• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Seasonal Events?

noahk777

Senior Squid
NNID
noahgk
I'd imagine that certain holiday events would be region-exclusive, like how it is in Animal Crossing.

But the idea of overall seasons and seasonal events sounds really fun! I'd imagine they'd be more of holiday-theme SplatFests more than anything.
Except that these events are a ONLINE event, so its worldwide.

I'd be so hyped for maps decked out with pumpkins and ghosts and stuff for an Inky Halloween. Please. This is all I want.

AND Halloween costumes for Inklings!!!???!?!?!?! :scared:

Please. Squid-God. Please.
There probably won't be these events for religious holidays. But we probably will get costumes, since they don't clash with another event going on.

gameonion

Full Squid
NNID
gameonion
Except that these events are a ONLINE event, so its worldwide.

There probably won't be these events for religious holidays. But we probably will get costumes, since they don't clash with another event going on.
There are region-exclusive events in AC too, and they can be played online as well.

Maybe they have special servers for stuff like this?

noahk777

Senior Squid
NNID
noahgk
There are region-exclusive events in AC too, and they can be played online as well.

Maybe they have special servers for stuff like this?
But with that, if you have a no-Christmas version, it only works if you go to the town of somebody who has Christmas. But here, you don't have your own special servers, you just have your one big server.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Yes, but because Animal Crossing is a slow and peaceful game, its able to have more than one of these events happening at once, so it can cater to all major religions. Splatoon can only really have one event at a time.
They'd probably just have the event all December or for two weeks or even make it a SplatFest (Since SplatFests have special T-Shirts so maybe they'd also include winter hats) and they'd probably make a fictional squid holiday based on the holiday season to keep it neutral.

Stuff like this happens all the time in games and such- some holidays are universal or have an equivalent holiday at the same time and it would be a lot of fun, but even if a region didn't celebrate it then no problem- we know the SplatFest servers will be region specific because the teams are different in each region being dog/cats, pop/rock, bread/rice.

noahk777

Senior Squid
NNID
noahgk
They'd probably just have the event all December or for two weeks or even make it a SplatFest (Since SplatFests have special T-Shirts so maybe they'd also include winter hats) and they'd probably make a fictional squid holiday based on the holiday season to keep it neutral.

Stuff like this happens all the time in games and such- some holidays are universal or have an equivalent holiday at the same time and it would be a lot of fun, but even if a region didn't celebrate it then no problem- we know the SplatFest servers will be region specific because the teams are different in each region being dog/cats, pop/rock, bread/rice.
Actually, in the EU direct it showed both Pop/Rock and Dog/Cat. So its not different servers.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Actually, in the EU direct it showed both Pop/Rock and Dog/Cat. So its not different servers.
But the EU one is pop/rock and they mentioned future SplatFests will feature other questions like which do you like better? dogs/cats. The first SplatFest at the very least features a regional specific question. Unless they merge unrelated teams in different regions (For example on left side button pushers vs. all right side button pushers) then the SplatFest servers are region-specific.

noahk777

Senior Squid
NNID
noahgk
But the EU one is pop/rock and they mentioned future SplatFests will feature other questions like which do you like better? dogs/cats. The first SplatFest at the very least features a regional specific question. Unless they merge unrelated teams in different regions (For example on left side button pushers vs. all right side button pushers) then the SplatFest servers are region-specific.
They will be together. Even if its at different times, it'll be worldwide, with the left VS right thing. I mean, its an online game, they wouldn't stop you playing with people outside of your continent. Also, what if a single place had more than one holiday at the same time?

Jawson

Inkling
NNID
Nukingsman
This game is so "summer-ery" it's amazing.

It's gonna be pretty jarring playing this in winter. o_O

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
They will be together. Even if its at different times, it'll be worldwide, with the left VS right thing. I mean, its an online game, they wouldn't stop you playing with people outside of your continent. Also, what if a single place had more than one holiday at the same time?
The US direct said 'People cross the Americas" so Splatfests, at least the first one is region based as far as we know- there is also the fact none of the SplatFests fall on the same day (JPN: 6/13 18:00- 6/14 18:00; UK/EUR: 6/27 18:00- 6/28 18:00; NA: 6/20 6:00-6/21 6:00)

Also not many places have large holidays at the same time other than the Holiday season and even then, like we said before, that's a whole different can of worms. There's stuff like Brazil's carnival which changes every year when its held along with Easter because of the Spring Equinox, but Nintendo pulled support from Brazil anyways...

At the very most the squids might have their own Winter Holiday but even then the dev team might not want to mess with it. We might get themed SplatFest questions per region and maybe themed gear which seems much more plausible.

Chocoling

Pro Squid
NNID
Mystical-Tabby
[Spoilers] dont know how to tag something as spoilers... sorry

During the final boss in the EU version, if you replay it - the squid sisters mention Squidmas (christmas) so a christmas themed event in the EU version is not ruled out.

DusK-The-Stray

Inkling
NNID
DusKTheStray
I would love for areas to reflect seasonal changes like the Animal Crossing track in Mario Kart 8. Honestly, I'd splat someone to see these stages strung up on Christmas lights, a very autumn look or even (well-light) night version of stages with Halloween decorations.

Yes, yes, I know about the whole religion thing, I just want to see everything look festive and even more colorful. Like the Fourth of July thing TheRapture said.

Edit: Actually, any festival would do for me as long as the map looks like an even bigger party than it already is.

Last edited:

OmegaDivider

Squid Sisters Fanboy
NNID
OmegaDivider
Squidmas, please!

And for anyone pulling the religion card. Please, show me which religion celebrates Squidmas, the same Squidmas that lasts from December 12-30 (or whenever they decide to make the event)

noahk777

Senior Squid
NNID
noahgk
Squidmas, please!

And for anyone pulling the religion card. Please, show me which religion celebrates Squidmas, the same Squidmas that lasts from December 12-30 (or whenever they decide to make the event)
Your argument against the regilion card is so bad, but at the same time just so amazing.

Chaozrush21

Full Squid
NNID
dotmae
I would want it for the sake of the hoildays puns.
Inksgiving, Squidmas, Seaween, ect. They're many Squid puns that need to made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom