• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Save Our Salmons - Speculation

Cephalobro

My first detailed speculation of 2020, I have been thinking about what Save Our Salmons on that picture could mean. I know I have made a post about it, but what I typed there was only the basic of what the story could mean.

It's really strange that a Splatoon new year's artwork would have something like that.

As we all know, Grizzco is very shady. The person who runs the business talks through a bear-shaped radio. Even when we get bonuses at the front, we don't even see a silhouette. Mr. Grizz is a very mysterious character. However, I think the current Salmonids are not normal because of bulging eyes that they have, maybe the murky water is what's affecting them negatively. This is not the first time that we didn't see what was kept a secret before. In Splatoon 1, there wasn't a concrete confirmation of male Octolings existing, but was confirmed by Splatoon 2 that they do exist. I can see the same for Salmonids, maybe the Golden Eggs are going to a breeder of some kind to have them hatch without being in the murky water. The water that we see in Salmon Run is dark green, not a good color for natural saltwater.

I do believe that the Octarians might have sent that signal, they have trade agreements with Salmonids after all. The Octarians give their technology to Salmonids, in exchange Salmonids give Power Eggs to Octarians. Something I have noticed when reading Marina's chatroom in Octo Expansion, is that after Marina says that some Octolings working for Grizzco, Pearl says "enemy of my enemy". Could there be a split between the Octarians in general and not just Octolings? After all, the developers did say that Octolings are going to be focused on in future Splatoon games. Maybe we save both Octarians and Salmonids from those who keep dragging them down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom