• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Satisfying loss .

Redgiant18

Inkling
NNID
Redgiant18
Here's the story of a satisfying loss that I consider a win . So I was playing turf war with the new splash-o-matic because I was getting in some practice to record some game play for my YouTube channel . My last match of the night was on saltspray rig (one of my favorite maps ) as the match starts I immediately get frustrated because on my team there's 3 rollers. So I stick it out for the whole match trying to do my best . The match ends in a loss but I notice something kind of funny about the score . I have around 1050 points . I look at at the winning team and notice that the highest point on there team had about 1100 points . Which includes the 300 win bonus. That meant I did over 200 points more then the best person on the enemy team . I was very satisfied with the way I performed in that match and consider it a personal win even though we lost. Just thought I'd share my story with anyone else who has had this happen to them.

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
You're a better man than me. Regardless of my own successes, if I lose, my Gamepad is going out the window along with the cool points.

Redgiant18

Inkling
NNID
Redgiant18
You're a better man than me. Regardless of my own successes, if I lose, my Gamepad is going out the window along with the cool points.
Nah I can't really get mad if I played my best . Like I said I did better then the whole enemy team so that's a win in my book

iNinja5567

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
iNinja5567
This is one of the things I love about Splatoon. I lose usually 15% of the time, but I am always the best player on my team, and sometimes better than all players on the other team. I've gotten results like yours a couple of times, and I was never mad about losing, I just replayed and hoped I got better match-ups the next time.

sweetface

Inkster Jr.
NNID
badesire
Honestly I don't mind losing in Splatoon when it comes to turf wars. I think that goes to show just how fun the game is. Of course I want to win, who doesn't, but at the end of a match like you said if I tried my best it doesn't bother me much. I did what I could, I still get something out of it, and I still had fun.

Now ranked matches... those are a different story. That's usually when my sore loser side comes out. :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom