• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

"Seabagging" your opponent

Newtonjar

Senior Squid
Sigh... it wouldn't be a multiplayer shooter without some form of disrespect I guess.

Hawk

Inkster Jr.
I'd never do that to a complete stranger, I always try to be nice online.
On 1vs1 matches with friends however...

Cherry

Inkster Jr.
Aw, really? This is a kid-friendly game;"squid bagging" is reminiscent of humping someone's dead corpse. Do you guys really want to promote necrophilia?

I also just find it incredibly dehumanizing and disrespectful, as a survivor of sexual assault/****. It's so not funny. It makes me feel sick, to be honest.

Jus' sayin.

TheElite711

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Elite
Whoever does this I think should drop in the ocean. Disrespectful (I know its the point) to your opponent and to your teammates who would rather see you actually do something productive instead of making yourself look stupid.

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
I guess I've offended someone. SO nevermind this post.

Last edited:

Cherry

Inkster Jr.
I Does it upset you? the next time you see this kid you're going to want to redeem yourself. maybe making you overlook some reason why you shouldn't. Seabagging somebody will usually result in, at least a little, a demoralization to the oposing. It's Mind games. It's the Meta.

Yes, it offends me, and a bunch of other people. But I think we should think about Why it is offensive.

Teabagging has sexual and violent undertones. It has absolutely no place in this game. Children play this. Women who have been ***** and sexually assaulted play this.

I play this game to relax and have fun. I don't want to think about/relive memories of my sexual assault and **** every time I see a dead player get humped.

Perhaps teabagging has a place in grittier, gory games whose player base is made up of mostly males and people who think sexual domination/humiliation is funny and not damaging. But it doesn't belong in Splatoon. We don't need to be teaching kids that humping people who don't have a say in whether they want to be humped or not is funny or cool.

I understand how the transformation animation looks "comical" ... But spamming it over a dead corpse looks undeniably sexual. It's wildly inappropriate. Please, have some respect for your fellow human beings and don't hump corpses.

Call me sensitive, but I have to stand up for survivors like myself.

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
Yes, it offends me, and a bunch of other people. But I think we should think about Why it is offensive.

Teabagging has sexual and violent undertones. It has absolutely no place in this game. Children play this. Women who have been ***** and sexually assaulted play this.

I play this game to relax and have fun. I don't want to think about/relive memories of my sexual assault and **** every time I see a dead player get humped.

Perhaps teabagging has a place in grittier, gory games whose player base is made up of mostly males and people who think sexual domination/humiliation is funny and not damaging. But it doesn't belong in Splatoon. We don't need to be teaching kids that humping people who don't have a say in whether they want to be humped or not is funny or cool.

I understand how the transformation animation looks "comical" ... But spamming it over a dead corpse looks undeniably sexual. It's wildly inappropriate. Please, have some respect for your fellow human beings and don't hump corpses.

NVM

WhiteShiningDiamond

"We are the Crystal Squids!"
NNID
foxyfoxy90
Wow you guys are taking this waaaaay to seriously. I think it's hilarious, 'cuse it's stupid looking, Also it gives me a rival so its extra funny when I fry 'em up and win the game.

Heart of Ice

Semi-Pro Squid
There was a guy that started to seabag me during splatfest. He hadn't even gotten off the 3rd crouch all of the way, before my teammate immediately killed him.

Toaster

Senior Squid
Wow you guys are taking this waaaaay to seriously. I think it's hilarious, 'cuse it's stupid looking, Also it gives me a rival so its extra funny when I fry 'em up and win the game.
^This^

I just break out into laughter when someone kidsquids when they splat me, its so funny looking to be honest I don't see why people compare it to teabagging...

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I try to be a good sport when I play, but for example, this last splatfest there was an aggressive player doing it to me and my team so I did it when I splatted him and boy he was so mad he kept hunting me the entire match. I do prefer everyone playing nice or just goofing off. You actually see much less of it in high ranks either because its a waste of time/makes you vulnerable, but people tend to have better tempers/more respect higher up (which is also why disconnects are so rare in higher ranks as well.)

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
I only squidbag folks when...
I face off against a player who truly deserves it (no-chill Carbon Roller players for example)

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
"Seabagging" shows a lack of class. Plain and simple.
Nothing good ever comes out of it and all it will do in the end is anger your opponent.

Reactions: Rex

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano

I'm sorry about your experience with sexual assault, and I hope you're doing alright...but I don't think this is as big a deal as you make it out to be. You said it yourself, the animation looks comical. I don't think anybody's first thought is that it's sexual. It's an animation that looks funny when done really fast over and over again. People do it all the time in other games. The only way one could perceive sexual undertones is if someone told them beforehand, and even then, I doubt it's used in a sexual way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom