share your challenge ideas

lucassaur0

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2099-7367-0992
as disappoiting of a feature as challenges are with the time gating and all, i still think they are a super fun and unique feature with tons of potential. that being said, a lot of challenges so far have been pretty meh, so i'd like to see what everyone hopes to see as a challenge in the future.
I personally am hoping for a splatoon 2 specials challenge to be introduced in the next season, since its splatoon 2 themed most likely. alongside that, i want to see modified versions of zones and clams, since we already got ones for tower and rainmaker.

Tableturfer

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1759-0136-2311
Communist Clam Blitz (Nintendo is too cowardly to ever call it this).

It's just like regular Clam Blitz, except we all share the same basket.

How does that work? Very chaotically.
It'd probably need to be made so throwing clams in doesn't delay the basket going back up, but otherwise that one simple change creates an entirely new dynamic for the mode. Opening the basket becomes a risk/reward scenario that your team may not win out on.

lucassaur0

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2099-7367-0992
Turf but water floods the map. Add a few inflatable platforms for movement and I think it'd be goated

If screen ever gets fixed through I do think one where the leading team gets blinded could be fun
i really hope we get a map that works like that instead of just a challenge, kind of like mahi but instead of the water level permanently going down, it could randomly change every minute or so, with the salmon run tide bar as a warning

lucassaur0

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2099-7367-0992
Communist Clam Blitz (Nintendo is too cowardly to ever call it this).

It's just like regular Clam Blitz, except we all share the same basket.

How does that work? Very chaotically.
It'd probably need to be made so throwing clams in doesn't delay the basket going back up, but otherwise that one simple change creates an entirely new dynamic for the mode. Opening the basket becomes a risk/reward scenario that your team may not win out on.
thats another really chaotic idea for a clams challenge, i think this one would be much more goofy and chaotic but plant`s idea is more balanced, tho i could see them doing either

ruccsacc

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1299-9210-6035
Mr Grizz should smuggle his weapons into Splat Zones
I've been wanting for a challenge where we get random grizzco weapons, that would be hella unbalanced and chaotic. stuff like grizzco stamper which is amazing at clearing salmon would prob be bad cause of its lack of range, meanwhile grizzo charger would dominate. stuff like stringer, blaster, brella, and dualies would have ridiculous dps potential too

EnigmaZV

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-3546-2843-0897
They don't need to be balanced. As long as both sides have the same random comp, it'll even out, and it's just for a couple of hours, so if it's terrible, it's not the end of the world

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
They don't need to be balanced. As long as both sides have the same random comp, it'll even out, and it's just for a couple of hours, so if it's terrible, it's not the end of the world
grizz charger on both teams would make the match literally unplayable so im not sure there's a world where the experiment plays out well. doesnt really even out because both teams have an equal chance of winning, but neither team gets to play.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
solution to grizzco charger is to make it deal 95-99 damage. i don't think it would actually solve it but making it a really strong bamboo rather than a really strong e-liter would at least be marginally more manageable. also itd be funny

drwatson

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2514-7147-4516
They should have one where cooler buff is always active for both teams.

It would be unbalanced, but they've also done the all roller challenge, where Dynamo has a positive matchup against every other option. So I don't think they really care about balance for challenges

lucassaur0

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2099-7367-0992
They should have one where cooler buff is always active for both teams.

It would be unbalanced, but they've also done the all roller challenge, where Dynamo has a positive matchup against every other option. So I don't think they really care about balance for challenges
i can 100% see them doing this since we have already had a max swim speed challenge

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom