NNID
Redgiant18
You're a better man than me. Regardless of my own successes, if I lose, my Gamepad is going out the window along with the cool points.
Nah I can't really get mad if I played my best . Like I said I did better then the whole enemy team so that's a win in my book

iNinja5567

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
iNinja5567
This is one of the things I love about Splatoon. I lose usually 15% of the time, but I am always the best player on my team, and sometimes better than all players on the other team. I've gotten results like yours a couple of times, and I was never mad about losing, I just replayed and hoped I got better match-ups the next time.

sweetface

Inkster Jr.
NNID
badesire
Honestly I don't mind losing in Splatoon when it comes to turf wars. I think that goes to show just how fun the game is. Of course I want to win, who doesn't, but at the end of a match like you said if I tried my best it doesn't bother me much. I did what I could, I still get something out of it, and I still had fun.

Now ranked matches... those are a different story. That's usually when my sore loser side comes out. :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom