• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

"Shiny" and "Pure" Gear Compendium

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
DISCLAIMER
All of the information provided in this thread is publicly accessible, and was acquired either in-game or via Miiverse. If a player wishes to have their information removed, simply comment or send me a private message and it shall be done.

Q: What does "shiny" gear mean?"
A: "Shiny" · a term used to describe a piece of gear that has 3 of the same sub abilities of the neutral rolling probability (0.06%)

Q: What does "pure" gear mean?
A: "Pure" · a term used to describe a piece of gear that has the same main and sub abilities. Also falls under that of neutral rolling probability (0.06%).

Okay, now that we know the lingo, let's talk about how everyone can help!

Have you just seen someone in-game with either shiny or pure gear? You'll want to back out of that lobby, and head straight for the plaza. Find that player (feel free to order their gear!) and take a picture of their stats. Next, press the Wii U's home button and enter your friends list. Go to "Users Played With", find them in the list, and jot down their NNID.

That's really it! I only ask that all of these requirements are met and provided in a comment in this thread before I include them.

Q: How do I, the player, benefit from this list, or helping for that matter?
A: Ultimately, this will help the community as a whole in making it a lot easier to track down desired pieces of rare gear that have neutral probability subs. Some players aren't normally able to complete their ideal loadout because of complications brought on by low probability rolls and brand exclusivity. With this list you'll be able to send the player a message or friend request, play a quick Turf Wars match, and order their gear pronto.

With your help we can create something very useful for the community.

However, if you are looking to "request" a piece of gear, feel free to check out @HBSF° Hinichii.ez.™'s thread "One man's trash, is another man's treasure" here.

Credits: @Ikieri for coining the term "shiny, and @KnightMB for coining the term "pure".

Last edited:

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
*WIP*

The Compendium

* Squidboards Member
HEADGEAR
IGN: p0t3nt @p0t3nt
NND: iLLo_osion
Gear: *Shiny*
Black Arrowbands :head_eye004: **
(Main):ability_tenacity:
(Subs):ability_bombrange: :ability_bombrange: :ability_bombrange:

IGN: Poxni @Poxnixles
NNID: Vitiel
Sporty Bobble Hat :head_ncp003: *
(Main) :ability_tenacity:
(Subs) :ability_swimspeed: :ability_swimspeed: :ability_swimspeed:

IGN: Egregore
NNID: NoGoodEndings
Pilot Goggles :head_eye002: ***
(Main) :ability_bombrange:
(Subs) :ability_quicksuperjump: :ability_quicksuperjump: :ability_quicksuperjump:

IGN: Egregore *New*
NNID: NoGoodEndings
Sporty Bobble Hat :head_ncp003: *
(Subs) :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:

IGN: GuiaS
NNID: iGuiaS
Black Arrowbands :head_eye004: **
(Subs) :ability_inksavermain: :ability_inksavermain: :ability_inksavermain:

IGN: Mii *New*
NNID: PlusTB
Gear: *Pure*
Jungle Hat :head_hat001: ***
(Main) :ability_inksavermain:

IGN: にういち(ノソク) *New*
NNID: yuta-reakoiru
Bike Helmet :head_met000: ***
(Main) :ability_inkrecovery:
(Subs) :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:

CLOTHES
IGN:
NNID: bkantakanad
Sky-Blue Squideye :clothes_tes003:*
(Main) :ability_coldblooded:

IGN: brandon
NNID: brandon0426
Black Layered LS :clothes_tly003: *
(Main) :ability_inksavermain:
(Subs) :ability_swimspeed: :ability_swimspeed: :ability_swimspeed:

IGN: ( · ω · `)
NNID: oatogayoros-youd
Rockenberg White :clothes_tes002: **
(Main) :ability_inkrecovery:
(Subs) :ability_inkrecovery: :ability_inkrecovery: :ability_inkrecovery:

IGN: まっきー *New*
NNID: rumirumi0225
Green Zip Hoodie :clothes_prk001: **
(Main) :ability_specialduration:

IGN: ようこ *New*
NNID: Yoko1116
Dark Urban Vest :clothes_vest002: ***
(Main) :ability_coldblooded:
(Subs) :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:

IGN: Josh *New*
NNID: joshuafraiser
White Anchor Tee :clothes_tes022: ***
(Main) :ability_ninjasquid:
(Subs) :ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump:

IGN: クラムボン *New*
NNID: 88tenu
Baseball Jersey :clothes_shirt008:
(Main) :ability_specialcharge:

IGN: Frog @Frog *New*
NNID: Flyfar
Layered Vector LS :clothes_tly008: ***
(Main) :ability_specialsaver:
(Subs) :ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:

SHOES
IGN: LSDJ @LittleSoundDJ
NNID: LittleSoundDJ
Blue Moto Boots :shoes_bot003:***
(Main) :ability_inkresistance:
(Subs):ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:

IGN: なみだめ
NNID: namidame54
Turquoise Kicks :shoes_slp000: **
(Main):ability_specialcharge:
(Subs):ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:

IGN: aokma
NNID: mitei33
Cyan Trainers :shoes_sht004:*
(Main) :ability_damage:
(Subs) :ability_damage: :ability_damage: :ability_damage:

IGN: けい
NNID: keiact
Plum Casuals :shoes_cfs001: **
(Main) :ability_damage:
(Subs) :ability_damage: :ability_damage: :ability_damage:

Last edited:

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Is this thread there to show off or do you actually share the rare gear with us? Just an honest question cause there already is a thread for showing and sharing gear to help somebody with a certain gear request. Right here: http://squidboards.com/threads/one-mans-trash-is-another-mans-treasure.2133/
You might think about working with Hinichii together to merge all the information in the treasure thread.
I'm very much aware of his thread, but what it boils down to is a request thread, and not a reference list.

I explicitly mentioned the benefit of what this list will accomplish. It has nothing to do with "showing off".

To further assist people in differentiating between this thread and @HBSF° Hinichii.ez.™'s I have provided a link to his thread in the OP for anyone that has a gear "request".

Last edited:

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
I'm very much aware of his thread, but what it boils down to is a request thread, and not a reference list.

I explicitly mentioned the benefit of what this list will accomplish. It has nothing to do with "showing off".
Alright my bad,I'll give you that. You wrote the reason of the thread indeed.

A: Ultimately, this will help the community as a whole in making it a lot easier to track down desired pieces of rare gear. Some players aren't normally able to complete their ideal loadout because of complications brought on by low probability rolls and brand exclusivity. With this list you'll be able to send the player a message or friend request, play a quick Turf Wars match, and order their gear pronto.
But what's the difference? I mean you just used ''shiny'' and ''pure'' for perfected regular chance subs and 5x chance subs but it's still a thread for finding rare gear with 3 same subs like in the treasure thread. Do you mean some random people you met in a turf war or ranked with perfected gear? Even worse then cause it's not guaranteed that they add you back . I'm sorry if I'm asking that precisely but I personally can't see a significant difference. Maybe you could enlighten me.

EDIT: Alright. I got it now! But it's still lucky to get added back.

Last edited:

Njok

Bouncer
Also, he's not even one of the people who have such gear (according to what is in the OP atm), so what's there to show off?

On topic: if only you had started this a bit earlier :P Somewhere last week i saw a Japanese dude with 2 pieces of "Pure" Gear. Tried to order his all Ink saver main clothes but that of course did not happen. To be honest i am not 100% sure how the plaza works; is it possible this guy is gonna show up again because i played with him once? In that case i will make sure i get his nnid.

° Moteki

¤MÆL°
NNID
Shoctopus
Also, he's not even one of the people who have such gear (according to what is in the OP atm), so what's there to show off?

On topic: if only you had started this a bit earlier :p Somewhere last week i saw a Japanese dude with 2 pieces of "Pure" Gear. Tried to order his all Ink saver main clothes but that of course did not happen. To be honest i am not 100% sure how the plaza works; is it possible this guy is gonna show up again because i played with him once? In that case i will make sure i get his nnid.
he wont show up again until you play with him again.

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
But what's the difference? I mean you just used ''shiny'' and ''pure'' for perfected regular chance subs and 5x chance subs but it's still a thread for finding rare gear with 3 same subs like in the treasure thread. Do you mean some random people you met in a turf war or ranked with perfected gear? Even worse then cause it's not guaranteed that they add you back . I'm sorry if I'm asking that precisely but I personally can't see a significant difference. Maybe you could enlighten me.
Every question you have is literally addressed in the OP. :confused:

Also, I recommended rereading the definition of both terms. Neither of them account for brand exclusive probability (equal to 2.7%), but are of the neutral probability (equal to 0.06%).

To wrap up, as I stated in the OP, this is a work in progress, so expect sporadic updates to the compendium.

On topic: if only you had started this a bit earlier :p Somewhere last week i saw a Japanese dude with 2 pieces of "Pure" Gear. Tried to order his all Ink saver main clothes but that of course did not happen. To be honest i am not 100% sure how the plaza works; is it possible this guy is gonna show up again because i played with him once? In that case i will make sure i get his nnid.
You'll need to find him in a match again, and then leave that lobby immediately after to find him in the plaza right in that area by the sliding lobby door. The plaza population updates after each match, so if that player weren't in your next match, they won't be in the plaza.

It's imperative for the player to leave the lobby and visit the plaza right after encountering another player with a desired shiny or pure gear.

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
You should also note that once "the person with the Gear" is in your plaza you can order from them as much as you want as long as you don't play a match. I recommend saving at least 100000 gold on case you do ever get all 3 slots.

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
You should also note that once "the person with the Gear" is in your plaza you can order from them as much as you want as long as you don't play a match. I recommend saving at least 100000 gold on case you do ever get all 3 slots.
Yes, definitely worth noting that you'll need 100k gold to buy a perfect order from Spyke.

Spyke will have this message when he has ordered exactly the same as the original:

Grafkarpador

Inkling Cadet
NNID
grafkarpador
does anyone know the exact chance of Spyke cloning gear? I've been trying for weeks ordering perfect and shiny gear every day and so far he cloned nothing, only rarely reproduced 2 slots. Anyone got numbers?

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
does anyone know the exact chance of Spyke cloning gear? I've been trying for weeks ordering perfect and shiny gear every day and so far he cloned nothing, only rarely reproduced 2 slots. Anyone got numbers?
Well ,if you define every state with the same chance ,you have a chance of 25% (no slots unlocked,one slot unlocked,two slots unlocked,3 slots unlocked)

Grafkarpador

Inkling Cadet
NNID
grafkarpador
Well ,if you define every state with the same chance ,you have a chance of 25% (no slots unlocked,one slot unlocked,two slots unlocked,3 slots unlocked)
it's obviously not a 25% chance because that would mean it'd occur every 4th time, or about almost twice a week. I'd need to have absolutely TERRIBLE luck to never get a single clone over the duration of time and amount of times that I've tried. I really doubt that personally and there's no evidence supporting it's a 25% chance anyway I think.

Njok

Bouncer
There is no way in hell (or anywhere else for that matter) that it's a 25% chance. Out of at least 25 tries it has happened once for me.

To be honest i think it is completely random and not to be calculated. Does anyone know what the guide says?

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
Guys...you know that the chance resets every time,right? That means you could have bad luck every single time. It's definitely not guaranteed to get your perfect gear on the 4th try. But yeah...could be random.

Grafkarpador

Inkling Cadet
NNID
grafkarpador
Guys...you know that the chance resets every time,right? That means you could have bad luck every single time. It's definitely not guaranteed to get your perfect gear on the 4th try. But yeah...could be random.
oh thanks for explaining how basic functions of stochastics work and completely dismissing the point I've made

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
With their permission, I've shared this thread in UglyBread and @BrTarolg's stream chats today in hopes of spreading some more awareness around shiny and pure gear, and their importance to competitive players.

Even if you haven't come across either types yourself, just sharing this thread with your inner circle might bring in someone who can contribute to the compendium.

Of course, everyone gets appropriate credit for their discovery.

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Wow, I wish this thread had been a thing sooner. I once saw a pure Jungle Hat. Spyke let me down, as per usual.
Yeah, I've seen a bunch myself just last week. :(

Just keep an eye out! That's exactly the type of stuff we need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom