sevenleaf's plaza post archive ('cause you'll never see 'em in-game)

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
huh! yeah i’m like by no means popular on twitter, but i have a circle of mutuals over there who tend to like/sometimes retweet my plaza posts, so if it really only takes a few reactions i guess i have been way too pessimistic. seeing the same set of people in the plaza virtually all the time gave me the impression you had to be like, twitter famous or wildly lucky to be seen in other people’s plazas

and thank you!! i feel like i’m finally getting the hang of using the limited tools the post feature gives me, so i definitely wanna draw posts more often
I suck at drawing, I want an electronic drawing pad for some reason

Hokuto

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/he/ze
Switch Friend Code
SW-5561-7608-9695
From what I've experienced, it only takes about three reactions on Twitter for a post to get in. It only takes one reaction if no one's really posting that day.

Sometimes Nintendo also appears to intervene. If they wanna show something off, they'll lock it in. During the greetings Splatfest, my stuff was locked in twice even though I only got one like on both. That was during the time I tried out Splatoon NA. Goes to show ya', it's worth trying to get in!

So yeah, you draw really nice stuff, so please keep posting! I love what you drew this time, too! :D
This is strangely encouraging to know, despite the fact that Splatoon 3 is dropping Twitter integration in a couple of weeks and my refusal to use New Twitter. I hope the next plaza post system makes more sense off the bat. I didn't even figure out until embarrassingly recently that you actually have to post posts and have them engaged with in order for people to see them. And sorry to hijack your thread, Sevenleaf.

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
i wouldn’t even call it hijacking tbh, we were talking about the posting system. you’re good!
yeah, I even never tried again to post stuff until a few weeks back before I got grounded

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
im back

june 22, 2024:

been wanting to do a pride-y post all month but i couldn't quite figure it out. wanted to do something with my other 3 agent OCs (i'm a 96 shipper as far as my own agents go) but i couldn't decide on how i wanted to fit all three of 'em in the tiny space we have for posts and have it like... read as 'this is a polycule and not just three cephalopods standing next to each other'. hint: for my non-plaza-post art i have Needs Really Big Canvas Disease i will open a 1000x1000 canvas in paint tool sai and go Ough this is too small

eventually i just decided to draw my neo3 again. i even let her smile for once ❤ ofc the issue with more 'subtle' pride art like this in plaza posts is that... uh... we have two colors to work with. so hopefully that phone charm reads moderately well lol

EDIT: LOL I FORGOT TO MENTION i accidentally posted this at first without making it vertical so i had to go in and post it again 😭 hopefully the post system only counts one active post per user or smth and doesn't clone my weirdgirl

Last edited:

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
Have you seen some of mine yet?

They are

Hru? I'm good and X is gone!

(note that the second one in this reply was the first one that i posted)

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
Have you seen some of mine yet?

They are

Hru? I'm good and X is gone!

(note that the second one in this reply was the first one that i posted)
i don't think i've seen any from you 😔 though admittedly i don't always fully scan the plaza to see all posts before i jump into matches. maybe i should, who knows how much i've been missing

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
i don't think i've seen any from you 😔 though admittedly i don't always fully scan the plaza to see all posts before i jump into matches. maybe i should, who knows how much i've been missing
Yeah, ya should've seen me yesterday on S2, it was a rush wave on high tide and I was the only one left so I decided to jump off the edge and end my misery, also I also manslaughtered a level 50 player by accident

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
hi i stopped making Posts for a while again in part because of post-artfight art burnout and in part because my left joycon stick disappeared and i wasn't sure how annoying making posts without an entire stick would be. turns out the most annoying thing is that i have to use my procon to get to the postbox, but once i'm there i don't really need the L stick. this is really obvious in hindsight. anyway

september 6, 2024:
splatoon 3 plaza post depicting a group of three inkfish (two inklings, one octoling) and another octoling having a conversation; the inkling in the middle of the group of three clasps her hands together and says, “We’re Team Future because we see a bright future for… for us. Where these past years are far bring us, and we can sit on our porch and reminisce in rocking chairs. You know?” the other octoling they’re talking to replies, “But you can do all that today… you can go to SQUIKEA [squid IKEA] and buy three rocking chairs today… right?”

“…you’re not banned from SQUIKEA too, right, Agent 8?”

yknow i kinda wish i could preview in-game what my post would actually look like to other people in the plaza(s) because i actually have no idea how legible all that text is in-game. but the tiny pixel text was the only way i could fit this idea in a plaza post. so here we are ig, say hello to... all my agent ocs this time (the squids exist too!)

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
2 DAY STREAK
september 7, 2024:
splatoon 3 plaza post of an inkling with messy, uneven tentacles wearing the heavy-duty slopsuit and holding a grizzco roller; she has a blank expression, and her eyes are partially obscured by shadow

i really need to Post more often. working within the constraints of the posting system is honestly pretty fun. anyway, this is the same oc from the last post featured in the start of this thread, who has been having a normal one ever since springfest 👍

...i'm realizing i forgot her glasses. but like... girl do you wear glasses with your slopsuit? maybe this wasn't a mistake actually

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
hi i stopped making Posts for a while again in part because of post-artfight art burnout and in part because my left joycon stick disappeared and i wasn't sure how annoying making posts without an entire stick would be. turns out the most annoying thing is that i have to use my procon to get to the postbox, but once i'm there i don't really need the L stick. this is really obvious in hindsight. anyway

september 6, 2024:
splatoon 3 plaza post depicting a group of three inkfish (two inklings, one octoling) and another octoling having a conversation; the inkling in the middle of the group of three clasps her hands together and says, “We’re Team Future because we see a bright future for… for us. Where these past years are far bring us, and we can sit on our porch and reminisce in rocking chairs. You know?” the other octoling they’re talking to replies, “But you can do all that today… you can go to SQUIKEA [squid IKEA] and buy three rocking chairs today… right?”

“…you’re not banned from SQUIKEA too, right, Agent 8?”

yknow i kinda wish i could preview in-game what my post would actually look like to other people in the plaza(s) because i actually have no idea how legible all that text is in-game. but the tiny pixel text was the only way i could fit this idea in a plaza post. so here we are ig, say hello to... all my agent ocs this time (the squids exist too!)
I think I need to go to IKEA for ideas or please help me choose, I have a theory that the grand fest is going to be whatever team wins is going to affect Splatoon 4

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
I think I need to go to IKEA for ideas or please help me choose, I have a theory that the grand fest is going to be whatever team wins is going to affect Splatoon 4
it absolutely will, but i think a lot of people are trying too hard to figure out exactly how the grandfest winner will affect splatoon 4. a lot of theories i've seen leave this gap where team present is, and i don't think the splatoon devs would do a next-game-affecting fest where the possible outcomes are "cool thing!/more of the same/cool thing!" yknow? so i decided to completely cast that aside when picking a team

anyway i've never actually been to an ikea, i just make jokes and stare longingly at this thing

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
it absolutely will, but i think a lot of people are trying too hard to figure out exactly how the grandfest winner will affect splatoon 4. a lot of theories i've seen leave this gap where team present is, and i don't think the splatoon devs would do a next-game-affecting fest where the possible outcomes are "cool thing!/more of the same/cool thing!" yknow? so i decided to completely cast that aside when picking a team

anyway i've never actually been to an ikea, i just make jokes and stare longingly at this thing
Ok, I meant for the ikea thing to be a joke and not hoping to see someone post a link to ikea.com

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
been getting really into posting lately

september 10, 2024:
splatoon 3 plaza post of two inklings sitting together under a night sky, both smiling; one has messy, shoulder-length tentacles, some stubble, light freckled skin, and is wearing a layered shirt and glasses; the other wears their hair in a style resembling the in-game ‘cornrows’ style, but tied back into pigtails, and they have darker skin than the other inkling and they are wearing a hoodless sweatshirt

so i originally conceptualized this as a Splatfest Post and it was gonna have some text somewhere like
"let's focus on the present this time."
but that ended up not really working composition-wise so i saved and exited, reopened it as just a Regular Post, and kept going. this was partially an excuse to practice value/dithering

these are ocs from the over-ambitious fancomic about in-universe comp splatoon that i may or may not actually write/draw someday!

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
yknow now that i'm only posting one at a time putting the date before all my posts matters less but it's format at this point

september 14, 2024:
splatoon 3 plaza post depicting two octolings; one, on the left, is leaning forward and looking ahead excitedly, and the other is smiling with one hand on the other’s shoulder and the other holding a team present fan. they are both wearing the now or never cap, both have freckles, and they have similar facial features; the octoling on the left is a young girl wearing an oversized team present tee, and the one on the right is an older man with a pierced ear and nose wearing a jacket over his splatfest tee. they are on an abstract background resembling an ink pattern

father-daughter bonding. yay (what's the proportion of oc posts that have my neo3 in them to oc posts that don't? lol)

this was originally gonna have a non-abstract background depicting the festival grounds, but i quickly realized i was too lazy for that...

...in other words, i should probably actually play the fest now that i've made another Post. there is another idea for one floating in my head but idk if i'll do that one before the fest ends. we'll see!

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
if i had a nickel for every 2 DAY STREAK post that just features tess taniguchi i would have 2 nickels
september 15, 2024:
splatoon 3 plaza post depicting an inkling with torn tentacles - like a longer version of the ‘bedhead’ hair - wearing round glasses, a party hat, and a team present shirt over a fishnet top; they are holding up one finger and grinning uneasily at the camera. they say, “Say no to the passage of time! Time legally cannot march forward without your consent!”

this actually wasn't the other idea i mentioned (i decided that was a little too high-concept and dark for a splatfest post lol) but it's one more! now i can focus on playing the game

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
aw i broke my streak
september 17, 2024:
splatoon 3 plaza post of two inklings hugging; the one who seems to be initiating the hug, on the right, has ruffled tentacles and is wearing a party hat, a team present shirt over a fishnet top, and jeans; the other, on the left, is shorter and smaller, and is wearing a beanie, a team future shirt & wristband, and generic black pants. the inkling on the right is facing away from the camera; the inkling on the left is facing the camera, and they have discolored skin around their right eye, uneven bangs covering their left eye, and a tear rolling down their left cheek. they are on a solid black background

this actually took me so unnecessarily long because i kept erasing and redoing parts of it. working with 1 layer and no ability to select and drag is hard for standard issue bargain bin digital artist no.57498357 👍 the anatomy still feels wonky and at several points i was like "i should redo this completely" but by the time i was thinking that i had spent so much time on it that i sunk cost fallacied my way to the end

that's the same oc as in a few previous recent posts i've made (right) + my highly canon-divergent captain 3 (left, if you couldn't tell by the eye). they're cousins, which might be a bit of a Reveal™ to folks who know some, but not all, of my splat oc lore. or maybe that'll mean nothing to anyone, idk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom