share your challenge ideas

ruccsacc

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1299-9210-6035
solution to grizzco charger is to make it deal 95-99 damage. i don't think it would actually solve it but making it a really strong bamboo rather than a really strong e-liter would at least be marginally more manageable. also itd be funny
if we wanna make it a strong bamboo then you'd have to nerf its range too cause pretty much all of its aspects are ridiculous

Alver

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1323-7424-9813
as disappoiting of a feature as challenges are with the time gating and all, i still think they are a super fun and unique feature with tons of potential. that being said, a lot of challenges so far have been pretty meh, so i'd like to see what everyone hopes to see as a challenge in the future.
I personally am hoping for a splatoon 2 specials challenge to be introduced in the next season, since its splatoon 2 themed most likely. alongside that, i want to see modified versions of zones and clams, since we already got ones for tower and rainmaker.
Ok listen to this, random weapon, random sub, random special, all 200p, it's the most fun thing it could ever exist.

ruccsacc

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1299-9210-6035
I would love if some or all of the map was replaced with the ice from that one hub world area in story mode
oh yea the ice mechanics are so underutilized i think it would be pretty fun if they somehow incorporated it into challenges or even a stage gimmick (in a way that isn't too annoying at least)

Mjmannella

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-6515-6020-5729
I think a Challenge where everyone's using a Rainmaker could be very Silly. They could put it on a mode like Turf War or Tower Control

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
I would have a challenge where a stage like humpback or eeltail had high tide like during salmon run or big run limiting the amount of space there was to paint and move. It could be turf, or maybe rain or tower depending on the stage

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
My favorite challenge ideas I've heard around my circles (which I judge mostly on how potentially hilarious and/or ridiculous they could be to play and not necessarily if they are balanced or actually feasible in any way):
  • Sub weapons only (ink recovers more quickly)
  • Weapons do no direct damage, but touching enemy ink on the ground makes you take cumulative damage that stacks quickly
  • All Anarchy Objectives At The Same Time
  • Too Many Ultra Stamps (unsure which mode this would be funniest in)
  • Splat Zones but the zone randomly moves to another area of the map each time it's captured
  • Clam Blitz but the clams try to move away from you like tentakooks and you have to herd/corner them in order to pick them up
  • Dualies only and it's on maps with lots of edges to easily dodge roll off of
  • Ink storms (in a third color that harms both teams) occasionally spawn at certain locations throughout the game

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
The Rainmaker challenge we just had was suuuch wasted potential with the fact they put it on Turf War, I want to see that challenge but with the Rainmaker spawning in like, Clams or Zones or something (...probably not Tower). Or Splat Zones where instead of one or two zones, there's a bunch of smaller ones scattered around the map, and you just have to control the most zones rather than all of them. Would this be fun? Oh no way. It'd be funny though

I also want a Kraken only challenge, but only once we've got more Kraken weapons, because I don't like any of the ones we have right now lol, and I'd also like to see the high swim speed challenge return, but on a different map/mode combo, since I really didn't like the one we had

gay4bigman

Full Squid
Pronouns
he/it
Switch Friend Code
SW-4380-0270-6060
shuffling your teams weapons and gear between each other? probably sounds lame but i think it would be fun lol

ikebro

Senior Squid
Pronouns
any/pronouns
everyone has to play a weapon with a specific sub weapon, and every player is automatically given a ton of ink saver sub + sub power up (aka make them extremely cheap and overpowered)
would be fun with splat bombs, would be downright stupid with ink mines, the potential is endless

Cptbobdude

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4355-3949-0494
It would be crazy hard to code but if every time you get splatted your weapon changes

nineball

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/him
any anarchy mode but with friendly fire. totally nothing bad can come of this, right?

(bodyblocked splatlings will finally get the justice they deserve! uhh i mean booyah!)

Shortcake

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1636-2040-6048
everyone's main weapon is replaced by X
the kit is whatever you're actually using

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
All Sprinklers challenge but the sprinklers have twice the range and target opponents.
All Splash Wall challenge but you can throw the walls like bombs.
All Curling Bomb challenge but the bombs explode on contact with a wall or enemy.

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
booyah bomb weapons only challenge on flounder and robo rom-en
clam blitz but the basket is always open
and all sloshers in rainmaker on makomart and flounder
I would prefer zones but I think that'll just turn into a game of trying to outpaint an explo, blob, and dread with zones cheese so no thanks

guster-animations

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/them
All Sprinklers challenge but the sprinklers have twice the range and target opponents.
All Splash Wall challenge but you can throw the walls like bombs.
All Curling Bomb challenge but the bombs explode on contact with a wall or enemy.
how would the sprinklers target opponents?? would they just… fly towards them
also curling used to kill opponents when it hit them (insert skull emoji) every user of a weapon with curling bomb is looking at this and saying “thanks for the reminder dude”

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
everyone has zipcaster at all times

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom