Save Scumming Splatfest Power

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
the Splatfest Top 100 is just people you have added as a friend its not the same for everybody I don't see a problem its not like its a worldwide leaderboard
The people you see on the Splatnet app are not the top 100. I'm using my Wii U so I can't link a picture, but the top 100 is an actual list from Nintendo of the players that had the highest splatfest powers on both teams (It was posted in the Splatfest thread). The top players had around 2000 points.
I had the top 100 next to my name on splatnet. My name later appeared on the top 100 list (the one published by nintendo). the ones you see on splatnet are the top 100 worldwide (or region to be more specific). they even explained it on the tumblr. if you see it next to their name on splatnet and they don't appear on the list, that means they were in the top 100, but later dropped out when someone got higher points than them.

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
I had the top 100 next to my name on splatnet. My name later appeared on the top 100 list (the one published by nintendo). the ones you see on splatnet are the top 100 worldwide (or region to be more specific). they even explained it on the tumblr. if you see it next to their name on splatnet and they don't appear on the list, that means they were in the top 100, but later dropped out when someone got higher points than them.
there is also a turf coverage adjustment, this is not factored till it is over. So that can cause someone to lose the 100 thing

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
Err there is a big point being missed here...

did anyone even try it? it does not even work well on top of things, like i had 1550 on sandcastle, 1650 ending (i got up to 1713 or so max) and my final ranking was 1623.
I only save scummed a single match during the splatfest, I played a few matches after that and it never reverted the score for me. I think you need to play at least one match after scumming so it can update the score on Splatnet.

Here is the thing.

They NEED to do something to rank carry and savescum rank because that DOES transfer to splatfest too.

if someone is B skill (1200?) in rank but savescum to s they start in 1600, end up getting teamed with me, and then have me have a headache for 3 minutes because they are making so bad judgment I rather put my head though a wall and it would be a less headache. IF Nintendo did not allow savescum/carry and started at 1200 and they try "savescum" for splatfest IT WOULD NOT BE A REAL ISSUE because they would not have the SKILL to pull off a high score in time. WE NEED TO DEAL WITH RANK CHEATING and dealing with that solves the splatfest problems. I think as others point out, seakingtheonixpected is missing big picture.

If nintedo fixes RANK savescum, then the ripple effect will go to splatfests and be more enjoyable. AFTER taking care of the rank issue, THEN we can see if splatfest scumming is an issue. You can't have 2 issues and try to pin the result of blame on only 1 issue.
Actually I think you are missing the big picture. Anyone who save scums splatfest likely also save scums ranked. Meaning the top 100 at the end of the splatfest is basically a list of rank save scummers.

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
I only save scummed a single match during the splatfest, I played a few matches after that and it never reverted the score for me. I think you need to play at least one match after scumming so it can update the score on Splatnet.

Actually I think you are missing the big picture. Anyone who save scums splatfest likely also save scums ranked. Meaning the top 100 at the end of the splatfest is basically a list of rank save scummers.
THE FINAL SCORE??? it will be different then what is said during the splatfest, and I think getting queen twice as a bit more then "just one mach" Also it would not update to my sandcastle score at all during splatfest. In fact that final score I got might of not even been my sandcastle score at all, but snowman + turf coverage adjustment, makes no sense why it would pull my score lower. (my alt got bossed from 1100 something to 1400)

For the second line... uhhhhh wat?

did you like take the time to fully read everything I said?

IF Nintendo did not allow savescum/carry and started at 1200 and they try "savescum" for splatfest IT WOULD NOT BE A REAL ISSUE because they would not have the SKILL to pull off a high score in time. WE NEED TO DEAL WITH RANK CHEATING and dealing with that solves the splatfest problems. I think as others point out, seakingtheonixpected is missing big picture.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom