Sheldon's Picks for Splatoon 2?!

volty-L

Inkling
You've been tasked with proposing weapon variant ideas for the new iteration of Sheldon's Picks!

You can design variant(s) of any weapon in Splatoon 2 - take a base, and add new subs and specials. You could name it too!
But: trends have moved on since the last iterations, so you can't propose revamps of the Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 weapons - that meaning you can't create a new weapon of the same name or subs and specials. (though since all the specials bar Bomb Rushes are gone, same specials applies to the "kin" specials e.g. Bubbler and Ink Armour).

Apart from that, there are no restrictions. Create something fresh, something meta-worthy, or something simply overpowered.

---

A few of my creations would be:
"Deluge E-liter 4K" - Sprinkler and Tenta Missiles
"Ink Theory Splattershot Pro" - Splash Wall and Splat Bomb Launcher

Berry

Senior Squid
NNID
BlazzBerry
Durian Dualies
Splat dualies - Suction bomb and Stingray

Violet Range blaster
Range blaster - Curling bomb and Burst Bomb Rush

Coral Squiffer
Squiffer - Burst bomb and Baller

Just a few I've thought about lately.

Berry Splattershot Pro pls pls pls bring it back.

the

Inkling Commander
Gilded E-Liter 4k!! With suction bombs and baller. I’d like an eliter that can fight at at least mid-range, or have some kind of getaway tool. (The appearance would be an E-liter except all the metallic parts are gold)

Sunrise Heavy Splatling (a red-orange-yellow recolor of the Heavy splatling)
It would have CURLING BOMBS for better mobility (that would be so good on a long range splatling why isn’t it in the game already) and INK ARMOR, in case someone trips you up during a getaway (or just to help you and your team push)

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Not gonna be creative enough to think up special names for the sets, sry

-Tenta Brella:
Burst Bombs + Inkstorm

-Goo Tuber:
Sprinkler + Tenta Missles

-E4K:
Sprinkler + Burst Bomb Rush

-Heavy Splatling:
Splat Bomb + Inkjet

-Splattershot Pro:
Beakons + Autobomb Rush
Sprinkler + Ink Armor

Dualie Squelcher:
Ink Mine + Curling Bomb Rush

Dapple Dualies:
Splat Bomb + Ink Armor

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
Splatoon 1 had the Splat Charger\Splatterscope, Kelp and Bento variants. Their subs were Splat Bombs, Sprinkler, and Splash Wall respectively.

Splat Bombs and Splash Wall have been accounted for by the Splat and Firefin, so for old time's sake I would give this hypothetical third kit the Sprinkler for its sub.

For the special, my first choice would be Ink Armor, but that's a bit too easy. Ink Storm would be good, splashdown and baller too. I guess I'd really like to see bubble blower though.

A Charger/Scope with Sprinklers and Bubble Blower.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Dynamite (Splat) Brella with Burst Bomb and Baller

Hot Glooga Dualies with Burst Bomb and Tenta Missiles

Fire Hydrant Splatling with Splash Wall and Sting Ray

Classic Slosher with Burst Bomb and Ink Storm

Classic Roller with Suction Bomb and Sting Ray

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Dynamite (Splat) Brella with Burst Bomb and Baller

Hot Glooga Dualies with Burst Bomb and Tenta Missiles

Fire Hydrant Splatling with Splash Wall and Sting Ray

Classic Slosher with Burst Bomb and Ink Storm

Classic Roller with Suction Bomb and Sting Ray
Your Slosher and Brella would be so broken lol.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Here are some ideas I have for Sheldon's Picks weaponry:
  • Fresh Breath Dapple Dualies with Curling Bombs and the Bubble Blower (210p)
  • Teriyaki Goo Tuber with Splash Wall and Ink Armor (200p)
  • Calligrapher's Flingza Roller with Sprinkler and Ink Storm (200p)
  • White Chocolate Jet Squelcher with Suction Bombs and Inkjet (210p)
  • N-ZAP '06 with Toxic Mist and Sting Ray (230p)
  • Banana .52 Gal with Splat Bomb and Tenta Missiles (190p)
  • Typhoon Brella with Point Sensor and Burst Bomb Launcher (190p)
  • High Efficiency Sloshing Machine with Ink Mines and Splashdown (200p)
  • Pastel Clash Blaster with Squid Beakons and Baller (200p)
  • Off the Hook Octobrush with Burst Bombs and Autobomb Launcher (220p)

MelodicFeline

Inkling
A Curling Bomb/Splashdown Octobrush could be cool. I have no idea what it could be called, though...

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
Here's my ideas about new weapons:
  • Carbon Roller Deluxe: A Carbon Roller but has gold paint instead of red. Comes with Point Sensors and Ink Armor.
  • Isopod Brella: A Tenta Brella but has the Inkline logo on it. Comes with Toxic Mist and Splashdown.
  • Satellite Luna Blaster: A Luna Blaster except it's painted black and has star imprinted on it. Comes with Burst Bombs and Stingray.
  • Splash-o-matic Redux: A Splash-o-matic except it's completely white. Comes with Splat Bombs and Suction Bomb Launcher.

the

Inkling Commander
I dunno about names, but how about:

Inkbrush with Burst Bombs and Inkstorm
The burst bombs give the inkbrush a fairly quick reliable ranged attack, good for a ninja-like weapon. Inkstorm would probably be useful for chip damage due to the inkbrush’s fairly low damage output, and the fact that burst bombs cannot one-hit-kill. It’s also nice for control, obviously.

Octobrush with Point Sensors and Bubble Blower
Point sensors would be interesting on a brush. You’re kind of a stealth player, so getting in and marking players for your teammates might be a cool strategy. In addition, as a short ranged weapon it’s good to know where your enemies are so you can avoid them or get the drop on them. The bubble blower is good for exerting your team’s presence during a push or while defending. They are useful not just for popping or blocking shots, but also for distraction and threatening the enemy team with a one-hit kill if they get too close. Being able to put up a temporary wall and play mind-games with a short range weapon seems like it would be a fun weapon to play.

(Wow I want these in the game now, RIP)

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Goo Tuber with Burst Bomb with Inkstorm. The Goober is a really bad main weapon, so giving it a borderline OP kit would be interesting.

Carbon Roller with Burst Bombs and Splashdown. The Carbon is similar the Goober and needs a good kit to carry it.

Dynamo with Toxic Mist and Inkstorm.

Jet Squelcher with Ink Mine and Inkstorm.

Blaster with Point Sensor and Point Sensor Rush. This is just an idea I had.

Jet Squelcher with Splash Wall and Curling Bomb Rush.

Very Clean Guy

Inkling
Watercolor Inkbrush: Burst Bombs & Inkstorm; for the agressive Inkbrush that wants to cover lots of ground

Acrylic Octobrush: Sprinkler & Sting Ray; for the supportive Octobrush that's confident with their main

Sonic Sploosh-o-Matic: Point Sensor & Bubble Blower; for the tactical Sploosh that wants to own the battlefield

Vintage Squiffer: Curling Bomb & Splashdown; for the sneaky Squiffer that wants to be able to make a quick getaway

Mustard Mini Splatling: Toxic Mist & Sting Ray; for the disruptive Mini that loves to meddle with his enemies

Bamboozler 14 Alpha: Squid Beakons & Curling Bomb Launcher; for the mobile Bamboozler that wants to be everywhere at once

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Surreptitious Undercover Brella (SUB for short): Point Sensor & Inkjet; Seek and Destroy

Hot Glooga Dualies: Toxic Mist & Suction-Bomb Launcher; "Slowing is my speciality!"

E-Liter 5K ± Scope: Burst Bomb & Splashdown; Did you know that salt makes cancer grow?

Calligraphy Flingza Roller: Sprinkler & Bubble Blower; For those who want to kill and spill ink

Pastel Inkbrush: Toxic Mist & Sting Ray; For passive squids with versatile dreams

0.69 Gal: Autobomb & Tenta Missiles; For those who want to stalk people

Long Ranged Blaster: Squid Beakon & Sting Ray; "Stay Back! I hate people!"

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
With how Nintendo said they'll be supporting this game for 2 years. That still leaves an entire year left from now.

Would actually be really cool if instead of doing a Sheldon's Pick where they just give certain weapons a 3rd variant, they just straight up give every weapon a 3rd variant.

But to contribute just random ideas of trying to put old weapons into different niches with little idea what I'm doing.

Corporate Tri-Slosher
Sub: Point Sensor
Special: Inkjet
A weapons designed to track opponents. Inkjet just to seal the deal.

Venom Splat Dualies
Sub: Toxic Mist
Special: Ink Storm
This weapon will chip at opponents, either by debuffing them with Toxic Mist or some DoT from Ink Storm.

Splattershot Jr. Reloaded
Sub: Curling Bomb
Special: Sting Ray
The unusual mix of a short ranged weapons designed to build specials fast and a backliner special.

Hot Glooga Dualies
Sub: Autobomb
Special: Splat-Bomb Launcher
Just start bombing stuff. The pure offensive weapons that the other Gloogas aren't.

Undercover Brella Ninjutsu
Sub: Toxic Mist
Special: Ink Armor
Pure support weapon.

Splash-o-matic 6
Sub: Ink Mine
Special: Tenta Missiles
A frontliner who can place Ink Mines on the field.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom